Fire Emblem 3 remake for the DS

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is awesome! I just started playing FE3 though, and now I am tempted to stop, but I will probably continue as this looks like it could have some big changes and it would be fun to see the differences. I hope they add custom colors to the sprites, but keep SD's which i like otherwise. I also hope remove forging which I agree with some people is totally unbalanced and also class changing. These three things are my main complaints about SD. Heck, while I'm at it they should remove replacement characters, make better side quest requirements, add supports, and add more chapters. I am still very exited about this game, and from what I have seen in FE3 it looks like it could be very interesting.

Well, since sword-users have basically been second-class citizens for the last three games, with some notable exceptions, I think it'll be nice to have plenty of axe-using enemies to beat on for once.

If axe enemies are anything like in FEDS H5, though, I will beat my head against a desk.

Which makes me also remember that most of those Barbarians had Devil Axes. If they turn out to be Berserkers with those things, and Devil Axes stay as those high accuracy and power style ones from FEDS...

Awesome! I just began playing FE 3 (which is the last one I have to beat). I will probably buy it, but I think I would be happier if this turned out to be a brand new story

Great, so much elitism and nagging while next to no info has been released on this new old title... Do we really need constant reminders of Marth's immortality as a character? Good grief... He bothered me enough the the Smash Bros. series in all his wrist-bending f***otry so the last thing I need is more of this photogenic poser. Ah, at least the fangirls will be happy.

Doesn't seem like much can be said about this new title so far. All that can be done now is speculate or stray from the subject at hand. From what little information I got from all the pages, it doesn't sound that appealing to me. Seriously, little to no axe users? Spectacular, I just loves me some pretty boy swordsmen. *sarcasm*

But in the end, graverobbing is profitable.

Great, so much elitism and nagging while next to no info has been released on this new old title... Do we really need constant reminders of Marth's immortality as a character? Good grief... He bothered me enough the the Smash Bros. series in all his wrist-bending f***otry so the last thing I need is more of this photogenic poser. Ah, at least the fangirls will be happy.

Doesn't seem like much can be said about this new title so far. All that can be done now is speculate or stray from the subject at hand. From what little information I got from all the pages, it doesn't sound that appealing to me. Seriously, little to no axe users? Spectacular, I just loves me some pretty boy swordsmen. *sarcasm*

But in the end, graverobbing is profitable.

Well, you're playing the wrong series by far if pretty boys bother you that much. Like, seriously. You're pretty much screwed whatever Fire Emblem game you play. Homophobe elsewhere.

Edited by Violet

Have you seen Marth's new design at all? He's a manly man now.

Edited by NotSal

Ha, a fighting tactician would be interesting. But how about this, what if it's a custom character? A character who's essentially mute like Matthew from Blazing Sword but takes part in the battles and story representing the player, and you design how he (or she?) looks, much like how you can name Matthew whatever you want and change his affinity.

This is actually what I'm worried about.

I can see potential Mary Sue and Gary Stu flying around in the fandom and it doesn't seem pleasant.

Finally. If history repeats itself,Im guessing this will be a Christmas release in Japan and a spring release in the State.Just an observation.

Normally, when Nintendo announces a game out of the blue like this, it's because it will be out in no time. I would say summer in Japan and Christmas in the States.

Well, you're playing the wrong series by far if pretty boys bother you that much. Like, seriously. You're pretty much screwed whatever Fire Emblem game you play. Homophobe elsewhere.

I'm not as homophobic as I used to be but I was quite a lot in the times of SSB Melee. It didn't help how overrated Marth was and just because of, well... that. Well, some characters are more bearable than others in terms of appearance and there are those real men that I would stick with the other characters. Thinking about it... The whole issue with Marth and all other prettyboys very much come from them being overrated. That's what got to me when I started playing FE and still bothers me a little today. I guess I'm better off not hearing about character discussions and such. Like that time somebody mentioned Meg, Fiona, Vika, Tormod, Lyre and Muarim not being usable on Hard mode... Really, I wonder if people are really trying. Surely some people do but... Bah, as if I'll be listened to. What am I doing here again?

Again Staff on WiFi will be insane. Again Staff will make WiFi unplayable if its effects are unchanged.

They're probably bar the again staff in Wi-Fi just like the Ohm staff/Hammene/a bunch of other items.

Though there is the fact of Dancers, namely Feena.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Dancers won't break WiFi.

Again staff would break WiFi because, in combination with a dancer, you can use it up to three times in a single turn, so on most maps you would be able to attack your opponents first turn, giving one player a ridiculous advantage.

Again staff would break WiFi because, in combination with a dancer, you can use it up to three times in a single turn, so on most maps you would be able to attack your opponents first turn, giving one player a ridiculous advantage.

True, it just means a powerful character gets to move/attack/heal again.

My previous post. =|

Also, just throwing this idea here:

Wi-Fi would become much more interesting if you got to use nearly your entire army.

If Again Staff works like in Book 2 and Hammerne repairs staves like in Shadow Dragon, Lena and Malessia would be top tier on Wi-fi. Just make a team of 3 Sages, one of them being Lena while the other 2 are just physical attackers. Hello physical attackers being warped by 2 of the sages and Again Staff being used...

Great news. It was obvious what they were going to do next, but it's still awesome news to hear. I can't wait till it gets a NA release date.

I still don't get why they didn't put both of them together in the first place. It's not like Fire Emblem has a gigantic fan base that purchases their games in the first week of its release. It's a pretty tightly knit group of players. Why they couldn't have the decency to "thank" their fans by putting both books in one game I will never know...

Also, I would like to see colored palettes in this one (and I really hope Marth will promote, despite not doing so in the originals. It doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same). I didn't really know how well colored palettes (at least for me) gave a character personality and uniqueness, haha.

This is a given: Better support conversations. Why is Intelligent Systems straying away from this?