Return of the Emblem Chapter Nine: Consolidating Forces

Phoenix

Following after Aneda towards what was presumably the direction of the guild, Faatina listened to Aneda go on about what they could do afterward, from going for more food, to getting drinks, to just generally painting the town it would seem. Either way, it seemed she was feeling a tad more merry than before, which was certainly a good thing.

"Of course, Aneda. It's fun to explore the town with you."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veronika

"Well there's not much point to the cloaks inside of the manor, unless we plan on keeping them alive. Maybe we can set out a course that takes us through the wilderness rather than through town, these cultists are located outside the town itself right?" she asked, trying to remember what was in the dossiers.

Nadya

"Thanks for the info," she said the receptionist before heading off to the warrior's guild, deep in thought. Hmm maybe I can ask to see people's scores after the assessment- get the best ones and put 'em on my team. Though synergy is important too, need someone that can take hits, someone that can beat people up easily, some magic...

Connor

"You only live once," he said to Gabbie, before closing his eyes and moving around his finger around the Rexian portion of the menu randomly before stopping. "Uh, I'll have this," he declared to the waitress. Well, this should be educational at least...

"Yes that's right, the manse is outside of town near the woods." responded Zach to Veronika's question. "We could probably sneak through there without much trouble, but we still have to go through town to get there unless we can somehow fly there...... or swim."

"I can swim. Not sure about ev'ryone else, though," Gytha replied, not really liking the idea of fighting while wet. If necessary she would, of course, but it did make it a bit more difficult.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside the guild building, a few of the members were loitering and exchanging stories; nothing out of the ordinary. When the pegasus rider approached the entrance with his pegasus in tow, one of them stopped leaning on the wall and began to approach him while waving to get his attention. "Hey, you can't bring your flying horse inside. They do all mount testing outdoors."

"Why you tellin' him all that? Isn't it obvious?"

"He looks new. I've never seen'em before, at any rate."

"Yeah, true." It seemed that the men were on the verge of drifting back off into their own little conversation, there.

Norbert had dismounted and was about to enter the building. He stopped when he was addressed. "What?" Well, actually, I guess it makes sense. This place looks less crowded than the arena but it's smaller too. I don't feel comfortable about that, though. "I'd rather not leave her out here. I don't want anyone taking her while I'm gone," he briefly explained.

"Pegasus theft, is not on the top ten list of Tremere's most frequent crimes." the guild member replied. "Nothing's going to happen to it. What are you going to do when you have to eat? Ask them to bring the food out to you?" The man couldn't help imagining Bert handling everything with his pegasus holding him back.

"I'm being cautious because I've already had one person pretty insistant on my selling her and another person soon after him asking if I was planning on selling her to the Governor. This town doesn't look like the kind that doesn't have a lot of theft that goes on and if it's common knowledge that the governor is giving as load of gold to whoever gives him a pegasus, then I'm not letting her out from under my personal protection," Norbert clarified. As an asside, he added, "I don't want anyone getting impaled or trampled for trying to take her somewhere she doesn't want to go."

"Well true, this isn't the friendliest place in the world, but the rich folks around here aren't exactly friends, either. Someone's always waiting for someone else to do something stupid so they can nail them to the wall ... err-figuratively speaking. They're going to keep throwing money at you until you sell or find someone else to pester, I'd say. At least if it's the governor and not some crazy nobleman." he replied. "Though ... maybe don't wander into any dark alleys ... just to be safe. Can never be too sure." he added with a shrug.

"I'll just keep to the skies for my travel. So, will you let me bring her in?" Norbert asked, wondering if they'd let up for this particular case.

"No way, pal. We let one person do it, and by this time tomorrow, it'll be a zoo in there." he shot back, waving his hands back and forth and shaking his head.

"Horses, pegasi, and wyverns equate to a zoo, huh?" another guild member teased with a grin.

"Well, what am I supposed to do? I can't just leave her out here and expect no one's going to try to take her and get murdered for it," Norbert asked, slightly irritated at the impasse.

"Tell you what, we'll keep an eye on her for you. You've clearly got business to take care of and we've got nothing better to do."

