Classes that need a buff/nerf?

Paper Dragon

So, we all know that there are a couple of classes that need to be changed one way or another.

Just write a few down and how you'd change the class whether its a few stat changes here and there or a new skill to replace a useless one.

I'm curious on how you'd fix the classes you think are broken or underpowered.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Tactician class? Although to be honest, that was just in FEA and the only reason was because you'd get access to basically every other class. Umm... I guess for underpowered classes, I might say the Falcon Knight since I don't really see a use in the staves option cause I have other healers like Natasha, Lissa and Maribelle although that's just my opinion, so all you're left with is a spear and a few skills. Maybe have another weapon for the FK, like a sword? This could just all be me though.

Maybe the Tactician class? Although to be honest, that was just in FEA and the only reason was because you'd get access to basically every other class. Umm... I guess for underpowered classes, I might say the Falcon Knight since I don't really see a use in the staves option cause I have other healers like Natasha, Lissa and Maribelle although that's just my opinion, so all you're left with is a spear and a few skills. Maybe have another weapon for the FK, like a sword? This could just all be me though.

8 move ignoring terrain is pretty big for a staffer, if you ask me...

Falcoknight needing a buff? What world are you living in, Gensokyo? Weight being gone means they don't need swords so much anymore... Staves are actually good for them without weight.

Buff Bow Kights. Give Sniper something less stupid than Hit +20. Replace War Cleric/Monk with Bishop.

Falcoknight needing a buff? What world are you living in, Gensokyo? Weight being gone means they don't need swords so much anymore... Staves are actually good for them without weight.

Buff Bow Kights. Give Sniper something less stupid than Hit +20. Replace War Cleric/Monk with Bishop.

Eh. It's probably just me to be honest.(Ooo, Touhou reference. I hope.)

I completely agree with the Hit +20 for the Sniper. I would reclass a character just to get a skill better then that. Bow Knights seem fine to me though. What specifically is the flaw in them?

Griffon Rider. I mean I don't know why anyone would promote to this over Wyvern Lord, so maybe they should just scrap it instead of buff.

Skills, maybe? I'm not exactly fond of Quick Burn, and Swordbreaker is pretty unimpressive relative to most other breakers. Nor do I like the Wyvern Lord's sub-40 speed cap.

I would've said this earlier, but Snipers need a buff - in Awakening, not unlike most every other FE title that wasn't Shadow Dragon or its sequel, they didn't have much going for them. I mean, aside from longbows, there's nothing a sniper can't do that another bow class can't do better.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Eh. It's probably just me to be honest.(Ooo, Touhou reference. I hope.)

I completely agree with the Hit +20 for the Sniper. I would reclass a character just to get a skill better then that. Bow Knights seem fine to me though. What specifically is the flaw in them?

Bow Knight has the second lowest Cap total of all classes, after Great Knight (which is due to weird Mgc cap). Their weapon selection means that for e phase, they can't have both ranged and up close combat without Ragnell (because lol Levin Swords)

Oh yeah, Buff Swordmasters too. Give back Crit +30 from FE6 or something.

Yes, it's a Touhou reference. It was a joke about Sanae's line in Subterranean Animism Extra "You can't let yourself be held back by common sense in Gensokyo, right?"

...That's also my favorite stage so...

Bow Knight has the second lowest Cap total of all classes, after Great Knight (which is due to weird Mgc cap). Their weapon selection means that for e phase, they can't have both ranged and up close combat without Ragnell (because lol Levin Swords)

Oh yeah, Buff Swordmasters too. Give back Crit +30 from FE6 or something.

Yes, it's a Touhou reference. It was a joke about Sanae's line in Subterranean Animism Extra "You can't let yourself be held back by common sense in Gensokyo, right?"

...That's also my favorite stage so...

(Yay! *Internet high-five*)

Swordmasters could use a buff but I think the Great Knight class needs a buff since, as you said, the don't have the highest caps ever. -sniff- Oh Frederick... how awesome you were at the beginning...

I think a debuff for the Assassin wouldn't be bad. They have amazing Skill and Speed including the support bonuses they can get as well as access to Lethality.(Lethality does have a low activation rate though...)

Edited by DualMix

^I never saw Assassins as all that great, personally... Not a class I'd go for on the skill front. Granted, skills aren't everything, but still... if a class doesn't have desirable skills, my chances of actually promoting into said class drop faster than a Shedinja team that ran afoul of Stealth Rock or Spikes.

Edited by Levant Caprice

This is more of a general skill overhaul than something class specific but any skill that passively increases stats under very specific conditions should be changed. The mage's Focus skill, for example is borderline useless. Skills should define how a class is intended to be used, such as the Dark Mage and Sorcerer being a front-line magic user.

For some class specific changes, Snipers, Swordmasters and Berserkers should innately have higher critical hit rates and some more commonly acquired unique weapons.

This is more of a general skill overhaul than something class specific but any skill that passively increases stats under very specific conditions should be changed. The mage's Focus skill, for example is borderline useless. Skills should define how a class is intended to be used, such as the Dark Mage and Sorcerer being a front-line magic user.

For some class specific changes, Snipers, Swordmasters and Berserkers should innately have higher critical hit rates and some more commonly acquired unique weapons.

Agreed - I generally saw the isolation skills aside from Relief to be useless.

Marksmen are gods in FE10.

Yeah but other then that.... eh. Archers can only use bows which is obvious but.... they need help. There are better classes that use bows. And if the Marksmen class comes back, that may be just what they need. Or a better skill.

Yeah but other then that.... eh. Archers can only use bows which is obvious but.... they need help. There are better classes that use bows. And if the Marksmen class comes back, that may be just what they need. Or a better skill.

Bringing back crossbows could help archers. They still need to up their defense early on too so they can trade efficiently...

Anyways, I'm surprised no one immediatly pointed out dark mages/sorcerers. Well, if they just nerf Nosferatu, that might be enough.

Buff Sorcs and nerf Sages. The staff users having the highest Magic cap in the entire game was weird, as opposed to the GBA games where only three characters who are playable across the three games have a Magic cap that is literally one point above the Druid's

Buff Sorcs and nerf Sages. The staff users having the highest Magic cap in the entire game was weird, as opposed to the GBA games where only three characters who are playable across the three games have a Magic cap that is literally one point above the Druid's

I'm surprised that you want Sorcerers buffed...

Bringing back crossbows could help archers. They still need to up their defense early on too so they can trade efficiently...

Maybe, but on the other hand, that might not be enough... Crossbows did them a fat lot of good in Radiant Dawn, after all.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I think the only buff for Sorcerers I'd like to see is their HP. Other then that, Sorcerers have access to dark magic which has Nosferatu and Ruin. I dunno... seems a bit weird to buff them. I guess I can see where you're coming from with the Sages though.

Give all classes a mount and Axes.

And I guess allow Archers to actually retaliate if attacked close range with a sword or some shit I dunno.

I can imagine it now.... A horse riding manakete.

Okay, to be serious that would be a bit much. Having everyone get a mount as an option is one thing but everyone get's access to axes? Jesus.

Archers, Archers and need I say it? ARCHERS

IS has done them correctly a total of 3 times in 13 games, and that was fe2, fe6 and fe12.

Why not Shadow Dragon (you gotta admit, it was nicer to archers than most other FEs were...)?