Bloodlines (2.4)

ghast

Yes, what I played so far was pretty fun, it was a little harder than I'm used to, but it was great nonetheless. I love Lemonie's sprite and name, she's absolutely adorable.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did enjoy what I've played of it, yes. I just felt the need to comment on a few issues I saw while playing.

okay, coo. I'll fix that house thingy when i have time

Yes, what I played so far was pretty fun, it was a little harder than I'm used to, but it was great nonetheless. I love Lemonie's sprite and name, she's absolutely adorable.

heh. tyty

The dog chase scene is 50 times funnier seeing it ingame than seeing it in the video, and it was really funny in the video XD

lmao yeyy

1235-FireEmblemUVenom_01_zpsc62748de.png

Aww hell naw! Did that kid just tell Bram to "Eat his veggies"?

Bram and his two swords ain't 'bout dat life!

Btw, how do I recruit Nilou and Sadaati?

get the lord to do his thing

Actually already got 'em

It kinda took a while just for me to get Bram to talk to the sisters.

In the first few turns when I got Bram near them, for some odd reason the "Talk" option pointing at them didn't come up until like the 4th turn of my run (??)

And Kudos to the talk conversations in pretty much most of the chapters though. It did show us a little bit in depth of who these people are (my favorite being Agalli, because of how he's a very smart no nonsense guy plus the character he is portrayed as, personality wise, is just awesome aside from his MANRY beard)

Actually already got 'em

It kinda took a while just for me to get Bram to talk to the sisters.

In the first few turns when I got Bram near them, for some odd reason the "Talk" option pointing at them didn't come up until like the 4th turn of my run (??)

And Kudos to the talk conversations in pretty much most of the chapters though. It did show us a little bit in depth of who these people are (my favorite being Agalli, because of how he's a very smart no nonsense guy plus the character he is portrayed as, personality wise, is just awesome aside from his MANRY beard)

that's strange... ill need to check. that shouldn't happen hahahah. haha yes tyty

So it wasn't intentional that their recruitment talk would be a bit delayed?

I kinda thought it was for situational purposes but yeah, everything else looks pretty good

aside from that minor issue.

Speaking of issue....... I noticed that Tyren just called Kent's mom Nobia a "commoner" when they talk in 1-4.

Was that really him or was that an error with the textbox?

On chapter 1-3 and everything looks good so far, except from a few minor things:

Sadaati also likes to heal people with full health in Chapter 1-3, instead of healing INJURED units, so I dunno what that's about.

I also got a black screen while skipping the text in the leftmost village (of the two on the bottom left) on the 1-3 chapter.

I'll try and get beyond where I am and see if I notice anything else that's wrong, but I'm bad, so it may take me a while.

im not quite sure why the screen goes black after this, i'm also getting normal AI behaviour from sadaati too :\

and @nathan, i can talk to sadaati right off the bat. So that's weird

Edited by Y.O.L.O Dewey

Hmm...I'd reckon that's probably to do with event IDs not triggering because of the emulator...but it could be something else.

btw Keegs I've played through this up to chapter 4 and I have to say it's interesting so far, good job :D

Chapter 4 has a game breaking bug where whenever I attack the animations freeze :/ I can send you a save file on skype if you want :)

Actually I could try turning off animations for the time being

So it wasn't intentional that their recruitment talk would be a bit delayed?

I kinda thought it was for situational purposes but yeah, everything else looks pretty good

aside from that minor issue.

Speaking of issue....... I noticed that Tyren just called Kent's mom Nobia a "commoner" when they talk in 1-4.

Was that really him or was that an error with the textbox?

nathan, was chapter 4's animations working for you?

The difficulty is pretty high in this hack. I would suggest toning it down a bit for future releases by making playable characters stronger. It doesn't really make sense that the renowned Tempest can get killed by a random thug in a couple of hits. The dialogue has some mistakes in it, but I'm sure you can find them if you proofread the script again. Also, Bram and co. seem really low on money, I actually ran out of weapons at one point and had no means to buy any more. As mercenaries, you should give them some gold to work with.

