Your Headcanon Pairings?

I (along with a couple dozen other people, apparently) was hanging out in the Chrom x Sumia thread, and I guess it's been a bit since one of these was put up, so now that you've had time to mess around with your armies, which couples do you think make the nicest, most-fitting families?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My headcanon pairings are basically my preferred ones. lol

Frederick x Kelli (Avatar)

Chrom x Olivia

Gaius x Maribelle

Donnel x Lissa

Lon'qu x Cherche

Stahl x Cordelia

Henry x Sumia (really because I do kinda like their support so far and Sumia's other options are taken lol)

Ricken x Nowi (I haven't seen their support yet, but I just cannot see Ricken with anyone else. >.>)

Gregor x Tharja

Haven't decided whom I like best with Miriel, Panne, or Sully yet. Though I do like Panne's support with Stahl and Freddy...but they're taken. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Edit: Whoops, just read OP's post, probably should explain why they'll never change...

Edit2: Lolz, I completely forgot to add Vaike x Cordeila... XP

Chrom x Female Avatar:
Its pretty obvious from my title, sig, and my avvy that I love this pairing. They have good character development with each other, perfect screen time together for the entire game (unlike his other choices), only pairing that gets two children for F Avatar, makes said children into the ultimate destruction duo, has a very poignant feel to it when you realize that they were meant to oppose each other instead, has the sad yet beautiful chapter 21 mother/daughter scene with Avatar and Lucina, and just frankly makes the most sense out of any Avatar pairing to me. Such a good pairing both story and gameplay wise. :3

Male Avatar x Tiki:
Much like ChromxAvatar, I'm intrigued by the idea of duality and opposites, which leads me to the female counterpart of Chrom, Tiki, as Naga's chosen/daughter. It makes for a very interesting union between Grima's and Naga's avatar; I like it very much and almost has the same wistfulness I get from my other Avatar pair. I also think she deserves someone to make her happy after all of her thousands of years of solitude. Especially if she gets a daughter to share the long years ahead with.

Frederick x Sumia
They make a nice pair; he keeps her from blundering everything and she gets him to lighten up his serious facade.

Lon'qu x Lissa
The spunky girl and the gynophobic guy; I liked them after I saw their initial meeting together. She really brings out his tender side, and he learns to get used to pushy girls...or at least her.

Stahl x Sully
Red Knight and Green Knight training together as equals in love and battle. Need I say more?

Virion x Cherche
The master who can't get anything done, and his servant turned wife who gets everything done.

Vaike x Cordelia

Chrom's best friend and Chrom's secret admirer; I like this pair because Cordelia helps Vaike to best Chrom, and in doing so she falls in love with him and finally lets her Chrom obsession go. And Vaike actually beats Chrom in something; winning Cordelia's love. <3

Kellam x Miriel
Kellam; the biggest science experiment of the century. Miriel is there with him forever and he'll never be forgotten.

Gaius x Maribelle
The thief and the noble magistrate; odd yet interesting pair, especially if they should ever meet in court...

Ricken x Nowi
Young mage and his "young" manakete wife; I like the pair and supports itself, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that this is the only pair I'm comfortable with Nowi....

Gregor x Panne
The wordly mercenary and wordly Taguel; they do make a fine pair of travelers who walk the earth, as they do in the end...

Libra x Olivia
I had a fun time imagining how people would take the monk and the dancer together; they are both very sweet and passive, and give Inigo the excuse to say he got his good looks from both parents.

Henry x Tharja
The only pair for Tharja that makes any sense for me; he is the only one that can understand her, equal or overpower her in curses, and explain Noire's weird personally as a side effect of having two dark mages as parents. Plus, the whole family is hilarious together in their supports.

Owain x Lucina
The true companions turned lovers; Lucina understands all of his longwinded speeches and theatrics and he keeps her spirits up when they go off together and disappear to other lands or other times....

