Character ages

How old are the characters in this game?

I heard Ricken was 17, but he looks like 14 or something. Donny looks like 15-16.

Also I find it hard to believe Lucy is like 10-12...she said she comes from over 10 years in the future, but she might as well say almost 20 years, because she looks close to that age.

It's stated in-game that Emmeryn is 24-25.

Edited by Juliet

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids are definitely in their teens. Since Laurent is the oldest, I'd say he's about 18-20, or something like that.

Chrom is probably 22, maybe.

what would ever make you think that lucina 10-12 years old

She's at least as old as her father.

The children are at least 18-25 years old.

what would ever make you think that lucina 10-12 years old

The children are at least 18-25 years old.

The fact Lucina states she came from 10 years into the future (I think after Carrion Isle?). Put that together with the fact she's born some time in the 'two years later' section, and she's about 10 when travelling back, and about 12 when she joins you.

Then again, there's also what Laurent says about time travel. But it still makes it hard for what Lucina says to be accurate and the kids to be above about 15.

If I remember correctly, though, Lucina uses a slightly vague wording when saying how far into the future she came from, which could easily make her up to about 5 years older without the statement seeming odd (why say 'more than 10 years' if it's more like 20?). So 15-20 would seem to be roughly the age of the children characters, by that logic, and if I'm recalling the conversation correctly.

Apparently old enough to marry. I really doubt Luci is 12. I'm pretty sure she said something like, "more than ten years hence." When saying how far ahead. More than ten. Though they really could've elaborated more.

Oh boy, an age thread! I have new ideas about the ages of everyone. 8U These are my guesses, pre-timeskip. I won't list children age guesses because time travel is confusing...

Chrom - 22
Lissa - 19
Frederick - 29
Sully - 23
Virion - 25
Stahl -23
Vaike - 21
Miriel - 25
Sumia - 20
Kellam - 20
Donnel - 17
Lon'qu - 24
Ricken - 15
Maribelle - 19
Gaius - 22
Panne - ???
Cordelia - 24
Gregor - 35
Nowi - 1000+
Libra - 24
Tharja - 22
Anna - 26
Olivia - 21
Cherche - 25
Henry - 17

Say'ri - 25
Tiki - 3000+
Basilio - 40
Flavia - 40

Priam - ???
Emmeryn - 25
Grangel - 30
Aversa - 30 (she says she's 8 years older than Chrom)
Yen'fey - 27
Walhart - 45

As for My Unit..for both guy and girl My Units:

Build 1: 22-25

Build 2: 17-20

Build 3: 27-30

These are guesses, and the ages I use for them in my mind. 8U I guess it's because of birthdays that characters don't have official ages, but very few FE characters have their official ages revealed anyway, right? As far as I recall, anyway...

Edited by Faye

You guys have to remember that Future!Lucina's presence sped up how the wars happened in her timeline, and it's not sure how long it was between Future!Chrom's death and when the children left their world.

That said whatever their ages are is headcanon at most. Considering that Emmeryn's birthday is December 23, she may have become Exalt the year she turned 10, so depending on the actual dates, she's either 24 or 25.

Didn't Chrom say something about her being nearly as old as him?

Or...I don't know, maybe it was someone else, but I'm fairly positive some parent character said that their child was nearly as old as them...

Then again, there's also what Laurent says about time travel. But it still makes it hard for what Lucina says to be accurate and the kids to be above about 15.

What does Laurent say about time travel?

Faye's pretty much got the right idea I'd say. I really don't see anyone being younger than Ricken, who seems 15-16.

Edit: I'd probably put Virion out of his 20s, though, 30-32 seems right. And Henry does seem young with his Japanese voice but in English he sounds at least as old as Lissa.

