Here we will discuss Apotheosis, the final DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening. Spoilers will not need to be tagged as such, so if you don't want to know who the Strongest One is, delve no further herein.

***HERE BE SPOILERS***

So, what strategies are you folks cooking up to take on Anna? I'm going to try not to abuse the hilariously broken combination of Pair Up and Brave weapons, since 12 strikes per round, 8 of which will bypass Aegis/Pavise/Counter, will probably trivialize the battle. I only intend to abuse that combo in order to clear the first 5 Generals and 2(?) War Monks in 2 rounds.

I intend to send my dragon daughters to engage her in a brutal battle. After waiting this long for the map, I don't want it to end too quickly. As for Anna, I don't want to cheese my way to victory. Anna will be unable to damage Morgan without Aether. Given the high DG rate of my daughters, and the chance to activate Pavise, they will be able to outlast Anna. Truthfully, the biggest concern is Counter. Nothing else has ever killed Morgan. Lethality has always been trumped by either Miracle, DG, or evasion. Counter...Counter has killed her on several occasions.

Of course, I will be playing this map many times, to try out different tactics. Brave Bows will be wonderfully effective here, since they'll not trigger Counter.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is reserved for statistics and calculations.

This Xenologue's difficulty (insane) is the same across all difficulty settings (Normal - Lunatic+).

The number of deployment slots available is 20, including Chrom (forced).

Wave 1 must be cleared in no more than 2 turns to begin the alternate path.

Anna's stats are on the site. I'll post what is probably her most significant stat here, though: 70 Speed. Combined with her Brave Lance++ and a 65% chance to activate Aether, she'll tear through the unprepared.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

I actually WANT to try to beat this with original classes.

And yes, I've had this map for a LONG while and I still haven't beaten it. Due to college and other obligations mostly.

I've seen like... the guy on Youtube... yuriasama (?) beat it with Nosferatank Sorcerer and Mobility Dark Pegasus/Flier Celica Gale/Waste kids.

It almost feels... boring in that sense.

And I'm probably one of the weird ones on this forum because I don't ever like seeing the characters not in their original classes/class tree.

I wonder if someone can go with original classes AND no Limit Breaker on anyone but the two lords, and their kids. Like if Limit Breaker were a "Game Lord" only inheritance skill.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I still haven't grinded out a team yet, since I've had so much trouble choosing parents for all the kids. D:

I wonder if someone can go with original classes AND no Limit Breaker on anyone but the two lords, and their kids. Like if Limit Breaker were a "Game Lord" only inheritance skill.

That sounds like a fun challenge. No secondary classes, and no LB (seems kinda random to let Lords have it).

^ Fair enough. I wouldn't allow it if I attempted, but I get the appeal.

Can someone tell me how many deployment slots you get in this chapter?

20, including Mr. required Chrom.

I wonder why Chrom is ALWAYS force-deployed in DLC maps. D8; I can't tell you how annoying it is when I want to transcribe convos, and I waste time trying to figure out an efficient way to get as many as I can at once. I'm like "CHROM GO AWAY", augh. So annoying.

There's no way in hell I'm NOT trying TSON without Pair-Up and Forged Braves/Strong Weapons. D8; I'll do anything to make hard stuff easy, and yet I think even WITH pair-up, this is gonna be an insane nightmare.

I wanna do it with an all-physical team since Nosferatu/Celica's gale's been done and back and I like my physicals better.

I do have like 10 brave axes sitting in my inventory~

Edited by Thor Odinson

My team's not finished (few more kids to grind out, Rallybots need to get picked and prepped), but my plan to one-shot Anna has not changed. It will require a portion of my cunning... no, all my cunning. Also luck, literally; success is technically a coin flip.

Granted if they fail to one-shot her she won't survive one round anyway, so no big deal. I don't have the means to record it exactly either.

Just tried out TSON with less than half of my team, not even fully limit break leveled. They made the waves very managble to the point I survived one and gave up on two due to how saddeningly easy it was going to be to nab Katarina. I suppose the Anna run will be quite the feat though.

