A Song Of Sprites and Fire 2.0

Loki Laufeyson

Hai. So new topic because the old one is caked with mummy dust and rotting.

Here's the old thread for those who care.

Anyway, i havent made a sprite in hella days. Hella days. So bare with me. I was showing a friend from westeros.org some of my ASOIAF sprites and he was like "Melisandre would be awesome!" So...i dusted off my spriting boots and tried it out. Hoooooo im rusty. Ill need some pointers guys, so yeah.

4fwpih.png

Everyone's favorite red woman. I know theres something a bit messed about her hairline but im like old and senile. SENILE I TELLS YA! Warning for those who take hiatuses from spriting. :P:

Sock it to me.

If some of you still wonder if im ever going to finish that Sansa sprite, i might. I still have it somewhere....

I was meaning to ask, are you gonna base these off the TV show or the book descriptions? Because some characters are very different...

Also I don't really know if it's an error but Melisandre's nose looks weird to me :|

She has a long neck in the TV show

lol.

Theres a lot of Limstella and Sonia in her. Limstella's face with Sonia's bottom face half. Its odd that you guys say the neck is too long when i just used Sonia's. Hmm.

I was meaning to ask, are you gonna base these off the TV show or the book descriptions?

Actually i tend to mix the two types of descriptions. I lean more toward the show to make them somewhat recognizable, but also keep the spirit of the books.

Anyway, i shortened her neck a pixel and lowered her choker.

1zm2e1k.png

Here's what the show depicts her as for those who dont know. I tried making her choker much more detailed originally but i nearly fucked up the entire sprite that way so i was all "Ugh..simplifying it." (anyone with some cool ideas or suggestions to make her choker look cooler, fire away!) Im so rusty....

Edited by Ser Florina

• 2 months later...

Im staring at it trying to figure out how to straighten the hairline. Does it need to go up or down? I know its the right side of the hairline that needs to be straightened out though.

Meh, nevermind, i think i found the problem. (with some help of my dearest brother, Lumi)

So heres fixed Loki!

2dhzjhv.png

I moved his head over to the left a pixel, lowered his hairline to match better and some of his hair.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

HURRRRR! *blows off dust*

You know i got bored and Season 5 happened so i got itching to make an army of Danys.
Here, have some Danys.

Here she is as Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea (on her Silver)

5pE2ms6.png

And heres Season 3 Dany with Drogon:

QzjBJgy.png

(i suck real bad at customing durgins. So i used the wyvern base considering thats what the durgins look like anyway. I just shrunk him down a wee bit)

i wanna do Viserion and Rhaegal eventually.

• 4 months later...

Hey, you're spriting again, Florina! I was wondering if you were doing that anymore, I remembered you being one of my teachers years ago. ^^

But lookin' good, especially dat Loki. The only problem I see with the girl in the OP other than what others have pointed out is that she might have a BIT too much forehead. :P

Edited by Anacybele