Do you hate Smogon?

Galenforcer

I never understood how so many people hate Smogon. It has a variety of resources, strategies, etc. and I know I'm not the only one who refers to it often.

People dislike it because they're against the "standard" Smogon sets, tiering and such. I could compare the hate to Smogon to the hate for tiers and efficiency and low-turns some people have with this site's tiering.

I never understood how so many people hate Smogon. It has a variety of resources, strategies, etc. and I know I'm not the only one who refers to it often.

People dislike it because they're against the "standard" Smogon sets, tiering and such. I could compare the hate to Smogon to the hate for tiers and efficiency and low-turns some people have with this site's tiering.

Or maybe they hate the non-resource parts for more rational reasons, as I explained above.

Also hate for LTC is perfectly legitimate.

Or maybe they hate the non-resource parts for more rational reasons, as I explained above.

Also hate for LTC is perfectly legitimate.

People have been hating Smogon far longer than 5th gen. Hell, I don't even play 5th gen, I'm speaking from a 4th gen perspective.

I'm sure people hate LTC for what it is, but LTC is seen with an attitude here as the "standard" or "best way" to play. Likewise, Smogon's rules are seen as the standard, and many disagree with that.

I can never hate Smogon. Organizing those tiers is not easy and they better than anyone else I've seen. Whenever they ban something, people rage but in the long run, it turns out they were right all along.

The people who hate smogon are the people are the same people who disparage Fire Emblem debating. It's a metagame, and though its not for everyone that doesn't make it any less valuable for those who are involved in it. For my part, I have a passing interest in ingame pokemon tier lists (mostly rby and gsc) and that's about it. But I understand what the competitive battlers are trying to do and I respect it.

In fact I'm pretty sure there's a lot of overlap in the Fire Emblem and Pokemon community, as this thread is demonstrating.