Overall Roles of Children?

So after reading all these topics on skill inheritance, optimal pairings, etc, I read the biggest thing to keep in mind when doing this was to have in mind what role you wanted the children to play. So I'm making this thread to find out what the general consensus is on what each kid should be doing/inheiriting or what the viable/unviable paths are for them based on everything.

In my first playthrough I had ChromxSully, CordeliaxGaius, SumiaxFrederick, PannexGregor, AvatarxMiriel, MaribellexKellam, CherchexVirion, TharjaxLon'qu, NowixHenry, OliviaxLibra, and LissaxDonnel. The pairings were mostly on whims with no major plans on skills or class sets.

For the most part I just threw the kids into whatever class that felt good for them, Lucina was a Paladin then to Great Lord once she got Aegis. Kjelle was an archer because I felt it'd be better than any of the others before settling into General with little to show for it. Severa has been kept a hero since I liked the idea of female axe users and it felt pretty solid since she inherited Galeforce. Cynthia is only recently getting grinded up to Galeforce since her parents were so neglected she depends on Luna and dual attacks for damage and thus experience. Yarne has just been a beast and picked up Despoil, Berserker skills, and then changing to Hero for Sol to make up for his lack of defenses with huge life gains.

Morgan and Laurent are both planned to pick up Ignis with Laurent settling into Dark Knight and Morgan likely going back to Dark Flier again once she has Ignis. Brady I wanted as Sage since I wanted at least one of those useable since both Lissa and Maribelle were neglected but even with Kellam as a dad he underwhelms me. Gerome is just kind of there, learning Bowbreaker before going back to a wyvern calss. Noire is just kind of a Bow Knight with Lethality since she's another just there kid. Nah became a Valkyrie since I kinda didn't want to move her to any of the other classes she had available. Inigo is mostly a support dialog getter since despite both of his parents being highly used, he ended up getting TONs of HP+1 other stat level ups. Owain is just now my broken Swordsmaster who has over 50-ish Luck, Armsthrift and a Leif's Blade to play with.

Overall. I'm happy with most of them except Noire, Brady, Inigo, Cynthia, and Gerome. I only use Brady in any real capacity as Lucina's husband and pair up. The rest I don't think I take in any serious plays since a bunch of others outpace Noire is usefulness, Inigo and Cynthia are too weak, and Gerome is outclassed by Panne atm. Maybe these'll change with DLC but I want to know how to plan them better if not for this play, then in my next one.

My Lucina's a great Paladin, but this is also pretty fucking awesome:

gDWI8Q9.png

D0OekER.png

I think she'll make a great Sorcerer or Dark Flier. I haven't really used any of the children besides my own yet, though.I just have Lucina and Morgan fight paired up because they make a really mean brother-sister team and because Lucina's potential suitors are all nuts sad.gif

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

I use the kids generally to fight and kill things with the exception of Cynthia, who I use to fight and kill everything.

My only set role is Lucina tends to end up Archer/Bow Knight for whatever reason.

My Lucina's a great Paladin, but this is also pretty fucking awesome:

gDWI8Q9.png

Is that Grandmaster Lucina? Damn, now I really want to do another save file and make her my little girl.

For my current file, the only child that I've locked into a role is Inigo, who has capped out his Luck (and combined with Rightful King), and gets infinite legendary sword use. Granted, I could change him to another class and retain the same thing, but I like the whole "Ragnell/Brave Sword/Sol/Armor Killer your face" thing.

In my first playthrough, Chrom married a silly Maiden. Lucina barely had any role in a battle, she was just there to get support conversations with Chrom. I did get her Luna and Support Guard+ though.

My Avatar married Cordelia and Morgan became an offensive healing rally-master Trickster with Galeforce and Ignis. Severa became an Assassin with Lethality and Armsthrift.

Libra married Olivia and Inigo inherited Olivia's Luck+4 and I got him to become a Bow Knight with legendary weapons because he can never wear out a weapon's durability from his 50 Luck and Armsthrift. I made him get Sol just in case his 90% Avo ever failed.

Owain became the Paladin/Swordmaster hybrid with Astra, Aegis, and Vantage. Also with Miracle and Avo+10.