Other than that, good story, great characters, and nice hack overall.

Edited by Arion

The difficulty is pretty high in this hack. I would suggest toning it down a bit for future releases by making playable characters stronger. It doesn't really make sense that the renowned Tempest can get killed by a random thug in a couple of hits.

Hector, who has trained since he was a little boy, can also be killed by a random thug in several hits.

Hector, who has trained since he was a little boy, can also be killed by a random thug in several hits.

That doesn't even compare. Bram is supposed to be a well-known fighter, and he even has a nickname to suggest how powerful he is, yet his stats put him at the same level (or weaker) than everyone else in the player's squad. Anyways, it's totally up to the hack creator how difficult he wants to make his hack, but I'm just noting that it's fairly difficult.

sounds like you were just rng screwed hahaha. And I don't see why you're spending so much money anyway. you have end up with 5k by chapter 2, that's enough to get through for a while

sounds like you were just rng screwed hahaha. And I don't see why you're spending so much money anyway. you have end up with 5k by chapter 2, that's enough to get through for a while

Possibly so. I had a couple levels where all he gained was HP and Luck or something of that sort. Never had a particularly great level.

Did I miss the event or something? I didn't have any money whatsoever when there was an armory.

That doesn't even compare. Bram is supposed to be a well-known fighter, and he even has a nickname to suggest how powerful he is, yet his stats put him at the same level (or weaker) than everyone else in the player's squad. Anyways, it's totally up to the hack creator how difficult he wants to make his hack, but I'm just noting that it's fairly difficult.

I'm just surprised - I playtested it fairly extensively, and I'm at best a mediocre FE player (I don't even play for LTC), yet I never encountered serious difficulty outside of maybe Chapter 3 (And the Chapter 4 prototype Lemonie please)

I'd argue not checking a house is player error.

Edited by Siuloir

I'm just surprised - I playtested it fairly extensively, and I'm at best a mediocre FE player (I don't even play for LTC), yet I never encountered serious difficulty outside of maybe Chapter 3 (And the Chapter 4 prototype Lemonie please)

I'd argue not checking a house is player error.

I'm not a professional FE player either, but I'm fairly experienced in turn-based strategy games... I'm not saying Bloodlines is too hard, just that it's somewhat difficult. It might just be that the story of the game (Bram the mighty Tempest, his amazing puppy that Animals can sense great power in, a bow-wielding crow of some status, etc.) didn't match up with the difficulty for me. In the early fog of war chapter, I didn't notice the reinforcements coming in from the right side and Bram got killed in two hits. It just seemed kind of weird.

Not checking a house is fully player error, and I admit that, but it still doesn't make sense for a supposedly-famous mercenary and his troop to have no money at all otherwise. It's just a suggestion :)

Edited by Arion

I'm not a professional FE player either, but I'm fairly experienced in turn-based strategy games... I'm not saying Bloodlines is too hard, just that it's somewhat difficult. It might just be that the story of the game (Bram the mighty Tempest, his amazing puppy that Animals can sense great power in, a bow-wielding crow of some status, etc.) didn't match up with the difficulty for me. In the early fog of war chapter, I didn't notice the reinforcements coming in from the right side and Bram got killed in two hits. It just seemed kind of weird.

Not checking a house is fully player error, and I admit that, but it still doesn't make sense for a supposedly-famous mercenary and his troop to have no money at all otherwise. It's just a suggestion :)

i just position bram on the trees and fortress and he tends to dodge everything and dishes out mean damage.

edit: to be fair, usually early game tends to be a bit harder than later game because you're just dealing with the bases of characters as opposed to levels down the line, where they usually strive or generics. And Bram's bases are naturally better than bandits and shit. and down the line in most playthroughs he starts ballin out of control. I mean you can argue that eliwood or hector shouldn't be losing to bandits either but they're level one.

Edited by Y.O.L.O Dewey