Edited by Owain Dark

Like EliwoodGabriel pointed out a few posts above, it's implied that Lucina showing up in the past made events move faster. Like, the war against Plegia lasted longer in the original timeline because a certain event that caused the Plegian army to desert en masse did not occur. Not to mention that apparently Chrom was supposed to be wounded, twice, and because those wounds did not occur it made certain events happen faster.

I think that in the first half of the game, before the timeskip, Chrom's about 18 and Lissa's about 15-16. Which means after the timeskip, Chrom is about 20 and Lissa's about 17-18. Maribelle would be the same as Lissa.

Post timeskip, Ricken looks like he's in the 15-16 range. Cherche would be like 26-27, which I am assuming from original dialogue in the Japanese support convos. Miriel's probably in her mid-twenties, Henry's maybe about the same.

Also I find it hard to believe Lucy is like 10-12...she said she comes from over 10 years in the future

This, i believe, is what we call a PLOT HOLE!

Anyway heres my guesses:

Chrom: 23

Lissa: 17

Froderick: 28

Sully: 23

Virion: 27

Stahl: 24

Miriel: 25

Sumia: 19

Vaike: 23

Kellam: 24

Ricken: 15

Maribelle: 19

Tharja: 24

Olivia: 23

Henry: 19

Cherche: 26

Say'ri: 25

Gregor: 45

Panne: 26 (i dunno about Taguel lifespans)

Nowi: 2000

Anna: 26

Donnel: 18

Tiki: 4000 or some junk.

Gangrel: 30

Aversa: 30

Yen'fey: 28

Priam: 23

Emmeryn: 27

Kids:

Lucina: 18 (hi plot hole!)

Cynthia: 17

Owain: 17

Gerome: 18

Noire: 17

Laurent: 20

Morgs: 17

Yarne: 18

Nah: 16 (or the manakete equivalent of 16)

Severa: 17

Kjelle: 17

Brady: 17 (hes younger than Lucina!)

Build 1: 17

Build 2: 23

Build 3: 28

Pre-time skip, Chrom mentions that 15 years ago is when his parents died, so that at least makes it so Lissa, one of the youngest looking 1st gen characters, must be at least 15 years old. Donnel is confirmed as being younger than her. After the timeskip this probably makes Lissa 17-18 and Donnel is probably a year younger, making him 16/17. Ricken hasn't "come of age" yet according to Cordelia so I assume he's probably 15 and is 17 after the timeskip as well. Cherche is apparently only 19 years old with the events she describes in some of her support conversations.

I presume that baby Lucina is a year old when we see her, plus another 10 years, plus two years she spent growing up in the future, putting her at... 13 at the youngest, but none of the kids look that young. I feel like she's closer to 16 or 17, with any sibling she has being 14-15, mostly due to the fact that they're all younger than her. Laurent, on the other hand, may be over the age of 20. Morgan is the youngest child; he/she is always the younger sibling in any support convo which probably puts Morgan's age at 13 or 14.

My educated guesses (assuming the timeskip has happened):

Chrom: 22

Lissa: 18

Emmeryn: 25

Donnel: 17

Ricken: 17

Cherche: 19

Generally, the younger 1st gen characters are a little older than they look (other than Donnel, who looks about right), while the older ones are sort of hit and miss, since Cherche looks older than 19. But there really isn't much to go on when it comes to their ages, other than the fact most of the characters look early 20's except Frederick (maybe?), Gregor, and possibly Miriel.

Mmm Lucina (I think? Maybe it was someone else...) say that she and the other "kids" are still children, so maybe they have less than 18? I readed that today, I think it was in the Future Past chapter (oh god, what a terrible memory I have :facepalm: )

Edited by SniperGYS

Cherche: 19

O.o I...cant...Shes gotta be mid 20s at the youngest. She's served Virion for a long time and they are relatively close in age and he aint no teenager or even very early 20s.

I don't think Cherche is THAT young. D: In her S Support with My Unit, she laments that she and Minerva will be old maids forever. I don't know if she says the same in the Japanese version, but it makes me think she's 25 or older.