FE4 Pairing advice

Racer

Out of the women you HAVEN'T paired, here are my suggestions:

Aideen/Midir or Jamka: Midir gives Pursuit and Jamka gives better stats. Personally, I'd use Midir.

Lachesis/Beowulf: It's a little too late to pair her up with Fin, and Azel is acceptable if only for the increased magic Nanna gets.

Fury/Levin: This yields the best user of Holsety as far as stats go, and Fee wants the +5 str to be competitively viable lategame.

Sylvia/Claude: If you are even going to pair her to begin with, Claude's your best option. Otherwise, subs>children in this case.

Tiltyu/Azel: Both kids get Pursuit and high enough magic to abuse it. There is also Lex for Wrath/Vantage mayhem, but don't expect much mag.

Brigid/Holin: Probably the best set up for Patty. You really can't fuck up Faval.

I like pairing Sylvia with Lex. Having double exp helps her kids a lot imo. Unless you die a lot and don't like restarting. Then I would go with Claude.

Other than that I think the other post did a good job with best pairings. I do like pairing Fin more than Beowulf with Lachesis. However, due to it being chapter 3 I'm not seeing it happen.

That's the beauty of FE4 the game has so many pairing options.

Levin/Tiltyu: Holsety from chapter 6 onward is simply amazing.

Midir/Aideen: Pursuit and Hero Bow for Lester makes him a great unit from the get-go. You could try Jamka!Lester if you want, though most prefer Midir due to Pursuit.

Claude/Fury: This can make a great staffbot Sety, though if you want to you can do Levin/Fury instead.

Beowulf/Lachesis: This provides an incredible Delmud from the word "go." Nanna will still be good as well.

Edited by Chiki's Pet Pikachu

AideenxMidir

LachesisxAlec

TiltyuxAzel

BrigidxBeowulf

FuryxLevin

SylviaxClaude

EVERYBODY (who needs it) GETS PURSUIT. DO IT.

(and check out my pairings thread if you want item inheritance help as well ^_^)

Edited by black.ops

Levin/Tiltyu: Holsety from chapter 6 onward is simply amazing.

Midir/Lester: Pursuit and Hero Bow for Lester makes him a great unit from the get-go. You could try Jamka!Lester if you want, though most prefer Midir due to Pursuit.

Claude/Fury: This can make a great staffbot Sety, though if you want to you can do Levin/Fury instead.

Beowulf/Lachesis: This provides an incredible Delmud from the word "go." Nanna will still be good as well.

Why is Midir molesting Jamka's son?

In the ZI draft I did LachesisxJamka and it's working well. Kids get Continue and Charge and a nice stat boost. Of course lack of inheritance for Delmud is rough, and also lack of Pursuit but if you've got the Pursuit Ring and no other kid needs it, it could work.

Imo FinXLachesis is the best for Lachesis. Since her kids have charisma I normally have them on the frontline and in my experience prayer comes in really handy. However, if Fin has the hero lance make sure to hand it over to Fury if you do this pairing.

Other reason is I don't like Beowulf and Fin is my favorite : D. Him and Oifaye.

Edited by Guy Starwind

Imo FinXLachesis is the best for Lachesis. Since her kids have charisma I normally have them on the frontline and in my experience prayer comes in really handy. However, if Fin has the hero lance make sure to hand it over to Fury if you do this pairing.

Other reason is I don't like Beowulf and Fin is my favorite : D. Him and Oifaye.

Great =D

Now I'm happy ^^

I'll do it. \o/

XOXO

Both Fin and Beowulf are Lachesis' best pairings-both give the kids Pursuit, it's just a matter of what else. Beowulf has Charge, Fin has Prayer. Beowulf can also pass down items to Delmud, whereas Fin can't. Hence why some people think Beowulf is a better father because he can potentially give Delmud some great starting weapons. But Prayer is probably better in the long run especially for Nanna, and she also gets a boost to her Speed if Fin's her father in her join chapter. The one issue is that they have unequal move and so you have to hinder Beowulf/Fin in order to get them to fall in love with Lachesis, especially Fin because he's only there for the rest of Chapter 2 and Chapter 3.

As for your other pairings, Jamka is a great father for Lester and Lana, because his skill set is, in my opinion, better than Midir's. Continue and Charge over just Pursuit. It's essentially having Pursuit anyway. Also, another good father for Sety and Fee is Noish. It's almost the same skillset except Noish gives Charge instead of Continue. Not like it matters, Sety has innate continue and Fee gains it on promotion. The only thing would be that Sety won't have any Holy Blood, see: Major Holsety. Of course, that leaves a chance for you to get Levin!Arthur, which is always a nice touch, especially if you give Levin the Pursuit Ring before the end of Gen 1.

As for your other pairings, Jamka is a great father for Lester and Lana, because his skill set is, in my opinion, better than Midir's. Continue and Charge over just Pursuit.

Midir has Charge as well actually.

Edited by Dio

But Prayer is probably better in the long run especially for Nanna, and she also gets a boost to her Speed if Fin's her father in her join chapter.

Who else honestly wants to use Lachesis's Prayer Sword other than Nanna anyway?

Who else honestly wants to use Lachesis's Prayer Sword other than Nanna anyway?

Patty might want it but generally it's not that sought after. That speed bonus for Nanna helps her midgame, but Beowulf!Nanna comes only a point or two under her speed cap anyway. It's always nice to have Charge on Delmud, so I prefer Beowulf. Although if you've got the Pursuit Ring free, Noish and Lex are interesting options. Everyone loves Critical!

There's always Azel as well, giving better 2 range to both Delmud and Nanna on top of Pursuit (and Continue for Delmud) while also making sure Nanna heals a lot with Relive. A magic ring might be needed for at least one of the children, though.

If you feel particularly curious, I would give Claude the Pursuit and Strength ring and try Claude Lachesis. Nanna getting B staves does help her, as otherwise she is stuck with Return, Heal, and Mend.

• 5 years later...