Samias's Art Stuff

Samias

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! It's sometimes stressful but I don't think I'd want to do anything else. Maybe do some stuff for gaming but TV is pretty much the same thing...

tumblr_nr9hldfj7M1qixsfqo1_500.png

Updated old Cordelia art that I pressed into buttons...

tumblr_nrt47xRIdQ1qixsfqo1_540.png

tumblr_nrv2k7TYPc1qixsfqo1_540.png

Stuff I doodle when I need a break from working...

tumblr_ns6sq4iEBJ1qixsfqo1_1280.png

And some fantasy ladies from the story I occasionally work on writing.

• 3 months later...

*crickets* I'm alive and lurking! But work has me by the neck so often ;_; But since I've been gone I finally had my very first commercial series air on TV and another is coming to Netflix soon. Whoo!

NEW STUFF THO

tumblr_nwjqvy1v961qixsfqo1_540.png

tumblr_nwuv8fbX3m1qixsfqo1_540.png

tumblr_nwwrqnJeso1qixsfqo1_540.png

And a trailer for Nico Can Dance, which I worked on as a storyboard artist.

Edited by Samias

• 2 weeks later...

I googled Zero Suit Fox to come up with some other artwork to see how yours ranked among the probably competition.

My god I'll just say yours is the most realistic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And here I thought Santa Christ ate you. WB~

I dig the thick outlines for featuring. I don't usually see such a rough style from you

And here I thought Santa Christ ate you. WB~

I dig the thick outlines for featuring. I don't usually see such a rough style from you

I think the thick outlines are something I do all the time but it's usually just left behind in the sketch stage. But since I was drawing stuff at work, it's all a bit on the rushed side. It could also be my chibi style leaking. My Photoshop settings are also preeeetty fat ATM.

tumblr_o1824iaOzs1qixsfqo1_1280.png

tumblr_o1dwclnmfG1qixsfqo1_1280.png

Some really quick doodles I did of my Animal Crossing villagers if they were people. I should fix up the male side because I forgot Eugene's glorious sideburns but alas.

If you can figure out who's who, I commend you!

Rosie? Definitely Cesar, though.

These are cute, though may I ask you what color you usually choose for your multiply layer? The shading comes off as a bit too dark grey.

Animal Crossing could stand to be even brighter, tinting the multiply layers slightly with colors could make it more vibrant.

In general, your art is very nice, with good anatomy and cool characters, but you should try experimenting more with colors!

I probably draw a bit too bright myself, but your color choices are usually very safe, which are fine but not terribly exiting. I'm not good at explaining this but try choosing colors more based on some ground color/relative to each other, as it will lead to a more natural look in terms of lightning. Also as I mentioned, coloured shadows in the multiply layers can change a lot regarding the tone and atmosphere in the picture.

Rosie? Definitely Cesar, though.

These are cute, though may I ask you what color you usually choose for your multiply layer? The shading comes off as a bit too dark grey.

Animal Crossing could stand to be even brighter, tinting the multiply layers slightly with colors could make it more vibrant.

In general, your art is very nice, with good anatomy and cool characters, but you should try experimenting more with colors!

I probably draw a bit too bright myself, but your color choices are usually very safe, which are fine but not terribly exiting. I'm not good at explaining this but try choosing colors more based on some ground color/relative to each other, as it will lead to a more natural look in terms of lightning. Also as I mentioned, coloured shadows in the multiply layers can change a lot regarding the tone and atmosphere in the picture.

Yeah, Rosie and Cesar are there.

Left to right, top row: Phoebe, Nana, Tipper, Rosie, Gwen

Left to right, bottom row: Cesar, Sly, Biskit, Rodeo, Eugene

Anyway as far as colours go, I definitely haven't pushed myself these past few months. I tossed on some greys/light pinks on here just to add some shape but not really to make it pop since I spent about 10-15mins on each, but yeah, I'm in a bit of a rut because my old school days were a lot more colourful and ambitious. But I do prefer muted colours overall. I tend to go like halfway saturated, if I don't just do B&W like i've mostly done for a year.

I kind of want to go to the aquarium to draw some sea anenomes though and try to do some actual paintings as I tend to be more liberal with saturated colours in physical media.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I get bored I always draw my favourite blue-haired elf :U

tumblr_o5julgJoD01s8o79no1_500.png

I kinda screwed it up but I did it in like 20 mins after work so I'm pretty happy??

Bonus sketch:

tumblr_o5ka9fo4wE1qixsfqo1_1280.png

Edited by Samias

Yep... nowadays, speed's my game, quality is.... sort of my name? Whatever gets me through my mountain of work! Also another after-work sketch which I semi-planned a BG and stuff with later but I wanted to push the perspective a little.

tumblr_o5lzfotAci1qixsfqo1_500.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...