I neglected the others though. I promoted Laurent, Brady, Cynthia, Noire, Kjelle, Nah, Gerome once before completely forgetting about them. I might do something with Gerome and Nah though.

Inigo is my spamhammer. He usually ends up with Galeforce. So hes the guy going around spamming shit. When Donnel was his daddy, Aptitude made Inigo really Montoya.

Cynthia is my airship of DEATH! Galeforced and usually Aether'd.

Owain's sword hand twitches so he gets loaded with all sorts of offensive skills. Hes gonna get some magic offensive ones so he can rock shit as a Dark Knight. (Virion as a DK as a poppa)

Kjelle likes to Swordie it up. I put some Aegis on her for extra fun.

Nah is awesome regardless of what i do....She provides nice backup.

Gerome is my goddamn Batman, so hes usually rocking some Lethality.

Brady usually tends to be Magic Spammer. (with extra Galeforce action!)

Laurent is gonna be a tank this latest run with Lifetaker and Aptitude.

Yarne chills as a support partner so he doesnt get much.

Severa rots on the bench most of the time.

Lucina gets Aether anyway and shes usually awesome no matter what.

Edited by Virion

out of all my kid characters Owain and Loraunt always ended up terrible

Inigo, Nah, Morgan, Gerome, Lucina, Brady, and Cynthia always end up with max stats and I just don't use Severa and Yarne(might pick up Severa but never Yarne)

Edited by melossage

I never see Owain or Nah because I've never paired Lissa or Nowi with anyone.

In my current Hard Mode file, I've finished training Laurent, who'll be a sage like his mother, and he inherited Astra from his father Lon'Qu, which I think is rather neat. Wondering if I should reclass him to Sorcerer or not; no need to make him a Dark Knight, he already has Lifetaker from Miriel.

My kid Morgan is already a total beast. Unlike my last game, instead of leaving him a mage like his father I turned him into Tactician -> Grandm,aster for a change of pace, and with Ignis he is a little beast, I love it! I didn't like making Ricken a Dark Knight, but at least it allowed him to pass Lifetaker to Morgan. Yay Lifetaker, I guess?

I'm working on the other kids...slowly.

Severa rots on the bench most of the time.

Why would you ever do anything so horrible? While being an absolutely crappy character, she is a speed/skill tank.

Anyway, on my current playthrough, this is how it goes.

Sully!Lucina: Great Lord. Mother of Morgan. Keeps MU from falling behind the pack.

Sully!Lucina!Morgan: Assassin. The anchor. She is who I send in when I just want to get it done. Maxed out speed and skill at 54. Officially holds the record for fastest boss kill (Walhart, Chapter 19, One turn)

Lon'qu!Gerome: Wyvern Lord. Morgan's carrier and loyal husband. Can hold his own because Morgan gives him ALL THE SPEED AND ATTACK.

Henry!Laurent: Sorcerer. The only way he will die is if he gets one shot'd due to his abuse of Nosferatu. The magical tank of the group. Paired with Cynthia to boost her healing capabilities.

Frederick!Cynthia: Falcon Knight. Transports Laurent and acts as the mobile healer of the group.

Vaike!Severa: Hero. The fastest powerhouse of the group. Paired with Inigo to boost his defense.

Virion!Inigo: Dread Fighter. I already had a great hero with Severa, Donny, and MU, so I decided I needed more magic. Boots Severa's speed and helps remove pesky generals.

Kellam!Owain: Swordmaster. He is fast. He has been relegated to supporting Nah because she has low speed.

Donnel!Nah: Dark Pegasus. She has armsthrift and a fifty luck stat. She is getting Luna once her lance rank gets to A. My mobile magic killing machine.

Ricken!Brady: Sage. Acts as the primary healer and alt. magic tank. Paired with Kjelle to boost his defense and movement.

Chrom!Kjelle: Great Knight. Brady's personal guard. Paired with Brady to increase her resistance.

Gaius!Noire and Stahl!Yarne are currently being prepared.

D0OekER.png

I think she'll make a great Sorcerer or Dark Flier. I haven't really used any of the children besides my own yet, though.I just have Lucina and Morgan fight paired up because they make a really mean brother-sister team and because Lucina's potential suitors are all nuts sad.gif

Holy shit. Is your Cynthia awesome because of her parent's stats or grinding?