"Mmm, I guess. It's not like it's any different." the other said, deciding it wouldn't be much different from before, only now they'd be loitering closer to the animals.

... Hm. These guys seem trustworthy enough. At least with regard to this... "Alright," he agreed, "Thanks." So, Rizen was hitched and left outside as Norbert went into the guild. I should probably make this as short as I can. I don't feel good about leaving her out there too long, even with those guys looking after her.

It was a round building very similar to the arena, but smaller and less crowded. Many of the people here weren't the usual citizenry either. The pegasus rider found his excitement rising. A place dedicated to the betterment of one's fighting capabilities... I can't wait to look around! "Excuse me," he began, talking to one of the guys just sort of standing around, "Do you know where I go to take the warrior's guild assessment?" I wonder if I'm allowed to explore at leisure or if I have to have a member with me.

Edited by Mercakete

Meeting

"You guys don't have enough mounts for that, do you? Unless you're only sending in a few teams or somethin' ..." Reign commented. "Man, what you really need is a diversion ..."

"As long as we don't blow up anything. That's what Sardis' people did when they attacked me the first time. It was a really close call and the guards didn't make it to the scene until the fighting was over." Raquel added. A diversion was fine with her as long as nobody got killed. "... and no I can't swim." Raquel put her head right back down. That was embarrassing, and why did she even admit that just now? She knew she didn't have to but it just sort of came out on its own. Well hopefully admission would simply be forgotten and the conversation would go on like nothing ever-

"You still can't swim? Hahah." Damn. "Well I personally don't think Raquel should even be going along ... at all. That's the easiest way to protect her, just thinkin' out loud here." Reign said.

Restaurant

"Tell that to Rodrigo. Or rather I'll tell him if you don't make it past lunch today." Gabbie teased before masterfully stealing the menu from him. The waitress, Neela, giggled at the comment. Gabbie then looked the menu over, squinting almost dubiously the whole time. "Ahah! I'll have a sausage roll, thank you~" And with that, she passed the menu to Davod.

"Aww, not taking any chances, I see. That's okay, I understand. We've had a few complaints from foreigners who had trouble with their first rexian meals." Neela admitted while gently rubbing her cheek with her finger.

Guild

Someone was talking to him. That was fast. Ten seconds out of conversation and now he was right back in one. "Talk to Mandy. She likes to play manager in her spare time. Though if I had to guess, I'd rate you a ... tier five or six on strength. Can't tell much else just by looking." he replied, shrugging at the assessment. "Mandy's the rexian with too much hair. Look for the ponytail." he advised.

Cassandra Ex Arca

By the time Cecily made it to the scene, the coffins had all shown up. She moved behind the corner of a building so no one would spot her who didn't already know she was there. The groups and their discussion was still too far away for her to hear anything that wasn't outright yelling. "Flying caskets ... who on earth are those two ...?"

"Calm down, peons, calm down. This is all rather self explanatory, you'll see." Burke urged. The coffins soon arrived and began to float around almost randomly. The Coffin of Darkness broke away from the others and approached. Burke hopped down from the Spear coffin and began walking closer to Sardis' group, the place the coffin was about to touch down. It landed, standing up perfectly straight, and it opened to reveal a barely conscious girl within. "Meet Cassandra, a lovely little experiment of mine."

"So you are ..." Sardis chimed in, not finishing his thought at first. "You are a forger after all. I had my doubts."

"R-Raquel ..." That was about all Jethro could get out as he stared. Cassandra opened her eyes and slowly stepped out from the coffin.

"She looks just like the artificials our people use to make." Alexis said, glancing over at Jethro to gauge his reaction.

"I did follow your template, but I'm not really sure about the look myself. It'll have to do for now, though. More importantly, she can assist you."

"... how so?"

"You really want to have this conversation out in the open?" Burke asked while tilting his head to the side. Cassandra tried to look disinterested in everyone as she took her place at his side ... but Jethro was right there. It was all she could do to keep from rushing to his side. No, what really kept her from running to him and breaking her cover even after numerous exercises and warnings from Burke was the fact that Jethro was dressed for battle, similar to his Ursian uniform, and he was standing right alongside the rest of Sardis' men. It didn't make any sense. That scared the tar out of her and kept her from doing anything hasty. She had to play her part. Sardis paused, thinking about Burke's little suggestion.