Gerome x Cynthia
Childhood friends with clashing personalities; I think its sweet that she taught him how to fly, get over his vertigo and he's really shy with trying to express his feelings.

Inigo x Severa
Womanizer and tsundere; it doesn't get better than this. Most hilarious support in the game.

Yarne x Nah
Bunny and Dragon; make a cool shapeshifter pair that would yield the most broken children in existence...

Brady x Kjelle
Non-atheletic dude trying to impress the warrior woman; they make a funny duo with their shared perseverance.

Laurent x Noire
The Maso and The Wacko; nuff said.

.....and they will never, EVER, change......now excuse me while I try to gtf out before more pairing wars start....

Edited by Silver Lightning

Frederick X Chrom

... Poor Chrom. :V

Ummm, do we include Avatar or not? It's not that I considered the Avatar as a self-insert, even if she's usually named after me... but... I guess I'll go ahead and include them.

Chrom x Female Avatar (obviously)

Male Avatar x Olivia

And if no avatars, I guess....

Chrom x Olivia comes second.

Morgan (M) x Nah (oh wait that involves Avatar)

Lon'qu x Nowi

Stahl x Sully (below poster reminded me of that pairing)

I wanna say Gerome x Cynthia, but I haven't read Gerome x Lucina... or Gerome x Morgan (F) because that was kinda cute too.

I don't really know actually. Harem.

Edited by Cordelia

Oh boy, what can of worms did you freaking open?

Let's assume for my set, it would be WITHOUT the whole "Self insert shipping with Olivia".

First gen only.

Let's start:

Chrom x Sumia (Opening movie/Lovebirds/shoveinyourface "canon")

Liz/Lissa x Frederick (Devoted Knight and Princess... Seth and Eirika basically. Seems like Vincent agrees with me on this one)

Soiree/Sully x Sol/Stahl (Can finally pair the initial red and green knights)

Viole/Virion x Serge/Cherche (Because Lord and Servant from a longtime connection)

Vaike x Miriel (The idiot and the booksmart one. This is just hilarious. Especially considering when you first see them with him forgetting that axe.)

Mariabel/Maribelle x Richt/Ricken ("Saved her" ship)

Gaia/Gaius x Nono/Nowi (The whole candy thing and loli is just ASKING for it to be shipped. He totally gets a nondescript white van on S Support)

Lon'qu x Olivia (Because their BOSSES shipping them with their whole "issues with the opposite gender" is just hilarious... that is if I wasn't the one who marries her.)

Henry x Tharja (Henry's personality fits that he'll actually STAND UP to Tharja with her curses on Noire...and he even has the ABILITY to considering his background on said curses.)

Grego/Gregor x Panne (Now their supports are just hilarious, and I'm running out of options)

Callum/Kellam x Cordelia (Because Libra needs to be a "good" monk)

Edited by shadowofchaos

My preferred pairs won't ever change either. I'm just as stubborn as Silver Lightning. lol But if you'd like to know why I like my preferred pairings, I can definitely explain. :)

Frederick x Kelli (Avatar) is my main OTP in this game for two reasons, really. One, I absolutely ADORE this support. The whole bear meat thing is just so much cuter with the female Avatar than the male one! And the female calls Fred Freddy Bear, which gave me a friggin cutegasm. Second reason, Frederick himself. I love him to death. <3

Chrom and Olivia are cute cause prince with cute sparkly dancer is appealing to me and I really like their support. x3

Gaius and Maribelle have such a touching history together! I love the story they told throughout their support!

Donnel and Lissa is just FULL of cuteness to the very end of the S support.

Stahl and Cordelia put on a cute harp duet and I love how they bonded through it. It reminds me of the way I'd like to find my own future husband: bonding through a mutual hobby, such as video games.

Lon'qu and Cherche is so touching and sweet. Cherche helps Lonny deal with the most painful part of his past. And she asks him on a picnic! Such cuteness there too. ^^

I explained HenryxSumia and RickenxNowi...

