A Hack of Ice and Fire

Lungs

I'm a little confused now, did you already have this plot written and posted else where?

Err, to clear up the confusion, this is actually from GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire series - this is from before his books actually began; all of the things in this hack are alluded to within the various books in his series. Thus, the point of this project is to create a sort of world that both tells the story of Robert's Rebellion to my liking and tells the story to the author's standards - it's basically fanfiction. D:

@Jubby and ShadowOfChaos: Thanks! I'm pretty sure I'll be taking your advice (collectively XD)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Err, to clear up the confusion, this is actually from GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire series - this is from before his books actually began; all of the things in this hack are alluded to within the various books in his series. Thus, the point of this project is to create a sort of world that both tells the story of Robert's Rebellion to my liking and tells the story to the author's standards - it's basically fanfiction. D:

Oh well now it all makes sense, like other people were commenting on it talking about the story which confused the balls out of me.

This is the second in the series of "That ain't-"

In this case, THAT AIN'T NED STARK.

*sigh* Needs more spriting.

Ice needs a new sprite, but I'm going to take care of that now. It will be taking the place of the Mani Katti, though I'll certainly make sure that it ends up being available further down the line.

Ned is currently a Blade Lord. I'm probably going to end up mashing the Lyn Blade Lord sprite with Ephraim's prepromote to get a noble-looking guy waving a sword around.

wDE5A.png

Yeah, Ice can be the second Prf weapon that all Lords get near the end of the game (Sword of Seals, Ragnell, etc.) I can't remember if Robert's warhammer had a name. Maybe you should just call it Warhammer. :P:

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Omg this should happen!!!

Interesting. Im curious of the progress of this.

(if you need some mug help, i might be able to lend a hand. But like Seph said, unless this thing is happening, yeah.)

Hi guys. Quick work -> Lots and lots of not so quick work because I accidentally saved stuff that shouldn't have been saved in certain ways but I understand what's wrong now!

And now I know how to insert graphics <3

Third on the That-Ain't series -> THAT AIN'T NED, BUT IT'S CERTAINLY ICE.

knknZ.png

Florina: I would love you forever if you did mug work XD And yeah. This is totally happen. Egads.

Florina: I would love you forever if you did mug work XD And yeah. This is totally happen. Egads.

There are better spriters here though. :P:

Just PM me if you need something!

Weapon icons* They're the fun easy part of graphics. Then you have motherfucking statsheets

Yeah you can use the player's name, too, there's a tutorial somewhere (That is, unless you want it to be called Ned)

For maps, look at actual FE maps, they'll give you some clue how to make it look natural and stuff.

Maps are the basis for gameplay and many event scenes

make sure your maps are well-made before you get ahead of yourself or you'll end up having to do a lot more work than necessary

just a personal tip, you don't have to take it

Maps are the basis for gameplay and many event scenes

make sure your maps are well-made before you get ahead of yourself or you'll end up having to do a lot more work than necessary

just a personal tip, you don't have to take it

T_T I guess I'll be working out everything not map related before the maps and stuff then :(

God that sounds awesome.

This is the second in the series of "That ain't-"

In this case, THAT AIN'T NED STARK.

*sigh* Needs more spriting.

Ice needs a new sprite, but I'm going to take care of that now. It will be taking the place of the Mani Katti, though I'll certainly make sure that it ends up being available further down the line.

Ned is currently a Blade Lord. I'm probably going to end up mashing the Lyn Blade Lord sprite with Ephraim's prepromote to get a noble-looking guy waving a sword around.

wDE5A.png

I don't remember if Ned starts with Ice or not. From what I know, it's a family heirloom. Also, I think you should changed Ned for Eddard, because Ned is a nickname.

T_T I guess I'll be working out everything not map related before the maps and stuff then :(

Try mapping some other time, since it's inevitable and you'll end up having to map eventually. See if you can practice that, else it will become an annoying issue.

Ned doesn't actually start with Ice - I'm pretty certain that Rickard or even Brandon would have it over him. The idea was to give it to him after the Battle at King's Landing.

Yeah, I'll probably change his name to Eddard and put Ned in the description.

It is 1:04 am. You were probably sleeping when I posted it, if you're EST like I am!

But... I guarantee that despite the lack of rest... I am certainly as happy as you were (to be sleeping). er. that entire sentence worked better in my head. I'm sleep deprived~

Point is...

I would like to thank Florina for this awesomeeeeee sprite!

Now, to complete Ned, I just have to fix his icon and his map sprite! That's going to be on the docket for tomorrow. XD

PUB8k.png

It's a great mug shot, but he looks too old. IMO, that's how he would look during the actual series. I can't remember his age, or if it was ever stated, but I'd think he'd be around 20-25 at the oldest during Robert's Rebellion. That guy looks to be at least 40.

From what I know, Eddard's hair is black. Or was it dark brown? I don't remember. I bet on black, though. And he was 25 by the time A Game of Thrones happened.

From what I know, Eddard's hair is black. Or was it dark brown? I don't remember. I bet on black, though. And he was 25 by the time A Game of Thrones happened.

I would hope that Eddard Stark would be considerably older than 25 in A Game of Thrones, since his eldest son Robb is 15. That would put Eddard at being 10 years old when he fathered Robb and led the North to war, no less that he somehow held his own in combat against Arthur Dayne at the Tower of Joy.

I think that him being in his thirties is most likely. He's supposed to be younger than Brandon, so it's believable that he was only 16 or 17 when he married Catelyn and fathered Robb, then went to war. Or even 15, it leads to an interesting correlation since Robb marries, fathers a child and goes to war when he's 15.

His hair is dark brown.

Oh, never mind. I checked and apparently he's 35 in a Game of Thrones, so he'd be 20 in the rebellion.

Edited by Anouleth

Dark brown - I'm super sure he was older than 25 when GoT happens because he had children with Catelyn - Brandon was going off to marry Catelyn when they took Lyanna (I am super sure Rhaegar/Lyanna eloped btw); and like, he changed his course to King's Landing to get her back?

But like, Robb is 16? 17? ish by the time GoT happens so that means he'd have to be between 39 and 45 when GoT happens.

Yeah, they're right. He looks like GoT!Ned in my thing.

Well, I can tell this flashback style so I can still use this sprite XD

Removing his beard would probably solve the problem for his age though.

:'( Twas an epic beard.