So I finally finished this game

This game's been amazing. I've been saying it ever since I got that 2-chapter demo, and haven't backed off on my opinion. I feel I still have alot to discover about it, however. I have yet to overcome countless paralogues, secrets and other things (I'm not particularly interested in getting all the supports and that kind of stuff, but they tend to be quite fun reguardless).

You know it's sad when you spend more time in drafting this game than in the actual first game file, lol.

Also, I felt the need to grind in the last chapter. I can't help but still feel how strong the enemies are in Lategame. Early to Midgame just seems to be a cakewalk, but Lategame did impose a bit of a threat. I loved how I had Jaffar take a chunk of damage off the last boss. And well, I had to train Chrom because he was one of the very few who would actually do decent damage to the last boss. He was getting 43x2'd before his training and re re-classing. /:

I felt the need to finish this rather quickly because I wanted to try out LM once and for all, although I'm a little dissapointed it only allows 3 saves-

Yes, this game is seriously amazing. I don't play a lot of video games, and I finish even fewer, so Awakening holds a special place in my heart because of that. I do think the game's story is a bit... rushed, and that several important things aren't explained properly (chapter 23, anyone?), but everything has its flaws. It's still beautifully done, and I actually feel so god-awful when one of the characters dies - the whole final death concept is amazingly potent.

Pfft. I just rushed the boss with Donnel and Chrom once I checked out the enemies and saw sigils for more to arrive. I was like, "Nope. Not going to try. Go snipe Grima for me, Donny."

So am I. I share my game with my sister, and she has two save files to my one. She also refuses to marry anyone but Chrom for some reason. -_-

This is my... second time fully going through the game and I'm still very much in love, even though now I've noticed some of the plot holes and I'm starting to question things.

Glad you enjoyed it; for all its shortcomings, I still find it to be the most enjoyable FE I have played in a long time, mostly because this is the first game in which you the player get to shape how the story is influenced, either by the Avatar or the pairings you make and the characters you use. I've already made 3 saves, completed 2 of them and I STILL return to the first to fully max everyone and do the DLC. The game has so much replayability its not even funny.

@Vashiane: I know how your sister feels. Its not rational, but we just can't help it; don't hold it against us. I believe that is what's called the husbando/waifu syndrome...

Edited by Silver Lightning

So am I. I share my game with my sister, and she has two save files to my one. She also refuses to marry anyone but Chrom for some reason. -_-

This is my... second time fully going through the game and I'm still very much in love, even though now I've noticed some of the plot holes and I'm starting to question things.

Glad you enjoyed it; for all its shortcomings, I still find it to be the most enjoyable FE I have played in a long time, mostly because this is the first game in which you the player get to shape how the story is influenced, either by the Avatar or the pairings you make and the characters you use. I've already made 3 saves, completed 2 of them and I STILL return to the first to fully max everyone and do the DLC. The game has so much replayability its not even funny.

@Vashiane: I know how your sister feels. Its not rational, but we just can't help it; don't hold it against us. I believe that is what's called the husbando/waifu syndrome...

This. I'd be the same way. 8D Except on my male file... then I can't really get Chrom married because I'm selfish and a yandere myself.

But yeah, this game is pretty amazing. I can use up the three files easily, so I agree it's unfortunate there's a max of 3 save files... I want more... One for male, one for main Normal, one for Hard and then a fourth for Lunatic/Lunatic. 8( But well, I...don't remember what the max save files were for the older handheld FE games so it might not be an unusual thing. Still, they made Awakening so good of a game...

And lol, I never bothered with how to get Grima. I rushed to the top, killed some enemies in the way or something and some that were approaching... then killed with Chrom and Avatar.

Edited by Cordelia

I know, but I really, really want some of those confessional CGs, and she's being horrifically persistent in not helping me.

I do love the Fem!Avatar x Chrom pairing, and it does give some of the game's moments more potency, however I've found several other pairings I like just a bit more. Like Henry, for example. And I'm conflicted between Frederick and Gaius for my next playthrough... fortunately for Frederick, he doesn't completely disappear from the story.

It's all right.

It has good points and bad points like any other Fire Emblem.

I think I was hoping to call it my favourite FE, but I really can't bring myself to.

I played Gaiden to tide me over until Awakening's release, and I reckon I had more fun with it, unfortunately.

If the maps hadn't been so samey or the Valm arc had been more interesting or Validar had any actual motivations, it would've been better.

Don't get me wrong, I liked it.

It was just kinda not as great as I hoped it'd be.

I know, but I really, really want some of those confessional CGs, and she's being horrifically persistent in not helping me.

I do love the Fem!Avatar x Chrom pairing, and it does give some of the game's moments more potency, however I've found several other pairings I like just a bit more. Like Henry, for example. And I'm conflicted between Frederick and Gaius for my next playthrough... fortunately for Frederick, he doesn't completely disappear from the story.

I understand too. Gaius' confession words were SO sweet that it ALMOST won me over from Chrom... but... I will faithfully remain as Chrom's waifu. And... that'swhyChromandfemaleAvatarwins to the fact that the other spouses will disappear off the story after like, Valm chapter. Or after chapter 13.

FE13 ended up winning me over FE9 and FE10 (Ike's army and some others, minus Dawn Brigade but that's for another thread). Don't get me wrong, I still love Ike and everyone, but... yeah. I invested a lot in FE13 in all senses.

I understand too. Gaius' confession words were SO sweet that it ALMOST won me over from Chrom... but... I will faithfully remain as Chrom's waifu. And... that'swhyChromandfemaleAvatarwins to the fact that the other spouses will disappear off the story after like, Valm chapter. Or after chapter 13.

FE13 ended up winning me over FE9 and FE10 (Ike's army and some others, minus Dawn Brigade but that's for another thread). Don't get me wrong, I still love Ike and everyone, but... yeah. I invested a lot in FE13 in all senses.

I know.... I'm like, "Screw it. I'm going to pretend that Henry's right there, just off-screen, reading one of his tomes."

I've played quite a bit of FE10 - it's my cousin's, who is much more of a gamer than me - and I did like it, but I've invested a lot of time and emotions into Awakening and prefer it over Radiant Dawn. It is a great game though, I'll give it that. Some of the characters fell a little flat for me though... with Awakening I can't name a character I hate, or even dislike.

I'm glad you love the game.

I myself beat the game about 3 days ago.

I should probably start my Female playthrough, but I dont really feel like it.

I gotta spend more time with my darling Lucy & go beat up OnlyMyUnit Priam.