Dark Falcon/Dread Knight

manaciel

I'll keep this brief -- what are some good units that utilise the Dark Falcon/Dread Knight scrolls well?

I'm not looking for a 'everyone can use it' answer, I'm looking for a 'who benefits best from the scrolls' and would become more active on the fighting roster.

I've heard Odin is a good candidate for Dark Falcon as he's pretty much useless as a mage.

Edited by manaciel

I personally really like Arthur as a Dread Fighter.

I can't say anything about the Dark Falcon because I haven't reclassed anyone to Dark Falcon.

I think Arthur uses the Dreadfighter scroll really well, you get an early goddess icon for his luck too.

I heard Selena makes a fairly good DF? Don't quote me on that.

Edited by Jedi

Yeah, Selena is fantastic as a Dread Fighter, and it can really help Mozu get off the ground. Azama is great with it too.

For Dark Falcons, pretty much any mage would appreciate it, but it's not as good as Dread Fighter for making decent units great

I've heard Odin is a good candidate for Dark Falcon as he's pretty much useless as a mage.

people need to stfu about this. Odin is a great mage!

The people that say he's bad need to stop playing on Ez Casual :)

The people that say he's bad need to stop playing on Ez Casual :)

Lmao I play Hard/Classic Conquest and while there are no 'true' bad units, I just personally think Nyx/Leo are better mages than Odin. :P

Each to their own.

Edited by manaciel

Odin is just as bad on Hard Classic. Can't say for Lunatic.

He's not terrible and he plays a role until about chapter 10 or so, but there is just no reason to use him once you have the much better options of Leo, Felicia w/Flame Shuriken, promoted Elise, and +Magic Corrin for your magic damage options. Even then Nyx is a better choice.

Odin has growths that emphasize his Str rather than Magic, I think he is meant to be promoted to Dark Knight or reclassed to Samurai.

I had a lot of fun with Dark Flier Saizo, considering none of Hoshido's native mages really appeal to me as units. Also considering Hoshido has 3 ninjas and he's the one who can actually function as something else

Edited by Thor Odinson

Odin is just as bad on Hard Classic. Can't say for Lunatic.

He's not terrible and he plays a role until about chapter 10 or so, but there is just no reason to use him once you have the much better options of Leo, Felicia w/Flame Shuriken, promoted Elise, and +Magic Corrin for your magic damage options. Even then Nyx is a better choice.

Odin has growths that emphasize his Str rather than Magic, I think he is meant to be promoted to Dark Knight or reclassed to Samurai.

Dark Knight Odin will still want to use magic because resistance is the lower defensive stat.

I'd argue his combat is comparable to Felicia's because he can take hits better, but Felicia is not about combat at all.

Dark Knight Odin will still want to use magic because resistance is the lower defensive stat.

I'd argue his combat is comparable to Felicia's because he can take hits better, but Felicia is not about combat at all.

Fair enough, Felicia's combat utility is in her good Magic and Speed. She should never be fighting anyone that does physical damage and can hit her back; she excels at destroying low-res enemies that you wouldn't want to send a physical unit after. As a note she also does make a pretty good Res tank though.

Odin can survive a hit but he really doesn't do enough damage in retaliation to make it worthwhile putting him in range anyway. (With his base stats that is. Conquest does feed you enough Spirit Drops to make it workable)

Effie and Kagero make really good dread fighters. Effie is a good one to reclass to a dread fighter straight after Conquest ch 7, as the speed and res boost along with dagger access allow her to take out the mages in ch 8 without being almost instantly killed back.

Based on the talk I've seen about those two classes, it's not that "character X makes a good Dark Falcon/Dread Fighter", it's more like "Dark Falcon/Dread Fighter makes character X good". I don't think I've seen a lot topics about fixing a character where these classes weren't suggested as instant fix...