I like Gregor and Tharja because of how Tharja let Gregor talk to his dead brother through her magic. It was kinda sweet and she actually was likable for me there, unlike everywhere else...

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Vaike

Frederick x Miriel

Sully x Virion

Stahl x Cordelia

Donnel x Panne

Lon'qu x Olivia

Ricken x Maribelle

Gregor x Cherche

Nowi x Henry

Libra x Tharja

As for the children (excluding Lucina)? I haven't decided yet.

Gerome x Lucina + Minervykins

Lon'qu x Olivia

Maribelle x Ricken

Frederick x Lissa

Chrom x Sumia

Inigo x Severa (all the ring think)

Yarne x Nah

Yeah, I think these are the ones I have more as headcanons, because these are the ones I like the most :sweatdrop:

Gerome x Lucina + Minervykins

Oh yeah... Except... perhaps better take Lucina out and there's another headcanon.

Maybe it's the only canon pairing in FE13.

Oooh Oooh can I post my "anti-headcanons"?

Chrom x Olivia:

Confession Scene in Chapter 12 flashback doesn't make sense. It was just an S support. They actually had to address and Chrom to admit it was a... "whirlwind romance" on localization.

So yeah, "what supports"? |D

Relevant:

OliviaxChrom.jpg

Tegahayaina.png

No development. Falchion target only. Final destination.

I personally think it's a stupid design choice |D

Liz/Lissa x Robin:

If we're gonna talk about canon stuff... how about this?

You mean that Lissa X MU, let alone any pairing wasn't revealed at ALL?

tumblr_m223weuQwM1rody9mo1_400.gif

Lissa x Robin you say? Like how Lissa's C conversation with Libra, they were both to find Robin, right?

Well in Japanese, it was FREDERICK.

Someone on the localization team didn't like Liz/Lissa x Frederick. |D

[/justbeinganasspost.jpg]

Edited by shadowofchaos

Female Avatar X Chrom-always

Sumia X Frederick- I her with Frederick better

Lissa X Lon'qu

Vaike X Cordelia

Olivia X Henry- also support Olivia X shadowofchaos Male Avatar

Lucina X Gerome

the rest I haven't decided on yet...wait there's one more

Owain X Cynthia

although aside from my preferred Chrom pairing, I'm pretty laid back on the other pairings in Awakening.

1st Gen

Henry x Sully
Chrom x Maribelle
Lon'qu x Panne
Gregor x Cordelia
Gaius x Lissa
Ricken x Miriel
Virion x Olivia
Frederick x Sumia
Vaike x Tharja
Stahl x Nowi
Donnel x Cherche

2nd Gen

Laurent x Morgan F
Owain x Cynthia
Gerome x Kjelle
Yarne x Severa
Inigo x Nah
Brady x Noire

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I have no pairs I consider canon. I'm blessed by having no definite pairs within my brain (in this game at least. Not atm anyway.)

Also there's something I've just been dieing to say.

You can suck my head canon.

laughing_like_a_hyena.jpg

You know he's Chrom's best waifu next to Frederick.

Well... dunno about being next to Frederick... he's better than Frederick, I think.

Male Avatar x Cordelia

Chrom x Olivia (Because it's the closest thing to a crack pairing in this game and House Ylisse needs at least one interesting male heir, because I find Chrom to be boring)

Stahl x Sully

Virion x Cherche

Gregor x Lissa

Frederick x Sumia

Ricken x Nowi

Henry x Tharja

Gaius x Maribelle

Lon'qu x Miriel

Donnel x Panne

Owain x Severa

Inigo x Morgan

Yarne x Nah

Gerome x Lucina

Brady x Cynthia

Laurent x Noire

Edited by Zelos

S support unlocked?

Perli's jerk sense of humor x Rey's jerk wit = my one headcanon ship

I'm very flexible with pairings, so I have none, actually. I'm one of the few who doesn't like Chrom x female MyUnit, and that's the one thing I hold rather strongly in terms of shipping opinions.