A new fe gam for your enjoynment!

Clyde123

fellow fe, i make the next fe gam! all can enjoy, a beta test is happening. Two optional paths just like fe14, except they are FREE!!! Choose DLC 1 or DLC 2 when reach a certain point in the gam. Best regards! c

Download removed! I will atem to fix issues mentioned here. Dlc gives error because I put it there, since its not done yet. I will replace with 'end' as you suggestt.

Also, I do not write words, friend of Japan does, so I say him to fix plot. He request ideas if anyhas any.

Also I not supposed to release gam this soon. It was a oops for me. But because of feedback here, he want more 'input ' from community here. Needs assistance with sprite work. Thanks to all of you brothers and sisters..

Edited by Clyde123
I keep my promises.

I feel like this is gonna give my computer herpes.

my great friend, i asure you that there is no herpes in the gam, thus your computer will not recieve them.

This looks interesting...

Thank you, my friend!

You have one post to clearly explain what that .exe file is, as well as the nature of this game.

Otherwise, this topic disappears.

You have one post to clearly explain what that .exe file is, as well as the nature of this game.

I decided to take the bullet to see if it was a dud or not.

Seems to be an RPG Maker VX game, though idk if it's filled with trojans or not.

My friend, i did not intend to cause harm. The game is a new fe game, i made it myself with some help from some friends of japan.

The EXE is a setup, it extracts the game to your computer. then you can add a desktop shortcut, and then you can play the game. Use the keys 'z' 'x' and arrows to play.

Once again, i am very sorry if i caused a disturbance.

can confirm, rpg maker vx ace game

can also confirm that there was no bugtesting, because the game has a number of points that don't work

additionally having a "pick a path" and following it with an "error" that is actually just text dialogue, and the other being a But Thou must is just plain bad. At least give a proper "End of Demo". >->

You could also try and implement one of the tactical battle systems that exist instead of using RPG Maker's default battle system (which is bad, and is double bad for an FE game).

You could also not explain the entirety of the plot in the opening sequences. And preferably not lift things so blatantly.

And make battlers transparent, and make mugshots actually look like they belong together-- RTP default mugshots really do not belong next to OA cropped mugshots which really do not belong next to mugshots from the game.

finally, delete saves when you ship a project, this made me laugh aloud

If you really want to stick with the default battle system, at least give each of the characters their own classes and skills instead of relying on the default ones.

Same with items-- WHY IS MARTH USING AN AXE?

Edited by Eliwan

So, just did a very quick analysis, file-wise. I got conflicting results - conflicting in a bad way.

While I'm waiting for the other mods to chime in on what they think of my findings, I'm going to temporarily remove the download links. Whether they're restored or not depends on a lot of things, none of which I have time to address right now.

If ANYONE reposts the download link before another mod says otherwise, the most lenient thing I'll do is a two-week suspension.

Does a link to an archived folder, which contains the extracted contents from the executable*, count as "the download link"?

*the executable is effectively the same item as an archive in the first place, this is standard practice for RPG Maker

Does a link to an archived folder, which contains the extracted contents from the executable*, count as "the download link"?

*the executable is effectively the same item as an archive in the first place, this is standard practice for RPG Maker

Yeah.

Just got home, so I should have a bit more time to poke at the file itself.

EDIT: After some more detailed poking around, I'll put the link back up. However, download this at your own risk - my investigation wasn't as detailed as "analyze a binary that possibly contains a zero-day", so there's still a possibility I missed something.

Edited by eclipse

Ah, I'm totally downloading this, it seems like a huge mess and I like those kinds of stuff. "gam" tho.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Where do I start.

The portraits are all mixed and matched when you could have just used FE's portraits for everything and simply recolor them if you need.

You're using the EXTREMELY generic default battle system which removes any Fire Emblem-esque feel from the game, when there are tons of stuff you could use to make it be a typical RPG, but still make it feel FE-ish. Weapon durability for example, and the MP/TP bars can be easily removed. Also, what kind of spell name is "Life Drain"? There's a thing called Nosferatu.

The plot...is a mess. Alm attacks Altea for no apparent reason, even though he's on friendly terms with Marth, kills his father (who has two of himself) and Marth somehow manages to escape, when he's proven to be an excellent fighter and could probably take on Alm and Alm himself would never let his enemies escape because he's not stupid. Also, where are Caeda and everyone else? Jeigan, Caeda and everyone else would never leave Marth's side! Also, why is Marth using an axe.

Anyways, these are my impression for less than 10 minutes of gameplay, hooray.

Edited by Floral Pattern

Alright why the fuck do I have Ryoma on my side. (he's also the father of the second guy in my team, even though there's not a big age difference going on... I guess it's medieval age, men did what they wanted I guess)

Screenshot_14.png

And the second I saw FE 4 map I bursted in laughter.

Edited by Glacoe

Gam of the Yeat material right here.

for real though: try at least getting portraits from the same source so they don't artistically clash and try to balance the characters a little more.

Edited by Alusq

You're right... but eh, I'm a heartless douchebad anyway.

Also the game doesn't have misspells, from what I can see, which can lead to either:

this hack not created by this person; or

the text was written by someone else but the rest Clyde123 did.

Edited by Glacoe