FE9 tourney sign-up

Vykan12

Perhaps, I can see a flaw with it though.

Personally, i believe that you two should get new opponents for it unless vykan, you and ragefox are happy with said debates.

I don't see the flaw...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the flaw...

If you don't see the flaw, then you don't see the positive.

I hope i don't sound like I'm trying to run the debate, I just don't feel comfortable with this match-up.

Edit: Whatever, let's do it.

Edited by kirsche

If you don't see the flaw, then you don't see the positive.

I hope i don't sound like I'm trying to run the debate, I just don't feel comfortable with this match-up.

Any outside opinion on the matter is welcome.

Well there you go,since you seem to be implying it's a positive for me,and I don;t know what it is,then it doesn't really effect much.Red fox said herself she wasn't all that familiar with FE9,so if it's in Neph's favour,she probably wouldn't take advantage of it either.And as Tino said,it's still probably better than the other possible matchups.

(LOL Mia vs. Mia)

So I guess we're all ready to rumble?

EDIT: By the way, I figured a sub-forum for the PoR forum wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Tino

So Ether (Ilyana) vs Red Fox (Nephenee) has been agreed upon?

EDIT: By the way, I figured a sub-forum for the PoR forum wouldn't hurt.

3 rounds of swiss + 2 semis + 1 final = 18 total match-ups, so a sub-forum wouldn't be a bad idea.

Edited by Vykan12

First person listed opens. Like many other things, I based that on the sign-up order. That later you sign-up, the more likely you're opening.

First person listed opens. Like many other things, I based that on the sign-up order. That later you sign-up, the more likely you're opening.

...Uh....crap. Don't kill me, I didn't know that.

You want me to just delete that or can I leave it up? i'm fine with either

Do you want me to just delete that or can I leave it up?

Leave it up. I don't particularly envy people who went to the effort of writing a debate post just for it to be rejected over some stupid technicality.

It does kind of suck since I had an opener written before the tournament officially started. Oh well.

Best of luck everyone.

EDIT: By the way, who are actually going to judge this? And how will judging work? I mean, we should probably have 3-5 judges with two alternative judges or something. Or do the normal debate judges simply judge?

Edited by Tino

First three rounds are swiss style (link to its explanation is somewhere earlier in this thread). Then the top four advance to semi-finals, where the two finalists will be decided.

It does kind of suck since I had an opener written before the tournament officially started. Oh well.

Best of luck everyone.

EDIT: By the way, who are actually going to judge this? And how will judging work? I mean, we should probably have 3-5 judges with two alternative judges or something. Or do the normal debate judges simply judge?

I'm really hoping that we can get 5 votes per debate, only having 3 votes means we might have to go to tiebreakers more often, which is undesirable. I know that I plan to vote on every debate (except my own for obvious reasons), and I hope a lot of the other participants will do the same. Also note that becuase it's swiss style, keep voting until 5 votes have been reached, don't stop at 3-0 even though it's majority.

Sirius just PMed me about having trouble with enemy stats for promoted enemies. I myself find using Reikken's site a tad inconvenient so I'll collect some enemy stats on my next playthrough, which I'll start right away. Hopefully it can be finished by the time the second round starts. I'll also track what forge types are available in which chapters, and any other requested information.

Sirius just PMed me about having trouble with enemy stats for promoted enemies. I myself find using Reikken's site a tad inconvenient so I'll collect some enemy stats on my next playthrough, which I'll start right away. Hopefully it can be finished by the time the second round starts. I'll also track what forge types are available in which chapters, and any other requested information.

Could you find out how fast laguz tranformation gauges increase/decrease?

Best of luck everyone.

Thanks.

Good luck to you, too.

Edited by kirsche