Edited by Phoenix

"Aye, that's an idea. Not like we can stop'er if she wants t' come, though. Not sure if she does, though. Even I'm not inclined t' be goin' inta a place with so many scum-crusted scoundrels. Mother always said 'if a fella starts makin' discourteous advances, shoot 'im. If a fella starts makin' discourteous advances n' yer th' one who went o'er t' him n' where he spends his time, shoot 'im but it's yer own fault ye got yerself inta that situation.' Best t' stay away from trouble as best ye can n' give trouble when it comes t' ye. So, I'm goin' t' give 'em some trouble so trouble doesn't come t' Raquel 'r th' ships," Gytha spoke up. As an afterthought, more quietly to herself, Gytha added, "Shootin' is mother's s'lution t' a lot o' things..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five or six on strength at a glace? ... I wonder if that's high or low... Norbert wondered as he listened to the man. "Thanks. I'll do that," he replied before wandering off in search of this Mandy person. She wasn't hard to pick out once he'd spotted her. "You're Mandy, right?" he asked as he fell into a comfortable talking distance, "I'm here about your guild's exam."

"Your mother was the one who taught you to shoot everything?" asked Robin with a bit of shock in her voice. A pang of sympathy shot through her for Gytha. It didn't excuse how she felt about her, but it did cause her to feel a bit... harsh and judgmental. Her own father had taught her to be wood-wise and independent, relying on the self to get things done, not accepting aid unless needed. Though she doubted anyone would see it as an excuse for any action she did, if she had done something as a result from that she would not be happy if someone else told her she was wrong... Or something like that.

She gave herself a quick shake of the head. Even if she wanted to like Gytha and make amends, now was not the time to do so. "Raquel, I am sworn to follow your order. Give me the word and I will gladly do what I can to make a diversion."

---

Sweep sweep, sweep. Fred sighed with boredom as he continued to clean in his new-found job.

"Sweeping, all day, is that really all you have planned for me? No mopping, scrubbing, or anything of the sort? Just sweeping and sweeping? My life is too short to pay such a debt on a sweepers salary! Alas, are you going to make me do some other chore? Some other menial labor? Scrub the lion's teeth, serve out food to the crowds, anything? I can't go on like this!"

"It hasn't even been half an hour yet you lazy olf! Keep sweeping!'

Edited by Snowy_One

"Aw you're just saying that! We've only seen like... a few things, we haven't even done much!" Aneda was mostly teasing, as was evident by her rubbing of Faatina's hair, messing it up a little. Hannah snorted, and of course Aneda went right to Hannah again. It looks like someone is whipped "Aaaaanyway, are you really interested to go through with this or are you just following? Cuz if it's just following, I'll gladly go do something more fun than this, this... this can be done later."

"Oh come on, where's your sense of adventure?" Davod poked whilst ignoring the menu and turning to Neela now. "I'll just have whatever your spiciest dish is. Don't worry, I know what I'm in for more or less, you won't get complaints from me." Davod... what the hell are you doing? You are going to complain, spicy food is never ever going to sit well with you... I give up.

<So their Mansion is outside of town, and even close to the ocean.> John thought. <I suppose heading in there and out without much attention may not be that hard to pull off after all. Although, this is now turning into quite the little scheme.> He noted. <I suppose we have to, otherwise letting them take the first step would be bad. But if something were to go wrong... hmm, would it be worth it to take our chances here...?>

Isn't this taking it a little too far? Sophia was wondering. First it was just how to sneak in and out, but now it had turned into using diversion and even swimming to the Manse in order to get there. Would it really be a good idea to participate in this...?

Veronika

"I agree, there doesn't seem to be much of a reason for Raquel to come along. Usually we're not in the advantageous position of being able to surprise others- we're frequently the ones ambushed," Veronika remarked.

"If we're going to do a diversion, let's not go overboard. Being caught for arson to distract from our visit to the manse would be counterproductive for instance," she pointed out.

