Super Robot Wars

Rei

Anyone here play any of the games?

I've played the first SRW on the Gameboy, OG1 and 2 in english, W, Alpha Portable, and if some people count it SRW OG Saga: Mugen no Frontier.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No such game as Alpha portable. AP is cool, though.

Though I've played J, W, Z, A, R and OG1+2.

And I'll play Alpha as soon as I find it.

Said Alpha in habit lol, A Portable I meant >_<. Alpha and A are different lol.

How did you like Z? The fact that there are 2 different animations for Final Dynamic Special is <3333

It was great. I just wish it came out at a different time. Haven't been in the mood to play a game straight through in a long while.

But I'll probably read a storyline guide eventually and then play again.

I need to get a modded PS2 / Japanese one lol. I need to play SRW @3, OGs, OG Gaiden, and Z.

I have Super Robot Taisen: OG. If that counts.

OG1 I'm guessing, that's an english game, right? There are two OG games in english.

Anyone here have favorite OG mechs?'

My faves are Grungust Type-0, any Trombe unit (just because it's fucking Elzam), Gespenst MKII-S (It's a super robot that looks like cannon fodder just because of Gespenst Kick lol), Daizengar, Cybuster, KouRyuOh, and the of course Apotheosized Yadabiout (go Folka~!).

I was thinking about adding the Valzacard, but it's just so crazily overpowered I dunno. Strong effin attacks, dodges a lot, over 20k HP, and has like 6 pilots to choose from for skills. WAAAAAY too powerful.

Edited by Rei

OG1 I'm guessing, that's an english game, right? There are two OG games in english.

Anyone here have favorite OG mechs?'

My faves are Grungust Type-0, any Trombe unit (just because it's fucking Elzam), Gespenst MKII-S (It's a super robot that looks like cannon fodder just because of Gespenst Kick lol), Daizengar, Cybuster, KouRyuOh, and the of course Apotheosized Yadabiout (go Folka~!).

I was thinking about adding the Valzacard, but it's just so crazily overpowered I dunno. Strong effin attacks, dodges a lot, over 20k HP, and has like 6 pilots to choose from for skills. WAAAAAY too powerful.

Yes, OG1.

I played one for the gameboy. I don't remember the name of it because it was in chinese. It was my first turn based strategy game. I was crazy addicted to it until I let my friend borrow it and the whole thing with him breaking it.

Anyone here play any of the games?

I've played the first SRW on the Gameboy, OG1 and 2 in english, W, Alpha Portable, and if some people count it SRW OG Saga: Mugen no Frontier.

I play Srw Ex, 4, F, FF, @, @ gaiden, @2, @3, A, D, J, Z , OG, OG, OGG already. My most favorite is Z gundam and Wing gundam.

In OG, my most favorite is...Cybaster.

But, Srw have so much mech from a lot of series so most of non main mech will be suck just like Boss Borot.

I've played most of the later games and am on my second run of Z

as for my Fav mechs Balgora Gunleon Shurouga the Excllence series Alt Eisen Weiss Ritter and Astranagant just to name a few (heh who am I kidding I love em all)

I've played most of the later games and am on my second run of Z

as for my Fav mechs Balgora Gunleon Shurouga the Excllence series Alt Eisen Weiss Ritter and Astranagant just to name a few (heh who am I kidding I love em all)

Heh? You like the strongest ones huh?

Actually, I hate super robot kind, all of them. The real robot kind is coolest!

Edited by Collete

Any of the OG reals you like the most

And I kinda left it out of my last post but I find the Ganduro (Giganscudo Duro) more useful then most give it credit for (High Hp and armor post move mapw and a G-territory to top it all off) I use it on every stage I can :D .

Edited by Black Ace

Any of the OG reals you like the most

And I kinda left it out of my last post but I find the Ganduro (Giganscudo Duro) more useful then most give it credit for (High Hp and armor post move mapw and a G-territory to top it all off) I use it on every stage I can :D .

Ganduro is the toughest mech and it's attack is very good, even boss will need time to destroy it.

Haha I put Russel in the Gigan since he's a great tank pilot, though he does lack accelerate like Tasuku.

As for real types, Ratsel's Huckebein MK-III, Gespenst MK II-S, Gespenst MK2 Custom.

As for Real type pilots, my favorite is Kai lol. (why are the agressors so awesome)

They're all pretty easy these days; bosses were at their hardest in the classic series. That was when Neo Granzon, the GUEST, the Inspectors, etc were real bastards to take down. Then again, even Aura Battler grunts were also huge pains back then. Bosses in the series in general aren't exceptionally hard- they're more akin to super powered mooks than some great nemesis. Spend your SP properly and they go down with 1-3 turns and you take minimal damage and no casualties in the new games.

I played through the English released of OGI+II. What keeps me away from the rest of the series is lack of hardware and its not easy to play in Japanese if you lack photographic memory for Kanji.

While Fire Emblem has icons or numbers that make sense for everything you need to know SRT doesn't. The skills for instance...how about abilities?

And the games that have English translations were either rubbish (the first one) or have aged way too badly (SRT3...is Amaro meant to be the only usable unit on the first map?).

This is probably contraversial regarding OGII. I prefer the Huckebein Gunner to the Huckebein Boxer...the gunner is fun with Ryoto having hit and away and a few units on it...seriously, its got huge range and can travel an absolute mile (I recall 12 spaces) as well as move after firing it really is my doomsday weapon...if it didn't have the tendancy to use up all its juice and have to retreat and get resupplied. Also, I can't remember if it was good to split&combine abuse it* or not?

*-With SRX only Ryusei needs to ne non-greyed so start of turn, split. Have Elzam and Aya fire, combine and use SRX...

*-With SRX only Ryusei needs to ne non-greyed so start of turn, split. Have Elzam and Aya fire, combine and use SRX...

*Rai* not Elzam. Elzam was Ratsel in OG2 and was in his pretty Aussenseiter. Rai is in the R2.

I'm a big fan of the series in general. Of course SRW, SRW 3, and OGs 1 and 2 are the only games available translated completely. Which is a real shame. I've been playing Alpha lately, with battle skills and what have you translated, but following the story becomes tedious, because I have to read an online translation of the events.

I wish they'd just bring them over to the states, but I understand how impossible that is.