Fire Emblem PoR HD?

AmericanBuizel

So, I'm wondering, if they did an HD port of this game and Radiant Dawn for the NX, what is some stuff you'd like to see? I personally would like to see the cutscenes redubbed with LA based VAs, added amiibo support, etc.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Maniac difficulty being included in non-Japanese versions and Easy in Japanese versions. Let every version have every difficulty, I say.

Edited by Peppy

So, I'm wondering, if they did an HD port of this game and Radiant Dawn for the NX, what is some stuff you'd like to see? I personally would like to see the cutscenes redubbed with LA based VAs, added amiibo support, etc.

NX? No, if this were to happen, it would get the Zelda 64 games treatment, straight to 3DS (or whatever portable device exists in that future) which I'm fine with.

While I would pray IS leave the original stuff like game mechanics intact(because I love these games how they are...for the most part), I want them to add:

PoR: Maniac Mode(because I love this game and I want to see how more fun[difficult] it can get! I don't mind a good challenge!) and, while this wasn't such a big issue for me, speed up the animations a bit.

RD:Maybe change some growths for characters like Fiona and Meg(they could be better...especially Meg), and Actual S.U.P.P.O.R.T.S.!

Both: Better Data transfer, add some cut stuff that would've been fine in the game, and...I guess Casual Mode for those who want it. Gotta sell those games as best as they can, right? ;3

Edited by Busterman64

NX? No, if this were to happen, it would get the Zelda 64 games treatment, straight to 3DS (or whatever portable device exists in that future) which I'm fine with.

Oh, I didn't know you worked for IS and knew their plans. Oh wait, you don't. Nothing says this can't be on the NX. Besides, remakes have gone to the Wii U as well as the 3DS, so it isn't like they're handheld exclusive as it is.

I would love for PoR to get all the supports that were planned for it, but got cut in the end. And for RD, a better support system, a little updated writing, and additional paired endings (Ike x Elincia and Kieran x Marcia plz! <3).

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, I didn't know you worked for IS and knew their plans. Oh wait, you don't. Nothing says this can't be on the NX. Besides, remakes have gone to the Wii U as well as the 3DS, so it isn't like they're handheld exclusive as it is.

I would love for PoR to get all the supports that were planned for it, but got cut in the end. And for RD, a better support system, a little updated writing, and additional paired endings (Ike x Elincia and Kieran x Marcia plz! <3).

Yo, what's with the passive agressivness here? Chill out, ma'm... it's not that serious :^_^:

Fire Emblem is a series that is better suited for handheld, and this is proven by how the latests installments have all been 3DS only. The only reason I imagine PoR got the GC treatment was because there were no handhelds at the time able to support such an ambitious project (given that most of the real weight was the CGI cutscenes). Nowadays? For a turn based RPG that still relies of still image with no voiceacting (except again, the CGI) there's no real reason to port it to the NX when handhelds are much more reliable, sell more, and are able to support heavy games.

Games that were ported to the WiiU were 2 Zelda games from the same PoR era, that had full HD 3D Open Worlds with real time action, far more hardware demanding than any FE to date. I love FE, but I am realist and the chances of PoR getting ported to the NX instead of 3DS/current handheld are very small. They exist, but are minimal.

Edited by 20XX

That was a bit unnecessarily aggressive, don't you think ;p When you consider that Fire Emblem has been selling exclusively (unless you count the crossover game) on handhelds since 2008, I think there is more chance of a 3DS release than an NX one. An NX release isn't impossible, but it's less likely than a handheld

Anyway.

I would like Faster animations and maybe allow Elincia to join a bit sooner in PoR. Also, maniac difficulty pleease.

For Radiant Dawn, I think actual conversations instead of generic dialogue would be cool too.

So? Just because FE has been handheld lately doesn't mean it won't ever be on a home console again. And nobody even knows if the NX will be a home console or a handheld. There are actually rumors that it will be a hybrid, in fact.

The only reason FE has only been on 3DS lately is because the Wii U didn't sell enough. And FE has skipped a home console before (the N64. It was going to be on it, but it was canceled due to a similar reason there's no Wii U FE. Poor sales of the N64DD thing).

And whether I was aggressive or not, I'm also a realist and it's still far too early to say for sure that FE will not ever be on NX.

Edited by Anacybele

So? Just because FE has been handheld lately doesn't mean it won't ever be on a home console again. And nobody even knows if the NX will be a home console or a handheld. There are actually rumors that it will be a hybrid, in fact.

The only reason FE has only been on 3DS lately is because the Wii U didn't sell enough. And FE has skipped a home console before (the N64. It was going to be on it, but it was canceled due to a similar reason there's no Wii U FE. Poor sales of the N64DD thing).

And whether I was aggressive or not, I'm also a realist and it's still far too early to say for sure that FE will not ever be on NX.

Neither of us were suggesting FE would never be on console again ;p We were saying that future releases were more likely to see a handheld than a console.

I also doubt that FE being on 3DS is solely due to poor Wii U sales too. Generally, Fire Emblem has sold better on handhelds than they have on consoles. Take FE9 and FE10 for example. Although these were very good games, they sold very poorly. While I doubt them being console releases were the only reason for this, I doubt it helped.

Fire Emblem functions very well as a game you can pick up and play wherever you are.

Also, regardless of if you are a realist, that doesn't mean it's fair to be rude to people. 20XX wasn't being aggressive when he voiced his view so you shouldn't be either.