Edit: Someone's trying to one shot Anna? You're going to have to crit with the force of a pimped out Sage Rick!Laurent. And luck will have to be on your side, despite the maxed/near maxed (Katarina's Bolt, ironically, is the key for that plan) critical chances (Wrath and other crit boosting skills required), Tomefaire and Vengance Depending on the order of calculation, it won't even be possible. The lowest damage done will be 42, without Vengance. If Laurent survives a Spear++ and Vengance activates from there, the damage calculaton will start with the damage being 34 (if Laurent has been restored to full health before starting the altercation with Anna). A crit would result in 92 damage. His doubled partner must boost his magic or simply land a hit afterward to finish her.

I can't believe I gave that strategy away... Q-Q

Edited by Only My Unit

Just tried out TSON with less than half of my team, not even fully limit break leveled. They made the waves very managble to the point I survived one and gave up on two due to how saddeningly easy it was going to be to nab Katarina. I suppose the Anna run will be quite the feat though.

TSON Normal wave isn't exactly designed to leave you in despair if you don't have any of the other DLC.

Anna's alternate path though, is designed to challenge the DLC goers.

Edit: Someone's trying to one shot Anna? You're going to have to crit with the force of a pimped out Sage Rick!Laurent. And luck will have to be on your side, despite the maxed/near maxed (Katarina's Bolt, ironically, is the key for that plan) critical chances (Wrath and other crit boosting skills required), Tomefaire and Vengance Depending on the order of calculation, it won't even be possible. The lowest damage done will be 42, without Vengance. If Laurent survives a Spear++ and Vengance activates from there, the damage calculaton will start with the damage being 34 (if Laurent has been restored to full health before starting the altercation with Anna). A crit would result in 92 damage. His doubled partner must boost his magic or simply land a hit afterward to finish her.

Laurent? Please. Lon'qu!Laurent!Morgan is the man for this job.

hyUkvMB.jpg

Skills not the ones which will be used for the DLC, I was just messing around.

I am entirely confident that 99 damage is possible on a critical Luna, it's just the chance of a critical Luna is not 100% (although it'll be surprisingly close, better than 50%).

The intent will be to pair with Henry!Cynthia (they're already married, so that part's done) and use the right mix of damage-boosting and crit-boosting abilities, probably getting them into Wrath range before engaging Anna. Solidarity and Anathema can come from having Avatar-F standing behind them. Vantage+ is not an issue because she will be force-switched to the Brave Lance first. Vengeance is probably not ideal just due to the difficulty of engineering minimum HP to be more effective than Luna, so Luna is probably better and safer at ~49% HP. No Galeforce and no Armsthrift; to make this work I need basically all my skill slots for Limit Breaker/Luna/Aggressor/Tomefaire/Wrath (Wrath is technically not necessary though I'm not sure whether anything else would be better). This pairing is basically being set up to fight the super targets and only the super targets; it's a Sage/Valkyrie combo so they will be staffbotting the rest of the map.

I can push 100 Atk easily with stat boosts (as shown); Anna's RES after Luna is 28 and Dragonskin halves damage, so IIRC you need about 98 Atk to do 33 damage, which will kill her with a crit. Those numbers are not exact but I am a little over the mark anyway and shouldn't need Vengeance. Missing should not be an issue given Morgan's ridiculous SKL and Demoiselle, so all that is needed is a Luna activation (~70-75%) and a crit (~55-60%). I think with all factors aligned Morgan's Crit tops off at 120, so Anna's 65 LCK doesn't quite make it even odds. It's still a gamble, but I can keep messing with the RNG and/or replaying the map so it'll happen eventually as long as it's mathematically possible.

Of course even if Morgan doesn't crit he does damage and then his waifu Cynthia does a bucketload of damage with a Dual Attack (Morgan's DA% with his mother is 81% so it should be near-guaranteed with his wife) and then they do it again and unless I just have the unluckiest round ever Anna doesn't survive it. It's easier to ensure her lack of survival with pure damage and Braves though; the goal here is a single shot kill and I will be fishing for that opportunity and then making a special battle save for it once I get it so I can eventually record it.

