Super Robot Wars

Rei

I dont know if this is already known but for those playing the ps3 srw theres a gamebreaking bug. Before chapter 40 ensure that Excellen isn't the sub pilot of the type 3 (the mech combined from the plane and drill).

Otherwise in the next map it will bug by putting Bullet in Kyosuke's squad while Excellen in her own thus bugging the dialouge and prevents the game from going further and since forced squads cant be adjusted, the only way to fix this is start from an earlier battle/save ( if your battle save is in chapter 39 you'll need to get a game over to return to the intermission menu), otherwise you'll have to start the game over.

Edited by Generic Operator

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SRW UX

http://i.imgur.com/Lv4Ne.jpg

Full cast list

-Linebarrels of Iron

-Fafner: Heaven and Earth

-Ninja Senshi Tobikage

-Aura Battler Dunbine

-Dancouga Nova

-Macross F movies

-Demonbane

-Wings of Rean

-Fei Yin HD

-Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer

-Gundam: SEED-Destiny

-SD Gundam Three Kingdoms

-Heroman

-Mazinkaiser SKL

Edited by Cybuster

Release date being March 14. Goddamnit why did this system have to have to a damn Region lock. It's either buying a Japanese 3DS or waiting years for Flash Cards to play 3DS games if that'll ever be possible.

Also I'm surprised there's no Getter or UC gundam in there.

Edited by Sirius

Oh, a new SRW game I'll never play. Yep. Well anyway...

I like that cast list. Sure, I don't know like a third of them, and only heard about with another third. But I see stuff like Dunbine finally being back. On second thought, I retract somewhat about not being able to play it. I HATE fighting Aura Battlers. :dry: And Tobikage finally makes a second appearance. What a lifesaver it was in Compact 2. And I'm curious about the implementation of stuff like the Gundam 00 movie and Heroman.

Release date being March 14. Goddamnit why did this system have to have to a damn Region lock. It's either buying a Japanese 3DS or waiting years for Flash Cards to play 3DS games if that'll ever be possible.

Also I'm surprised there's no Getter or UC gundam in there.

It's for the 3DS? Oh, so that's what that thing aaaaaall the way back about a 3DS SRW game was about.

Really, a surprise? Personally I have stopped considering the still growing list of missing appearances. At least Getter gets to appear more often, but yeah, not every single game anymore. If it's any consolation, UC Gundam will get at least represented somewhat by SD Gundam Three Kingdoms.

The very first thing I noticed on that list is lack of Getter, sure it's been in like all of em but we could at least got neo getter(I think that's the one with Gou)

Also, nobody says anything about miku-bot...?(That is odd)

I guess i'm still pumped for Dancouga Nova, Dunbine, and Mazinkaizer... I wonder if thats the whole line-up though

The very first thing I noticed on that list is lack of Getter, sure it's been in like all of em but we could at least got neo getter(I think that's the one with Gou)

Also, nobody says anything about miku-bot...?(That is odd)

I guess i'm still pumped for Dancouga Nova, Dunbine, and Mazinkaizer... I wonder if thats the whole line-up though

lol, she even has leeks for weapons. XD

Yep, that's the whole lineup.

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D6ALAgHdmyM

OMG it has it's own 3DS skin!!! Though I find it a bit lacking in design.

lol, she even has leeks for weapons. XD

Yep, that's the whole lineup.

Also...

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=D6ALAgHdmyM

OMG it has it's own 3DS skin!!! Though I find it a bit lacking in design.

That line-up is also missing Banpresto Originals, I cant believe I didn't notice that first, that's what makes me think that list isn't complete

and I kinda like that 3ds, it reminds me of space stages in SRW 3 (Or in general, really)

That line-up is also missing Banpresto Originals, I cant believe I didn't notice that first, that's what makes me think that list isn't complete

and I kinda like that 3ds, it reminds me of space stages in SRW 3 (Or in general, really)

Has the Banpresto Originals ever had a spot in the cast lists? I don't remember.

If they had, then I still wouldn't think it means the list is incomplete. Who knows, it could be that they are pulling a Compact and feature no originals at all. In fact, I liked that detail of Compact. So far only it and the very first one (if you don't count Mecha Gilgilgan) lacked any originals at all. I think they should do that again, if not this game, then eventually.

It may be just me, but I think it's a bit plain with just an illustration of a stage. It doesn't even seem to have units in there. But I guess it's nice in it's own way I guess.

Has the Banpresto Originals ever had a spot in the cast lists? I don't remember.

If they had, then I still wouldn't think it means the list is incomplete. Who knows, it could be that they are pulling a Compact and feature no originals at all. In fact, I liked that detail of Compact. So far only it and the very first one (if you don't count Mecha Gilgilgan) lacked any originals at all. I think they should do that again, if not this game, then eventually.

It may be just me, but I think it's a bit plain with just an illustration of a stage. It doesn't even seem to have units in there. But I guess it's nice in it's own way I guess.

IIRC, I think the GBA SRWs had Banpresto Originals on their lists... I haven't actually played Compact yet but, I do happen to remember Mecha Gilgilgan...*shakes fist angrily*

Alright, I checked the Z2-1 list posted way back in this thread, and doesn't have Banpresto Originals in there either despite they do appear. Well, I can see this going either way then about being in the game or not.

