Silas first reclass

Ngtunganh

That's a promotion not a reclass. My Silas has been falling behind in Res so I'd go Paladin personally, but you could always class change him into one of his other class lines then promote and pick-up basic skills from the other line in the first 2 levels after promotion.

Silas is a pretty balanced unit, which can be both an asset and a flaw. However this means he can fill a position you need depending on the version you are playing. If you are playing Conquest, you already have Xander who starts out as a Paladin so you don't really need another one. As stated above me, Silas does fall behind on Res so changing him to Paladin to fix it is always a good idea. With Birthright it doesn't matter as much as you can go either way, though I recommend going GK as there are not that many bulky classes in Birthright, they only other class reaching that much physical defense being Oni Cheiftain, which only Rinkah (who is pretty tanky) can get from her base class without having to reclass.

However Paladin is pretty balanced all around, and helps with Silas's speed, skill and res. It's not as tanky or hard hitting as GK but can still do a lot by itself especially since the only other person that has access to the Cavalier line in Birthright is Jakob or an Avatar who has it of that nature and I hear a lot of people say Jakob is good as a GK.

In all honesty it really is all up to you and what you need most for your team.

conquest: great knight to level 5 for luna>bow knight. Shuriken breaker, bows, and rally skill will all make your life much easier than pavise or armored blow in the lategame and silias has just enouh time to build up a real bow rank and his damage keeps up nicely with the higher skill growths/caps to abuse luna properly.

birthright: just do whatever you're playing birthright.

Edited by joshcja