Connor

"Uh, could I get the mild version of whatever I ordered?" he asked Neela, the conversation worrying him a bit. The thought of his intestines doing a stunt similar to the Phoenix was not a particularly pleasant one.

C&C

"Oh she does sort of look like Layla," Clara said, looking at Cassandra more closely. "What's this about "used to make", did the machine break or something?" she asked the woman who made the comment.

Cloe on the other hand, decided to try and put all this information together in her head. So this 'Cassandra' is an artificial...but that one man called her Raquel? She must be based off of that merchant- does making a copy of her have something to do with the emblem? And apparently she was made by 'armor guy', not whatever the usual method is. Layla's definitely going to want a report on all this.

Edited by -Cynthia-

"Aye. mother taught me t' shoot. I don't r'sort t' shootin' as often as she does, though. She's much better than me, too. Even father's careful around 'er. 'Course..." she began, but trailed off before finishing, "This isn't th' time t' be talkin' about me family. We need t' figure out what sort o' strategy t' put in place. Oy, Zachara, ye have any ideas? Ye know 'em better than we do."

"It's not like that, it's just... you're a lot of fun to be with, Aneda, that's all." Faatina replied, fixing her hair after Aneda rustled it up and went back to Hannah.

"Haha, this sound interesting though. I'm actually pretty curious." Faatina added with a quick smile.

Meeting

"I wasn't talking about any of you making the diversion. You'll be too busy taking care of those cultists." Reign clarified for Robin. He then turned his attention to Veronika for a second saying "And no, I don't think we need to start any fires. I only meant keeping as many eyes as possible off of that mansion." He scratched his head a bit afterward looking like he was conflicted. He was. "I dunno, maybe I'm over thinkin' this. All you guys really need to do is beat those guys, rescue the 'goddess', and not get arrested."

"With all the ambushes we've survived, I wonder how Sardis and his men handle situations like these." Raquel muttered.

"'Kill all witnesses', that sound about right?"

Raquel stared blankly for a second. Oh right, now I remember. They'll kill people and even blow up enormous ships full of people just for a simple distraction. That's how they work. she realized.

Restaurant

"The spiciest? Okay, I'll be sure to get that for you ... and an extra water just in case." Neela replied, sounding vaguely worried. Connor made an additional request and Neela nodded affirmatively. "Is that everything?"

Gabbie shrugged. She didn't have anything else in mind at the moment.

Guild

"Exams? Sure, I'll get you a form and you can take one of the empty classrooms. Just kidding-follow me~" the woman said. She hadn't looked at Bert even once after the initial glance. Not the most polite way to address someone, but to be fair, this may have been the ten thousandth time someone had come in for an evaluation with the arena right down the street. She began walking off toward a hallway expecting Bert to follow along. If he didn't? Well she had someone she wanted to check on back there, anyway.

Hell

"That bastard Dolan was one of our top forgers; I'm sure you've heard of him. Well his shenanigans came to a swift end not too long ago, and so any new projects are most definitely on hold." Alexis explained quietly to Clara so the unwelcome guests wouldn't catch any of it.

"This isn't top secret, Burke. Out with it." Sardis demanded, though his voice was noticeably reserved.

"Huh. Just checking. Your emblem. You've been trying to figure out its connection with Raquel, haven't you? So obviously you need Raquel, unfortunately, she escaped, but not before I took what I wanted~"

"I bet you just let her go without a fight to spite us." Hayato hissed in the background.

"Oh please, it was hardly so simple as that. How are you even surprised with how many times you've failed up until now? Unimportant. Cassandra here is far and away more valuable than Raquel is or ever will be. Now to why I'm here. I want you to do me a favor, Sardis." Burke explained before alluding to a request of his own.

"Oh?"

"I want you to take Cassandra with you. She'll succeed where your other little helpers fail ... and should you find an extra emblem piece, or maybe just feel generous enough to give her your own, she will become even more powerful ... in time."

"Do you ... think we're stupid or something?" Hayato spat back.

