Touhou Fantasy, Xenomic's RPG Maker game!

Xenomic

No, it's not a shop issue. It's an issue with well...what you see above. Basically, as it stands, the shop itself is going to be providing all of the data for the game that you wouldn't see normally due to limitations in the engine. So for instance, say you wanted to know more about what Reimu is capable of or weak to, you'd go to the shop and check her appropriate book for the data on her. Originally, the Perfect Memento item was to do this, but I don't know how to make this work properly for this...

I also need help making said sheets as above. I don't have a good way of handling them at all. >_<

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I want all the data to be at Suzunaan so no, it can't be at multiple shops.

As for the sheet, I'm not sure on how it SHOULD be handled., The way it is right now up above seems alright for the most part, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't have element/status icons as well to represent each element/status, and I still haven't gotten around to setting up anything for the abilities section for characters. And that's not including all the other data missing...

If you can't make the item work, then just use the shop as a base to look at the weaknesses ect. And you should limit what data is shown, so when you get a character, it'll show those weaknesses every time you do something to progress.

And adding the symbols should help the player see what it is. You don't see things in FE without a symbol. Or any game for that matter

Well, that's what I was going to do with the shop if I couldn't get the item to work (and thus, the item would work as a warp to said shop whenever used).

Aye. This may be even more important if I ever get status icons working properly for characters too. >_>;;

Newest update patch for Touhou Fantasy is here after 5 months of no patches! Here's what's new!

*All beta1 dungeons have been completely revamped, with the exception of the Human Village. In addition, some beta2-4 dungeons have been changed as well. These are as follows:

**Kourindou: Map has been severely overhauled.
**Hakurei Shrine Map has been severely overhauled and reduced in size.
**Misty Lake: Map has been severely overhauled. Now introduces various elements to the game that the player must pay attention to in the environment, such as where to cross over hidden areas or to jump over rocks.
**Scarlet Devil Mansion: Map has been severely overhauled. Many new rooms added, many new items, a sidequest (after getting Marisa back), and much smaller maps.
**Bamboo Forest: Map overhauled and now only 2 screens big. No more instant death pitfalls or sign mazes.
**Eientei: Map completely overhauled. All of the old aspects of Eientei bar the trap door segment has been completely changed. No more instant death pits, instant death bombs, quizzes, or door mazes.
**Winter Forest: Map has been overhauled.
**Hakugyokurou: The garden has been resized and overhauled.
**Poltergeist Mansion: Maps have been overhauled bar the basement areas.
**Forest of Magic: Map has been slightly overhauled.
**Remains of Hell: Maps have been overhauled bar Ancient City, Blazing Fires of Hell, and Chireiden.
**Road of Reconsideration: Map completely revamped, and now a hidden treasure added. In addition, once the player has finished Road of Reconsideration at least once, they can skip the dungeon straight to Court of Hell.

*Many bugfixes have been done. Whether or not HRCS/party swap will be buggy is left unknown at the current time (one of the few things I haven't gotten around to testing, so if you find that you cannot add/remove party members properly, do let me know so I can fix it immediately).

Version 1.119: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hxhtc5k9pez572l/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.119.rar

Zzzz....apparently there were a couple bad teleport events that I had to fix, and had to fix up Eientei's final door so that you had to have all 5 keys to enter (hopefully I didn't screw that up).

Map Fix Patch for 1.119: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fpbwhjs3cqpr024/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

Do let me know if there are any other errors...

There, done. I forgot to do that in all of the topics for some reason, but don't expect that patch to stay there forever of course, since never update patch should have that fixed in it~

Alright, so I need help figuring out what to do with the following:

1) Double EXP: Well, technically I can make the EXP rate any value I want form 0% to whatever %. So here's the question: If put into the game, should it be an effect of an ability (and by who)? Or should it be someone's battle passive? Or equipment exclusive?

2) Double Item Drop: Same dealio here as with Double EXP, can make the item drop any amount I want. Again, ability or character battle passive?

3) Sell-High: Enables the party to sell items at a lower/higher price. Again, adjustable like the others. Overworld passive for who?? Or equipment ability exclusive?

4) Haggle: Enables the party to buy items at lower/higher prices. Same dealio as before.

So that's the main thing right now in terms of abilities. In addition, I am HEAVILY thinking of making Marisa's and Yuuka's Master Sparks (as well as Marisa's Dragon Meteor, Final Spark, and Harvest Master Spark) be AoE. Yes...that would mean they'd get buffed considerably alone from that. Not sure on that though...so there's everything thus far that I need to figure out. Yes yes, don't worry...beta5 will happen someday. Ironing out the current beta is kinda important too! I am heavily thinking of redoing Eientei's 2nd visit right now, but it's not imperative at the current time. Same with Human Village and Chireiden, but all three will eventually be revamped.