I'm always disappointed when a cast list is posted and Gunbuster isn't on it. As for the rest of the list, it is good that Dunbine is on there because it'll be nice to have Shou come back. It's just a shame that it means those irritating aura battler enemies will come back with him. Also, has there ever been a game with the original Macross cast in it? I've seen Macross come up on some of these lists before, but I've always been a bit disappointed that it wasn't the original. (Not really up on all the details for most of the series, so it might be a dumb question.)

But hey, I can't complain about a second reason to care about a 3DS. :)

The Alpha games (except for Alpha 2) have been the only appearances made by the original Macross cast.

You know, I agree a bit. The original should come back. 7 and F already have a decent amount appearances, the original (and + I guess) should return.

2nd OG is not bad I guess, currently working my way through it the first time. Thinking of making my next run either all male or all female.

Anyone know how hard EX Hard mode is? Planning my next run since this one will be done by next weekend.

2nd OG is not bad I guess, currently working my way through it the first time. Thinking of making my next run either all male or all female.

Anyone know how hard EX Hard mode is? Planning my next run since this one will be done by next weekend.

Im playing ex-hard mode (on chapter 48 atm). In my opinion its not hard (unless your going for all masteries) its almost like a no upgrade run its just annoying since some characters cant get a stable hit rate against some grunt units especially battleships until you can get accuracy parts.

I recommend using:

Lefina: Command lvl 4 plus her ace bonus helps a lot to hit/evade enemies, especially since she has strike in the beginning and a decent move weapon making it easier for her to get her kills compared to Tetsuya where his sub-pilot learns it as a last skill and a crappy on move weapon. (Its a very slow grind for him since hit rates and expensive focus.)

Ibis: Just because shes forced on some maps making it easier. Durability and damage is average till Hyperion.

Raul: Another repair/resupplier helps a lot in this mode.

SRX Team: Even without upgrades SRX is really good only some enemies can deal enough to break the telekenetic field, good damage, abd spirit skills.

Mai: SP regen + early attune + support attack very helpful.

Viletta: Maximum break plus 130 will tronium cannon for SRX also still good on her own.

Kai: Maximum break and more mobile in giving others command, though he might not reach lvl 4 command he does have soul instead of valor/hot blooded.

Gilliam: SP regen, great stats, ammo based weapons. I like pairing him and Russel.

Russel: Support defend, great defense, great support commands, cheap sychronize.

Rahda: Great support commands and pretty large SP limit though costs are a bit expensive and she has some trouble hitting.

Rishu: Level 9 prevail is too good, plus his initial skill stat lets him double enemies for a long time.

Ratsel and Sanger: Heavy damage and reliability.

Axel, Lamia, Alfimi: Same as above

Saphine: Exhausting bosses has trouble hitting stuff.

Shu: Great stats and mech saves him alot of SP though his move is low.

(Rest with whoever you want.)

Hopefully this helps.

I'm playing through ex-hard and recording video. Since my first playthrough was a no pp/upgrade run, ex-hard is only slightly more difficult to me. I'm working on cutting my counts.. trying to clear the game under 300 turns on ex-hard (there's 62 stages).

It's a slight difficulty increase, but it's still not a difficult game aside from a couple scenarios here and there. In fact it's one of the easiest Ex-Hard modes next to Alpha 3. The large majority of scenarios are nowhere near Z Ex-Hard or other SRW games like Alpha Gaiden or A Portable.

I'm also working on a tier list but I'd like to complete ex-hard first.

Ex-Hard video playlist:

So like

for Ex-hard mode

you can't upgrade anything?

What exactly are the handicaps?

Yep no mech or pilot upgrades(no skills or stats customization). Mechs that come already upgraded in a normal game becomes 0%(ex: Shu who has 50% upgraded goes down to 0) and finally you just stay in hard difficulty regardless of masteries. Though in this game for your second run your pilots get 50% of the kills he/she had in your first run.

Man that sounds mega hard (to someone like me who is super casual in playing SRW). Is there a special mode in this game? Like, in OGs at least there was a reason to play through EX Hard mode. I don't wanna start one if it's not gonna be worth anything but a trophy.

Man that sounds mega hard (to someone like me who is super casual in playing SRW). Is there a special mode in this game? Like, in OGs at least there was a reason to play through EX Hard mode. I don't wanna start one if it's not gonna be worth anything but a trophy.

Yep there is special mode in this game you can just do another normal mode run on the same file to unlock it instead of doing ex-hard.

Yep no mech or pilot upgrades(no skills or stats customization). Mechs that come already upgraded in a normal game becomes 0%(ex: Shu who has 50% upgraded goes down to 0) and finally you just stay in hard difficulty regardless of masteries. Though in this game for your second run your pilots get 50% of the kills he/she had in your first run.

how comparable is it to OG2 ex hard mode or whatever it's called there?

how comparable is it to OG2 ex hard mode or whatever it's called there?

I haven't played ex-hard mode on OG2, but from what my brother tells me OG2 is harder since enemies get +3 more upgrades so you'll be seeing fully upgraded grunts and enemies with more stats. Plus those HP regen bosses makes your character choices limited.

The only bonus enemies get in ps3 OG (I think) is just more kills so they get their ace bonus faster. Not too threatening since grunts get +5% accuracy and evade and some bosses just cast confuse at 40%hp. The only ace bonus that is a threat are ones that cast zeal every turn at certain will, probably the only thing you have to worry about are grunts since when 5 and 6 upgraded grunts show up even Ratsel has a hard time surviving if hes frontlining.