Sardis began thinking to himself. Something about this seems off. He's offering us a superior copy of Raquel to do far more with than I ever thought possible before having her changed. On the surface this seems like a transparent attempt to plant a spy within our ranks but ... it could be far worse than that. That might not be some copy he made. Raquel's escape makes no sense. It's far more likely that Raquel never escaped, and he kept the emblem piece for himself before altering Raquel to appear to be an artificial human. She doesn't seem shocked to see Jethro or myself, though. He may have suppressed her memories so we wouldn't figure that out. But why? To fool us or to suppress her true nature until some opportune moment? Or what if he is telling the truth and she did escape somehow? How could he have created an artificial so quickly if the person it was based on escaped so soon after the battle? I'm not sure which is the truth in all of this. Hmm ... memory suppression isn't flawless. Enough stress could reveal the truth of this ....

Hm. So, she's a member of the guild. I guess I was expecting someone a little more...humorless. Norbert puzzled lightly as he followed Mandy. He wound up looking around as he followed, those thoughts swiftly overshadowed by his anticipation at what these tests would be like.

"Well, Faatina dear, don't be afraid to speak up if you're not comfortable with how I do things. Sometimes I get a little... outlandish and weird." It was partially true, but she mostly wanted to see the rexian woman's reaction to that. "Also be careful in general, you're not in Sanctuary anymore, and you're for the most part on your own. Far be it from me to chastise you or lecture you on anything, lord knows I've messed up on numerous occasions..." Aneda began taking a tally of things she messed up, even using her fingers for a moment before shaking her head and smirking. "It'd take a while to recount all my failings, so instead of that, lets go do that... thing. Signup test assessment thing..." Making Hannah sure Hannah was gonna be alright by herself for a while outside (and totally not in the building at all), Aneda went inside the Warrior's Guild building and decided to simply ask out loud, "Hi theeeere, where can I go and take that assessment test thingamjig?"

Davod couldn't help but smile at Connor's timidness. At least the kid knows his limits. I'm still confused as to why you're going through with this. You baffle me, Davod, you really do... Even the waitress had a hint of worry in her voice when she offered the extra water. But you won't take no for an answer on this I guess? Oh well...

Edited by RainbowKitty

'Okay, so far on the list of people I like in this group. Robin, Raquel, Mage guy, and blue hair dude. List of people I fear for my life around, the lady who's mother taught her to shoot first and not ask questions later.'

"I'll be the first to admit this is probably too simple to work, but why not simply leave town in small groups? We can meet up once everyone is clear and just go to the manse from there. That way there's less need for a distraction, but one still might be useful." Said Zach as he tossed out his rather simple plan.

Veronika

"A simple plan, but probably an effective one. Traveling in a large group is suspicious, small groups probably less so. Though I might suggest to leave the pegasi and wyverns behind- they're rather distinctive and wouldn't help as much indoors anyway," she suggested.

Connor

"That's all for me. You are a very brave man...or maybe you just really like spicy food?" Connor said, turning to Davod.

Org

Oh right I remember hearing about that- that's when we spotted Gabriel and Layla gave us the mission to find him. Wonder what her plans are there anyway... Clara thought to herself, her mind drifting away from the conversation.

Scar guy doesn't seem to trust armor guy...then again he doesn't seem to like anyone other than Sardis. Sardis doesn't seem all that happy about this Cassandra deal either- something to do with the emblem? It'll go in the report Cloe thought to herself, taking mental notes.

"Heh, I suppose we aren't in Sanctuary anymore, huh? I mean, everyone has some quirks, but I don't see you as all that strange, but I don't see anything wrong with how you do things, Aneda." Faatina replied, as the pair eventually got to the Warrior's Guild, and Aneda immediately called out for the practitioners of the test.

Edited by Ether

Meeting

"Guess I'll try to add to that. We all know what ship we came here on, right? There's also the Utka for a backup location. Might as well separate when going out and coming back. They can't pin a manse massacre on two or three people. These guys are 'mercenaries', after all." Reign chimed in. "So, thoughts? Leave in small groups or individually and come back the same way?" Still need something to keep attention off the estate itself, or someone might spot them all gathering there or leaving. Well with the robes, that keeps them from getting identified, at least. Ideally, nobody will find out about this until a day or two after we've left port.