Now the question here! Should I revamp the other dungeons/areas that could use them? Or should I continue work on beta5??

Characters missing battle passives:[/iT]

Yumemi
Suwako
Keine
Alice

Characters missing overworld passives:

Aya (Sight is queued but not implemented)
Momiji (Awareness is queued but not implemented)
Youmu (Vantage is queued but not implemented)
Advent Cirno
Byakuren
Hope
Remilia
Meiling
Keine
Utsuho
Koishi
Nue
Rinnosuke

Alright, so I need help figuring out what to do with the following:

1) Double EXP: Well, technically I can make the EXP rate any value I want form 0% to whatever %. So here's the question: If put into the game, should it be an effect of an ability (and by who)? Or should it be someone's battle passive? Or equipment exclusive?

2) Double Item Drop: Same dealio here as with Double EXP, can make the item drop any amount I want. Again, ability or character battle passive?

3) Sell-High: Enables the party to sell items at a lower/higher price. Again, adjustable like the others. Overworld passive for who?? Or equipment ability exclusive?

4) Haggle: Enables the party to buy items at lower/higher prices. Same dealio as before.

For Double EXP, it should be double by item for a certain amount of time, or by battle, I've seen games where they put it as an item and you equip it, and you lose money from it.

Double Item drop is simple, just put it on enemies that are harder and more rare to find.

Sell High I shouldn't worry about. Same with Haggle unless you really are worried about it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2251o0vw8dercy2/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

Twould appear that there were a looooooooooot of errors in teleport events in SDM. Several were left over coding from when the fairy maids used switches to go away and come back (solved by simply using Erase Event), and me never removing the second pages from teleport events, thus causing some issues. In addition to that, Remilia's Room never went to Remilia's Room and instead went to the hidden room (which you can't even get into Remilia's Room until after getting Marisa back) and you couldn't even access the second floor back hallway at all due to no teleport events. In addition, Flandre's Room couldn't be accessed by touching the door with the key...you had to use the Action button to interact with it (now fixed). Just a big mess and I don't know how it happened...probably working on it late at night or something. *Sigh*

Do let me know if there's any other events that don't work right.

At this point, just no words. I somehow overlooked one event, ONE EVENT, that teleports you into a wall in SDM. It was a teleport event, but it was part of a script with dialogue, which I previously checked in SDM in ALL other areas I suppose. *Sigh* I'm really sorry about all of these constant posting guys, I really am...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7dz82qphvb9s5c/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.119.rar

EDIT - Changed the link to include the map fix patch with the full game due to forgetting to include the dynloader.dll with the game. Gods...I frustrate myself so much...

Edited by Xenomic

Quite some time ago, I was doing some Character Analysis on characters in order of appearance (Reimu, Marisa, and Cirno were the only ones to ever get these done for them). I am quite curious if you guys would be interested in me redoing that and posting my thoughts on each character?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/86hlolz7snq5mvv/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

Slight fix patch for the maps. Eientei's 2nd visit had a tile error, so I changed the mapping layout so that it works. I'll eventually change the entire segment to be different, but for now this should suffice.

EDIT - Updated the link. I somehow had a feeling that one of the rooms was still using the same tiles as the last, and it was, so all I did was change the passabilities on said tiles. Again, will change the maps later...

Edited by Xenomic

5ff6919c44130127832e10cba04a96d6.png

Map here is to basically say what is what (the water by the entrance is a full heal spring,the dark green grass inflicts Poison status to the party, the red plants inflict something I haven't decided on yet, the brambles inflict something, and the blue flowers inflict something). This is the very first area of the Valley of Corpses dungeon (I know! I'm working on a beta5 dungeon! GASP!) and well...it's supposed to be a valley. I wanted to use a different tileset than the Youkai Mountain tileset (which is also shared by the Forest of Magic I do believe as well as Eastern Forest), so I looked around and found this one which feels more swamp-like but...I think it works well! And of course, there's going to be caves. There's ALWAYS caves in this freaking game ehehe...

For reference, the gimmick of this dungeon is that the player cannot use the Item command in-battle (I'd remove all of the items themselves but...that's a lot to keep track of...), while the subgimmick is that there's status tiles in the dungeon. This dungeon is basically to get more use out of status-healing abilities as well as the MP Regen status (which is going to go to 5% instead of 1% recovery per turn in-battle), and to get more mileage out of a couple characters that people may or may not be using at this point in the game.