Wull, using kid charas as parents is kinda cheating. They already drop huge boosts on the get go and... I was proud of my combo. I just had to tempt fate, huh. I'll just keep my ultra nosfatank and Aether and Demon/Dread Fighter Morgans...

Vengance was just my means of creating a berseker mage outta Laurent and just for one shotting/rounding Anna. I don't rely on that on a regular basis unless I'm just lolpwning a Grima with Cordelia or something. Come to think of it, I could actually use the temporary stat boost items for Apotheosis, huh... I think with recalculations from there, that might make him one shot for sure.

Edit: Yep. Forgot the +3 magic bonus from his partner. That will work just fine. I'll have Tiki's Tears and other stat boosters for good luck though. Also maybe a Rally from Whyra, my Walhart-married cry'n Galeforce FeMU from a deleted file. All stats+6 is nice.

Edited by Only My Unit

I actually WANT to try to beat this with original classes.

And yes, I've had this map for a LONG while and I still haven't beaten it. Due to college and other obligations mostly.

I've seen like... the guy on Youtube... yuriasama (?) beat it with Nosferatank Sorcerer and Mobility Dark Pegasus/Flier Celica Gale/Waste kids.

It almost feels... boring in that sense.

And I'm probably one of the weird ones on this forum because I don't ever like seeing the characters not in their original classes/class tree.

I'm also one of those weird ones. I always make sure to keep the characters in classes that are close enough to their "true" classes.

Owain must have a sword visible on his battle model, because SWORD HAND, so I made him a Dread Fighter.

Noire must have a bow, so I made her a Bride.

Other than those, the kids are in their default promotions.

So, This is the "Prepare your anus" mission!

I hope I can actually beat it!

Yup. Normal mode shouldn't be especially difficult, so I expect everyone to be able to get Katarina. Alternate path, though...

20, including Mr. required Chrom.

I forgot to put that in the OP. I'll do so now.

I wonder why Chrom is ALWAYS force-deployed in DLC maps. D8; I can't tell you how annoying it is when I want to transcribe convos, and I waste time trying to figure out an efficient way to get as many as I can at once. I'm like "CHROM GO AWAY", augh. So annoying.

This is so true. Chrom's forced deployment annoys me to no end.

I can't believe I gave that strategy away... Q-Q

This is the place to "give strategies away". Specifically, anyone who clears (or comes close to clearing) Anna's alternate path will be welcome to share their strategy and tactics. Any significant calculations, such as the Spd required to double attack Anna, will be edited into the second post.

75 speed is needed to double Anna, but that isn't obtained much without rallies. You'll need speed boosting Pair Ups in order to make it to the point of not being doubled by Anna (about 66 SPD). Rallies also can boost stats by a maximum of 10. Also goes without saying that Limit Break is generally a necessity unless you want to challenge yourself even more.

I was aware of the intention of the forum topic, but still was tsundere about contributing. I still feel weird about it.

Edited by Only My Unit

75 speed is needed to double Anna, but that isn't obtained much without rallies. You'll need speed boosting Pair Ups in order to make it to the point of not being doubled by Anna (about 66 SPD). Rallies also can boost stats by a maximum of 10. Also goes without saying that Limit Break is generally a necessity unless you want to challenge yourself even more.

I was aware of the intention of the forum topic, but still was tsundere about contributing. I still feel weird about it.

on the other hand, Lancebreaker and tank it out

Not to boast, but I completed the hard "secret route" the one with Anna as the final boss.

It's all thanks to my Rally Bots, Yarne, my Avatar, Maribelle, and Lissa, and my top fighters, Morgan, Severa, Brady, Inigo, Noire, and Owain.

[spoiler=Proof]

IMG_0117_zps90c8eb1b.jpg

Oh my... I can finally put Fire Emblem Awakening down now that I have completed everything. That was an EXTREMELY hard map to complete. Those Helswath!Berserkers were a total nightmare.