Restaurant

"Alright, then. I'll be back with the four waters in just a minute, and your food should be ready in about fifteen minutes." Neela explained. With that, she was off.

"Hmm. Okay, so what I was thinking of was something that would fit with what I've got now. The sleeves are short, so the arm guards won't be a problem. Hell, ya could probably just attach them to my roiding gloves. I had somethin' a bit more sinister in moind for the greaves, though~" Gabbie began about the armor parts. It seemed like an okay time to randomly bring that up.

Guild

"Hah. Ya just missed Mandy. Head down that hall and you might catch up to her." a random man leaning on the wall advised to Aneda.

Meanwhile, Mandy made her way down said hallway with Bert in tow. They soon reached an intersection that led toward the center of the guild building. Mandy took a left there to begin heading down that way, and the two emerged in a very small scale arena. There were plenty of people about in this area, as well, but most were beating the stuffing out of each other while others stood by and took notes. One particular thing of note was a girl in an outfit almost identical to Mandy's. She appeared to be a yellow feathered fallen and had a bow in her possession. Several targets were lined up on a wall a fair distance away. She was probably practicing ... and doing a lethal job since all of the arrows that had already been shot were fighting for their own space within the bullseye.

"Heeey Taliii~ Want to help me do an evaluation on someone?" Mandy greeted, getting the winged girl's attention.

"No, not really." Tali replied blankly before shooting another arrow. Less space on the bullseye.

Mandy turned back to Bert. "She really hates it here. Okay then, I guess it's just you and me, then." Sound okay?"

Hell

"Sardis. It's just a hunch, but you and I share the same suspicions about Raquel. That suspicion that she might be able to wield the emblem in ways no one else can. This is the best way to find out. If you keep sending people after the pink one, all you'll get back are corpses and cowards. I'm offering you exactly what you wanted. Stop looking for malicious intent and take advantage of it." Burke insisted.

Sardis sighed, and then looked to Jethro for a moment. "What is it?" Jethro asked.

"You'll have to forgive me for this but ... I want to be perfectly certain." Next, Sardis turned back to Burke. "Will she follow my every order?"

"As long as you're not making her dance for you, sure ... ... ... she can't dance ... at all." Burke replied, throwing in a joke that Cassandra barely kept from reacting to.

"I ... no, that's not it. Enough of your jokes. Cassandra. I have an order for you. Are your ready?"

"I am." Cassandra replied immediately with a small nod. What's he going to make me do ...?

"I want you to kill Jethro. If you hold back, I'll destroy you here and now." he explained, taking a very serious tone all of a sudden. Jethro and Alexis looked at Sardis disbelieving what they'd just heard.

Cassandra couldn't move for a moment. Her face went completely blank. ... why? Why is this happening to me? Kill my own father? I wanted to save him and now ... and now ....

"That's your test? She doesn't have Raquel's memories. You're basically asking her to attack some faceless bastard she's never met in her life." Burke argued. Honestly he didn't care if Sardis insisted on this, but he did feel the need to play his own part. He didn't want to look too prepared for what Sardis was doing. Good luck, Cassandra. Either you turn on Jethro, or we have a hilariously large fight on our hands.

With the man's instruction, Faatina grabbed Aneda by the hand and began moving in the direction he had specified.

"Thank you~ C'mon Aneda, let's try and catch up to her!" Faatina said to the other woman with a chipper tone as she headed down the hallway. Not managing to quite catch up to this 'Mandy', Faatina had to instead ask some people floating about as to where Mandy would take them for evaluations, eventually reaching the small arena. It seemed Norbert was already there, and a woman had began to talk to him as the pair entered.

"Oh, Norbert. You beat us here." Faatina remarked, realizing only at this point she was still gripping Aneda's hand, and letting the Pegasus rider go.

"Oh... sorry... uhh... so is this Mandy?" Faatina asked, after a quick apology to Aneda.

