Need help with a couple of pairings in Birthright

MeddlingMage

I have a couple of pairings down. However I need help with some of them. Here is who I have paired already or is going to paired:

My Avatar (+Str/-Luck) + Kagero

Ryoma + Rinkah

Silas + Hinoka

Kaze + Mozu

Here's who I need help with:

Subaki

Saizo (thought about Felicia for him)

Takumi (thought about Oboro for him)

Hayato (can't decide between Sakura and Orochi)

Hinata (thought about Setsuna for him)

Azama

Jakob

Kaden

Any suggestions guys?

Edited by MeddlingMage

I normally do AzuraxJakob because it is a great support and one of my favorite in the game, I also like HaytoxSakura and KadenxOrochi.

Thanks. If I put Takumi with Oboro and Silas is already with Hinoka, who would you put with Subaki for Caeldori?

Or should I put Subaki with Oboro and find someone else for Takumi

Edited by MeddlingMage

Pair Hinata up with Kagero. It will make a DEADLY Hisame. Str cap +5 and Def & Res cap +2 along with reliable growths will allow Hisame to tear everything to shreds.

Edit: Never mind. Kagero is already taken. The other really good mother is Hinoka, but she's taken, too. A good alternative would be Hana, I guess. Hisame would suffer from poor Def, though. You can see all the stats here: https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/

It's your call.

Edited by KoolioKenneth

Oh man, Hinoka!Sophie is SO good. Good choice. Mozu!Midori was too slow for my liking, but at least she's cute. Lol.

Judging by your already picked pairings, I'm going to assume children are most important to you?

If so, Jakob!Shigure has been amazing for me. The inherited Wyvern Lord class is just the perfect icing on the cake. However, I felt like Dwyer was kind of meh so I benched him as soon as I got him. Maybe I just didn't give him a proper chance.

I married everyone else but didn't feel like the child units were anything special so I don't feel right recommending anyone else. ):

Kagero is already taken.

I fixed my first post. There's a helpful link there, if you need it.

Oh man, Hinoka!Sophie is SO good. Good choice. Mozu!Midori was too slow for my liking, but at least she's cute. Lol.

Judging by your already picked pairings, I'm going to assume children are most important to you?

If so, Jakob!Shigure has been amazing for me. The inherited Wyvern Lord class is just the perfect icing on the cake. However, I felt like Dwyer was kind of meh so I benched him as soon as I got him. Maybe I just didn't give him a proper chance.

I married everyone else but didn't feel like the child units were anything special so I don't feel right recommending anyone else. ):

According to the inheritance planner, Mozu!Midori has a 55% growth in Speed and a Speed cap boost of +5. Maybe you were just lucky, but Mozu!Midori is NOT slow. At all.

Edited by KoolioKenneth

I can change Kaze to a different girl. Kagero is my favorite girl in the game and I always wanted to marry my favorite girl in a video game.

I'm probably just going to bench Dwyer. The only kids I really want are:

Kana

Shiro

Midori

Rhajat

Caeldori

Shigure

I can change Kaze to a different girl. Kagero is my favorite girl in the game and I always wanted to marry my favorite girl in a video game.

Kana

Shiro

Midori

Rhajat

Caeldori

Shigure

Kiragi, Asugi, and Hisame are all better than Shigure and Caeldori, battle-wise. If you don't recruit them, you'll be missing out.

Kana

Shiro

Midori

Rhajat

Caeldori

Shigure

I would prioritize these first in addition to your planned pairings:

takumi x azura

subaki x oboro

hayato x sakura

keep in mind if you marry kagero you will be locked out of 1 child unit. personally would give dwyer a miss.

Edited by darkestdarkness

I'm probably just going to bench Dwyer.

Aw that's cute. Go ahead and marry Kagero. Also you don't need to change Kaze. Midori is still stronk as hell from Mozu's stat inheritence. Lol. I benched her but she was right behind Shigure and Sophie in terms of usefulness. Just pair her up if she ever needs extra speed. :)

According to the inheritance planner, Mozu!Midori has a 55% growth in Speed and a Speed cap boost of +5. Maybe you were just lucky, but Mozu!Midori is NOT slow. At all.

That's great for the inheritance planner but Midori is just slow in general. Lol. I also said for my liking, not that she was dead slow like...Orochi. Ouch. She's still good, especially with that luck.

I would prioritize these first in addition to your planned pairings:

takumi x azura

subaki x oboro

hayato x sakura

keep in mind if you marry kagero you will be locked out of 1 child unit. personally would give dwyer a miss.

I never really wanted Dwyer.

Would you put Hana or Setsuna for Hisame?

The ones I would recommend would be:

Hinata + Hana

Azama + Setsuna

Felicia + Subaki (Bolt Naginata works wonders on Caeldori.)

Takumi + Oboro (Popular pairing and they work well together. Kiragi certainly benefits from it.)

Hayato + Sakura ( Rhajat gets better skills from Sakura than she would from Orochi Imo. Renewal and Counter magic which offsets her bad resistance growth)

Saizo + Orochi ( My Asugi benefitted from the high skill with a good Rend Heaven. His skill shouldn't be a problem since he is a ninja to begin with, but by this point you'd probably have better ninjas either way so this could just be a filler)

Azama + Azura (Mitama is a good support unit also Shigure can't go wrong with the skills he can get from Azama. With Amaterasu and a few rally skills he can help nearby allies and with renewal he can roam with the pack without the need of an additional healer. )

Edit: Excuse the double post below. I was on my phone and I don't know how to delete on here.

Edited by JasonMendez

Hinata + Hana

Azama + Setsuna

Takumi + Oboro (Popular pairing and they work well together. Kiragi certainly benefits from it.)

Hayato + Sakura ( Rhajat gets better skills from Sakura than she would from Orochi Imo. Renewal and Counter magic which offsets her bad resistance growth)

Saizo + Orochi ( My Asugi benefitted from the high skill with a good Rend Heaven. His skill shouldn't be a problem since he is a ninja to begin with, but by this point you'd probably have better ninjas either way so this could just be a filler)

Azama + Azura (Mitama is a good support unit also Shigure can't go wrong with the skills he can get from Azama. With Amaterasu and a few rally skills he can help nearby allies and with renewal he can roam with the pack without the need of an additional healer. )

Hinata + Hana

Azama + Setsuna

Edit: Excuse the double post below. I was on my phone and I don't know how to delete on here.

Just checking but you have Azama twice. Once with Setsuna and then again with Azura.

If you are going to do Saizo/Orochi (one of the pairs Orochi does work with) I recommend putting Asugi into something more magical if you get him early enough. Orochi drops his strength but really complements his mag (57.5% before class bonuses) so doing Onmyoji--or if you're worried about speed, Dark Flier, would benefit.

If you get him late then ranks become an issue for tomes, but he'll use flame shuriken reasonably well.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Updated pairing list:

Corrin + Kagero

Ryoma + Rinkah (thanks for Death Blow, Jason)

Takumi + Oboro

Silas + Hinoka (I get my redheaded Sophie)

Hayato + Sakura

Kaze + Mozu

Azama + Azura

Saizo + Orochi

Subaki + Felicia (Caeldori with Bolt Naginata)

Kaden + Setsuna

Hinata + Hana (they are basically identical)