Story articles - Stage 3.3

VincentASM

Sure, help is always appreciated : D

EDIT

If all goes according to plan probably not, knowing me, I'll finally add a public page for the articles today or during the weekend.

On a similar note, here's the page for Fin (didn't realise he had so many TCG art). I'll probably make a similar one for Alvis soon. If anyone else feels their article is ready for a page, please tell me ^^

Right now, I've got pages for Fin (by etellerannet7), Sain (by Wist) and the two articles by me.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your article layout looks good :) Really nice to see a story-related section on a FE page.

I should get going with that Alvis editing... I'm going to edit the Fin another time, too. How should I tell you if I change an article you've already put up?

Also, cause I really don't know, which of the pinned topics is really the one to use to ask before writing an article?

I've waited longer than planned with the Levin article.. I'll probably get to writing it soon. But I would like to ask a question:

If I should write more articles after Levin, what would be the "most wanted" choice to write about? As in characters, items, events, timelines, entire plot analasys, etc... And if characters, would it be better with the characters most central to the plot or more random choices? I'm asking because when Levin is done I will be done with the ones I felt most like writing, so now I'm up for pretty much anything from 4 and 5. Not exactly the usual thing to take requests for, but if there are any I might take them.

Generally, I'd favour articles about the main characters (eg. Roy) or sypnoses/plot analysis. On the other hand, I'd also like writers to do whatever they feel like doing. However, the former will probably attract more readers. Then again, it's kind of useless if nobody really feels like writing them. So... dilemmas ensue D:

If you can manage it, anything that you feel would be important or fundamental would probably be a good idea to start (i.e the former stuff).

I would probably like to write an article on Ike, but I definitely won't be able to finish it all in one day. Do you want me to save the copy until I get a decent amount of content before posting? Or should I just go ahead and start the topic with some simple stuff and expand from there?

I assumed most people would hold off from posting until they've got more or less the final draft. Since you can just "claim" an article beforehand.

However, doing it bit by bit works just as well, I guess. So it's up to you really ^^

Anyway, I take it you'll be claiming Ike? : P

EDIT

Finally. The story section is now public : D

Edited by VincentASM

I'd be willing to write up something for FE5, I go on break in a few days, so I'll probably start a new playthrough anyway. I can do the story synopsis no problem from that.

Also I noticed that the "Introduction" for Thracia characters isn't existant on it's page, I could do that, unless the only reason it's not there now is because of sprite ripping or something...

I'd be willing to write up something for FE5, I go on break in a few days, so I'll probably start a new playthrough anyway. I can do the story synopsis no problem from that.

Sure, that sounds good ^^

Also I noticed that the "Introduction" for Thracia characters isn't existant on it's page, I could do that, unless the only reason it's not there now is because of sprite ripping or something...

Hmm... I'm not sure what you meant there. Were you referring to this page (which should be accessible)? Or did you actually mean the FE4 one, which I've been slow to work on ^^;;;

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

If you want some events, I might be able to make a little time. I'd like to cover some of the stuff in part 2 of RD. The revolution wasn't a big event, true, but you want stuff from the story.

I also wouldn't mind writing an article about Lucia since she's one of my favorite characters, mostly just for looks. :P

But if no ones claimed those, I'd like to take a crack at it, assuming you take stuff from guests.

Sure, that sounds good ^^

Hmm... I'm not sure what you meant there. Were you referring to this page (which should be accessible)? Or did you actually mean the FE4 one, which I've been slow to work on ^^;;;

Ah, my apologies, I mean the Fe4 one ^_^;

And cool, I'll get started on the FE5 story article asap.

Guest FreelanceSealBoy
Haha, sure, both of those sound good.

If I think I know who you are, I just realised I've forgotten that there's a fanfic I need to be reading. If not, don't mind me ^^;;;

Great. I hope you don't have deadlines because I work on my own time. If you do, I'll hammer down and get both of them going.

You hit that nail on the head. :P That's one reason why I haven't got the articles yet. I've been working on chapter 9 of said fanfic. BTW: I might have to give you a new link. The one I gave you isn't coming up, at least not for me. If you want, just do a search on FF.Net for my name. It's the same one I use here and it's the only fic I've got up so far. :P

Yes it was. Although I can't really remember if you worked on the (since removed) Ashnard article on Wikipedia, I thought you might be interested in keeping it alive somewhere else ^^

Guest Ashnard

Yeah, I written that when I first started Wikipedia. I didn't know much about WP's policies then, so it reads like what it is -- a quickly drafted fan biography. As you know, I'm very busy with college at the moment, so I won't attach a deadline or time period to it. It will probably be about Ashnard himself, but I may branch out to include the current and former Four Riders. Am I suppose to e-mail it directly to you or post it on this board?

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering about the confirmed endings and stuff. Like, for example, Tethy's ending with Gerik and all as shown here.

For FE8, since it's possible for multiple endings, do you think we should consider all options and generalize their feelings? Like perhaps saying that "Tethys has a liking for Gerik" or "Tethys has shown her feelings for Gerik and Ike when she..." without forcing it onto them. An example of forcing it onto them: "Tethys and Gerik are an ITEM"

Edited by Eltoshen

Well, you can have multiple endings in FE7 as well, right? Or did you mean there's more possibilites in FE8?

In any case, I, myself, would have mentioned them just as possibilites. For instance "If Gerik and Tethys have an A support..."

However, I guess generalising would also work, but I'm worried about endings where characters get married. You can't exactly say they married both, or multiple characters ^^;;;

Yeah, I just used FE8 as an example. It occurs a lot in FE7, moreso than FE8.

My opinion would be to include all the facts possible but not taking preference for one specific side. If that means omitting the name of the person he settles down with, or saying something like, "Hector seems to be fond of Lyn, Florina, and Farina and eventually ends up marrying one of the three lucky ladies. They would one day become the parents of a beautiful young girl named Lilina."

Edited by Eltoshen

Just thought I'd mention it. I won't be as active here, until around the 25th of this month.

In the meantime, I'll try and catch up on the three or so articles that I still need to critique, but after that I'll have to leave the critique to the others.

Since I'm here, I have to say I really appreciate everyone's help with this project. I almost can't keep up with everything that's submitted, but luckily we have a healthy amount of editors/commenters as well. Initially I was kind of doubtful that I'd get anything over 5 articles, but actually we have around 20+ now : o

Edited by VincentASM

Heh, 20+? Looks like you should update that little comment on the home page that says "12" then. XD

Just one thing I'd like to point out, in Florina's article, I found the following;

"Huey"

Just use ctrl+f to find it, it might be "he" or "Eliwood" but regardless I didn't get it. :\

That's it, otherwise it looks great. ^_^

EDIT: Apparently that's the name of the pegasus, something I completely did not know... it'd be nice if you made a note to thatJust ignore this post...

Edited by Fire Blazer