Gerome/InigoxLucina is pretty cute. >_>

Well I'm glad to see theres a few different choices on how people develop their kids. I was worried when making this thread it would end up with people going "DONNEL!OWAIN, APTITUDE ONLY, SWORDSMASTER WITH AEGIS!" with only cookie cutter builds. I'm glad to see its not the case and that its no big deal that as long you have a general idea it'll be alright.

Well Aptitude!Owain is a thing of beauty....

Since i like to keep Owain as a sword user, i usually make him a Swordie. But i think its time to experiment with him. (hes gonna have DK Virion and Sage Lissa as parents.)

Why would you ever do anything so horrible? While being an absolutely crappy character, she is a speed/skill tank.

Severa's battle quotes make me rage. Whiny little [insert very unkind word here] My hard mode run had a decent Severa with Galeforce. But once i got her S support with Yarne, i kinda benched her because everyone else was better.

Noire, this run is Avatar/Tharja baby. Shes gonna be all sorts of amazing. I might just reclass her to Pegknight/Dark Flier. :B

I like experimenting.

Well Aptitude!Owain is a thing of beauty....

Since i like to keep Owain as a sword user, i usually make him a Swordie. But i think its time to experiment with him. (hes gonna have DK Virion and Sage Lissa as parents.)

Severa's battle quotes make me rage. Whiny little [insert very unkind word here] My hard mode run had a decent Severa with Galeforce. But once i got her S support with Yarne, i kinda benched her because everyone else was better.

Noire, this run is Avatar/Tharja baby. Shes gonna be all sorts of amazing. I might just reclass her to Pegknight/Dark Flier. :B

I like experimenting.

Bahahaha. I did the same my first playthrough. Noire was a tactician and Morgan was a Dark Mage. I referred to them as "The Family" because I would move them as a group.

Also, like I said, Severa is a shite character, but as a unit, give her one more try. Even if you need to make Donnel her father.

Holy shit. Is your Cynthia awesome because of her parent's stats or grinding?

Gerome/InigoxLucina is pretty cute. >_>

Portrait shows her as red, so that's her pre-recruit, thus it has to be parents' stats.

I find Inigo extremely useful as a bowman, whether he gets the Archer/Sniper tree from Chrom or Virion or just straight promotes into a Bow Knight. I like passing down Astra and/or Galeforce. Though grinding Olivia makes me want to commit suicide

I find Inigo extremely useful as a bowman, whether he gets the Archer/Sniper tree from Chrom or Virion or just straight promotes into a Bow Knight. I like passing down Astra and/or Galeforce. Though grinding Olivia makes me want to commit suicide

Grinding Maribelle was suicude. She is awful as a Pegaknight

Grinding Maribelle was suicude. She is awful as a Pegaknight

Personally, I don't know how the people who go out of their way to grind Lissa, Maribelle, and Olivia to getting Galeforce so they can pass it down to their sons have the sanity to endure it (ESPECIALLY in the case of Olivia).

I had pretty good luck with Olivia (granted I've only played Hard mode), and Maribelle was far harder to grind than Olivia. Olivia at least dodge tanks pretty well. Maribelle has umm...

Lissa I reclassed straight from Sage to Dark Flier, to capitalize on her Tomes. She already has ridiculous Mag so she faired pretty fine

Edited by Elieson

I had pretty good luck with Olivia (granted I've only played Hard mode), and Maribelle was far harder to grind than Olivia. Olivia at least dodge tanks pretty well. Maribelle has umm...

Lissa I reclassed straight from Sage to Dark Flier, to capitalize on her Tomes. She already has ridiculous Mag so she faired pretty fine

Errr, I wouldn't exactly expect Olivia to have anything resembling decent offense...

Errr, I wouldn't exactly expect Olivia to have anything resembling decent offense...

She can have passible to decent offense if reclassed. (i reclassed her to myrm and she did alright there.) But she benefits the most with a pair up partner in that respect.

Pairing them with a berserker or a general (to have higher offense or defense) can get them to improve their lance rank to be able to use the shockstick. However, after they promote they should stick to tomes and wreck havoc with them.