As they entered the miniature arena, Norbert's gaze couldn't find a place to rest. Everywhere you looked demonstrations and training was going on. It was spectacular -- nigh paradise, even. Mandy called over to a particularly accurate Avian with a tail. Wait a-- IS THAT A FALLEN?! The exchange between the two was brief and casual and again he was being addressed by Mandy. "Hold on, is that a Fallen?" he asked, a little beyond surprised that one was there.

His question wasn't answered before he was being addressed yet again, this time from behind. He turned around to see who it was, though he already had a pretty good idea of who he'd see. "Uh yeah," he managed, still a bit stunned about the whole Fallen thing. To be honest, he was a little on edge now. The Fallen didn't seem the least bit interested in them but even so it was unsettling having one so nearby idly puncturing hole after hole into the bull's eye. He hadn't been expecting to find one away from Weyland's or Kigen. As he recovered from the initial shock, his hatred for the tailed bird people began a low boil in its place as he recalled the danger they posed to his home and family.

"Thank yoWHOA!" Aneda tripped for a moment before picking up the pace and keeping up with Faatina. Good lord she has a strong grip! That's crazy! And yet... it is to be expected with how fierce she was fighting just the other day... wow. Damn. "Oh heya Norbert, sorry to bother you... You and Mandy I presume? Yeah, sorry to bother ya." Turning to Faatina for a moment, she was about to say something but ended up smiling and shaking her head instead.

"Ha! I'm not brave, kid, I'm not brave at all." Davod announced happily. "But sometimes, really, you just gotta suck it up and take one for the team. I suppose that would be the distinction between bravery and mere stupidity. Where sutpidity is just... being a complete buffoon and accomplishing nothing, at least bravery is done in a semi... oh what's the word I'm looking for... Altruistic! Done in a semi altruistic way! You can count on teh brave ones to do the unthinkable sometimes, to do what others are afraid to do, not because they don't know any better, but simply because it needs to be done. Man, I wish I could be brave, but that's a bit selfish of me at this point I'd think. Anyway, sorry to interrupt, Miss, just wanted to address that..." In as awkward a way as possible... "Yeah I know."

<So we aren't taking the mounts after all.> John thought. <Smaller groups would certainly be less noticeable, but it wouldn't help if we're still seen all entering and leaving the manse, even more so getting actually caught while heading back, hence a distraction would also be a good idea as well. However, there is also another problem...>

''I'd say it's not a bad idea,'' John spoke up. ''Especially with the cloaks and having a distraction elsewhere. Although,'' at this he turned to face Zach. ''What are the chances the cult would try to ask for help to either the organization or the authorities during the middle of battle?''

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Connor

"So, it's bravery when you help someone, but just stupid if it doesn't help anyone? Interesting," he said, before turning to Gabbie and listening to her armor modifications.

"Ooh are you going to add spikes to your greaves? Spiked armor has become a really popular style in recent years, both for aesthetic and practical reasons," he said, mentally noting the the changes to her arm guards.

Nadya

Nadya left Luca outside the warrior's guild for a bit with some familiar looking mounts before stepping in herself. Following her fellow group members led her to see a winged woman and someone else. The name 'Mandy' seemed to be thrown a lot, she figured that was one of them. She waited patiently for the moment, her pondering on the group's strengths and weaknesses had made her fall a bit behind the others apparently.

Clara and Cloe

Clara looked from Sardis to Cassandra to the man apparently called Jethro with confusion. "Umm why are we killing our own-" her question was interrupted by another elbow to the ribs from Cloe.

"Questions can be saved for later, best not to interfere now," Cloe whispered harshly. I remember from the file that Raquel's father is named Jethro- Sardis wants this artificial version to kill her own father? Why'd they even bother capturing him then, wouldn't using him as bait or a hostage be more effective? Maybe Layla's on to something about this incompetence thing...

Edited by -Cynthia-

"Null" Said Zach responding to the so far silent man's question "The Organization has no large bases around this area, that's pretty much what we were for." Thinking for a moment he continued "As for the authorities, nobody will really be able to escape us if we attack quick enough. Anybody that runs away is going to be leaving themselves open to be killed anyways, and my lightning is fairly accurate if I may say so."