Funny, his wording suggests he's sure of himself to me. Note he said "no, this will happen" not "this is unlikely."

Do you know why those two games sold poorly? The GC didn't sell that great for one thing, and PoR was released near the end of its lifespan. I doubt any game would get good sales at that point. Mario or Zelda probably would've still sold alright, but not to their usual standards. RD was also released at a bad time, at the same time as Brawl. And since not many people picked up PoR, why would many pick up its sequel? They didn't sell bad simply because they were on home consoles.

I wasn't rude to anybody. A little aggressive, maybe. But to say I was downright rude is a stretch.

Edited by Anacybele

The Maniac difficulty being included in non-Japanese versions and Easy in Japanese versions. Let every version have every difficulty, I say.

This is about all I'd see, I don't trust IS on any other kind of choices right now in terms of dubbing, scripting or any changes.

But then again an HD re-release is like a 1% shot at best, because its not Mario, Zelda or Pokemon. Nor did PoR make that much money

I'd love to see new art but if this is an HD remake instead of a VC port then that's kinda of a given. Manic is definitely one of the things i'd like to see most, and also if they remake the cutscnes, will they adapt them to be in the newer CG style that Fates and Awakening have or take a new art direction?

Voice acting though, i'd really like to see improved voice acting for the ones that had it and curious to see who would get who from the ones that didn't.

Also, skipping enemy phases or at the very least faster please.

Personally I would rather IS focus on other things. The Tellius saga was a failure with SD budgets, giving them an HD budget would be a massive waste of resources that could be better spent.

It's hard to say how well these would sell. They did sell poorly when they were released, but now that Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's most popular IPs and Ike's popularity has skyrocketed from his appearance in Smash Bros., maybe they would sell higher than their original numbers. anyway, what I'd like to see:

PoR:

• Speed up some of the animations, and maybe make them on par with Radiant Dawn in terms of how fluid they were. Some of the attack animations looked fairly awkward.
  • Increase the difficulty. I didn't have any trouble until the chapter Astrid was recruited, and that was the only time I really had to restart over a lost character/treasure.
  • Maybe increase the damage of some effective weapons. Armorslayers for example were pretty much useless, I burst out laughing when I saw how much one did to Gatrie.

RD:

• Balance adjustments. Some characters were completely useless because of their availability. If they refused to change their availability, then at least change their base stats and/or growth rates.

Both:

• Keep the art styles the same, just refine and HD-ify them.
  • Improve the voice acting in the cutscenes.
  • Remove those freaking pitfalls from that freaking bridge.

PoR, really I think it's fine as is. Maybe add some support convos that make sense, like Ike-Mist, the Green Bros. Maybe have a post game bonus campaign, showing what Ike and crew do in between the two games.

RD

- Actual Supports

- I'd like to see a complete overhaul of part 3: you could pick to play as either the Griel Mercs or the Dawn Brigade, sort of like Sacred Stones route split. My main beef with this game is switching armies every other chapter and the Dawn Brigade suffers the most from this. It's very hard to get them into your final team, due to having terrible availability during their Tier 2 phase. I have the hardest time getting more than a couple Dawn Brigade characters to equivalent levels to the rest of my army. It would also give more time to develop Micaiah, who really gets shafted as a character after part 1. Giving the Dawn Brigade another dozen or so chapters on their own would give them about a regular games worth of chapters and character development. Then everybody can come together in part 4 as usual.

- Retcon Ike leaving Tellius forever.

I'm still too wary of IS's remaking abilities, so maybe in the future, but not now.

I'm sympathetic to your concerns, but I feel like if this were just an HD rerelease there'd be less to worry about. From what I've seen, even Ninendo's rereleases of that sort tend to change very little.

And the fact there's a bunch of Japan-only titles desiring localization.

I agree in principle, but Nintendo never spends time localizing and updating titles that weren't originally released internationally unless they're guaranteed to be big moneymakers. So we're unlikely to see official translations of the older games in the series unless they're remade somehow.

Also, given the poor sales of the Tellius games and their current limited availability, they could certainly use the attention an HD rerelease might bring.

I'm sympathetic to your concerns, but I feel like if this were just an HD rerelease there'd be less to worry about. From what I've seen, even Ninendo's rereleases of that sort tend to change very little.

I agree in principle, but Nintendo never spends time localizing and updating titles that weren't originally released internationally unless they're guaranteed to be big moneymakers. So we're unlikely to see official translations of the older games in the series unless they're remade somehow.

Also, given the poor sales of the Tellius games and their current limited availability, they could certainly use the attention an HD rerelease might bring.

Yeah, I might be overly-weary, but after New Mystery adding the Avatar/My Unit I can't help it.

Yeah, I might be overly-weary, but after New Mystery adding the Avatar/My Unit I can't help it.

True, but that was a bit more than your typical HD remake. Heck, even Shadow Dragon did more than most HD remasters.

Although, I'm kind of interested to see if they'd work in an avatar to RD, just to see how they'd bend over backwards to try and justify the avatar being present for every part of the game.

True, but that was a bit more than your typical HD remake. Heck, even Shadow Dragon did more than most HD remasters.

Although, I'm kind of interested to see if they'd work in an avatar to RD, just to see how they'd bend over backwards to try and justify the avatar being present for every part of the game.

Yeah, I know, I'm just paranoid.

Ugh, that would just make FE10's already sub-par writing (blood pact) worse... Now I'm even more paranoid...

Edited by Glaceon Mage