Cultural Exchange Classes

Luankachu

Something that I found really interesting in Cipher was that they gave the Royal Siblings cards of them in classes that belong to the opposing faction, so I think it might be fun to speculate and discuss what classes could the non-royal characters be if they sided with the opposite nation. The cards I'm talking about are:

[spoiler=Onmyoji Xander and Wyvern Lord Ryoma]

B03-054HN%20Xander.pngB03-079HN%20Ryoma.png

[spoiler=Basara Camilla and Maid Hinoka]

B03-055HN%20Camilla.pngB03-080HN%20Hinoka.png

[spoiler=Samurai Leo and Cavalier Takumi]

B03-056N%20Leo.pngB03-081N%20Takumi.png

[spoiler=Ninja Elise and Knight Sakura]

B03-057N%20Elise.pngB03-082N%20Sakura.png

For example, I can see Arthur as a Samurai because of his code of honor and the Bushido that Samurai follow, and Rinka as a Fighter (for obvious reasons.)

Some characters already have classes from the opposing faction in their natural class sets (Laslow, Odin, Selena and Anna) so I think they can be excluded.

What do you think?

Diviner Niles

Samurai Arthur

Spear Fighter Effie

Ninja Beruka

Sky Knight Peri

Oni Savage Nyx

Oni Savage Charlotte

Sky Knight Benny

Archer Keaton

Dark Mage Saizo

Outlaw Kagero

Cavalier Azama

Troubadour Setsuna

Fighter Hinata

Wyvern Rider Oboro

Mercenary Subaki

Cavalier Hana

Wyvern Rider Rinkah

Dark Mage Hayato

I can see Xander being a Samurai, but after seeing the Onmyoji, I can oddly see that too as I can see him being the more priestly type.

Ryoma as a Wyvern Knight makes sense, especially regarding his connection with Scarlet.

Camilla doesnt fit as a Basara imo. Unfortunately I cant think of any of the Hoshidan Classes that fit her.

Ninja Elise is funny, but her and Sakura's classes would likely be reversed. Sakura being a Troubador, and Elise being a Priest.

Saizo and Kaze would be Cavaliers to keep with the Christmas Cavaliers that have been a staple in Fire Emblem.

I can see Kagero being a Maid oddly enough. I always got the idea that the Maids and Butlers are meant as Body Guards for the Royals, but are also trained as Maids and Butlers to be more unassuming to would be assassins, and to fill in that slot without the need to hire both jobs. So it could fit Kagero quite well.

Silas would be a Samurai, its the only class that makes sense.

I will put more in Spoiler tags for some spoiler characters and for not taking up half the page.

Garon I am unsure on. Non of the Hoshidan classes fit him except maybe Oni Chieftan for the Axe use.

Sumeragi would be a Paladin.

Yukimura would be a Strategist as it fits what his role is in Hoshido anyway.

Fuga would be a Great Knight for the continued weapon use, and Gunter would likely be a Master of Arms.

Leo I am unsure on, but maybe Dread Fighter.

Hinoka being a Maid makes no sense, but looks cute. She would likely be a Wyvern Rider or a Dark Flier since that is supposed to be a Nohrian class.

Orochi would be a Dark Mage, and Nyx would be the Hoshidan equivalent(cant remember its name).

Edited by Tolvir

I've observed a pattern.

Each of the "cultural exchange" classes used in cipher has a different weapon than their home kingdom version.

IE.

Xander - Sword -> Scrolls (Tome)

Camilla - Axe -> Naginata (Lance)

Leo - Tome -> Katana (Sword)

Elise - Staff/Tome -> Shuriken (Dagger)

Ryoma - Katana -> Axe (Club)

Hinoka - Lance -> Dagger (Shuriken)

Takumi - Yumi -> Lance (Naginata)

Sakura - Rod/Yumi -> Lance (Naginata)

Some characters already have classes from the opposing faction in their natural class sets (Laslow, Odin, Selena and Anna) so I think they can be excluded.

This is actually my favorite detail in the game because it reinforces the idea that the Awakening trio truly have no fixed ties to either nation.

As for the actual topic, Subaki seems very Knight to me. Just...that man's growths. I can also see the Butler someone else mentioned.