Post opinions on the last game you have played

Lethakitty

exactly what it says. I want to hear peoples opinion on the last game they have got and started playing. you don't have to have finish the game yet.

For Me:

Tales of Xillia 2: I would say I feel like I am about halfway through the game. When it comes to the game I keep having mixed feelings on aspects of the game. I think the Debt is a stupid plot device and The main protagonist Ludger has no real reason to be a Silent protagonist. However I find the combat very entertaining and the story is simple at times but I feel like the story is good. I like the combat variety of Ludger and the weakness system actually feels like it maters for once in a tales game. However I find the boss of ch 7 to be a difficulty spike. At least as someone who never played Xillia 1 I feel like I am really not missing much. When ranking it to the other 3 tales games I have played it keeps changing between third favorite and favorite. Right now it is my second favorite tales game

If I had to give it an early review score I would give it an 8/10

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished it again so

Super Paper Mario:

I'll start with this game's #1 strength, the writing is top notch for the Mario series. The locales are creative, with every chapter being unique. The characters (villains especially) are very likable, and such.

As for what I dislike, well, I really wish the game played more like TTYD. I'm not good at platforming (at all) so it got in the way on occasion, particularly 3-3 and 7-3 which involved a lot of going up. Replacing partners with pixls isn't very good, since pixls don't have any lines after they join you.

It's a good game on its own, though the dramatic gameplay change makes me prefer TTYD.

I also recently played Super Paper Mario lol

Super Paper Mario has enjoyable gameplay and colourful visuals. The writing is fun, and I never really felt like it was a chore.

But most of the antagonists are absolutely awful. I hate Bleck. I hate O'Chunks. I hate Dimentio. I hate Mimi. I hate Mr. L. Nastasia is the only good ones. The music is hit or miss.

Sticker Star is overall superior in almost every way. But SPM is still pretty fun, and far better than the Thousand Year Door.

Hoo boy, Persona 4. I wrote a long post about why I consider it one of the best written games out there (in spite of frustrating anime poppycock) many months ago, but playing through it again I'm reminded of just how stellar the gameplay is as well. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time, and I'm really looking forward to the fifth one coming soon, even if the premise doesn't sit well with me.

I played Touken Ranbu last..

On map 6-1 and can't use any of my Tachi's because of the stat disadvantages from night mode battles :/ Gonna have to train up other swords.

Never got the new swords from the last event and wasted my resources/etc.

Other than that, I'll give it an 8/10 for gameplay and 6/10 for plot.

Kirby Planet Robobot:

Solid Kirby game. Been fan of the series for a long time, and this game is no exception. It's almost a love letter to the series as a whole, as it contains so many references to older games in the series!

Onto a few select topics...

-The Robobot sections were MUCH more enjoyable than the Hypernova sections in Triple Deluxe. No more annoying and bland segments with boring puzzles, now we have fun more fast paced and somewhat challenging sections!

-I also really enjoyed the comeback of Mirror and Jet, the former being extremely fun to use. The new copy abilities, Doctor, Poison and Psi, were also very fun, with Psi being my equivalent to TD's Archer, able to take down bosses extremely quickly.

-Then there's the bosses. While they are extremely fun, they aren't really that hard. While I can excuse the first 2 or 3 bosses for being easy, the final fights were honestly a joke. I'm not expecting Kirby games to be extremely challenging nor even tough to beat, but 12 Hours to get 100% is... a bit lacking.

-Back on the positive, the extra modes were absolutely a blast. Team Kirby Clash was very fun, and 3D Rumble was... interesting to say the least. But still very fun.

[spoiler=Boss and Story Spoilers]

-Seeing Dark Matter Swordsman come back was really hype. While it's not Zero or 02, it's still very awesome to see it come back in a way that actually makes sense.

-Sectonia coming back was unexpected and unnecessary, but not awful. I would've prefered Daroach or someone else come back instead.

-Honestly, Galacta Knight was way too easy, especially for being the final boss of a whole mode.

-Meta Knightmare Returns was really REALLY fun! I love the mechanic of the Orb things and using them for powerups. I really hope they keep that type of formula for the next game.

-When you actually look at the story and lore of Kirby, Star Dream looking like Nova makes sense. Kirby Lore is actually really damn interesting if you dig into it.

TL;DR: This game is an absolute blast, but it's a bit too short and a bit too easy even for a Kirby game.

Edited by TrueEm

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam:

This one was hit or miss. The story felt a bit too generic, especially compared to BiS and Dream Team, both of which had, IMO, pretty good stories. The humor was still top notch, though. I liked most of the trio attacks. The regular enemies were a bit meh, generally. I was dissapointed that there wasn't a unique world like BiS and Dream Team had. On the other hand, the bosses were fantastic. They were definitely a step up in terms of difficulty, but most of them were difficult in a fair way.

Legend of Zelda Adventures of Link:

I am at the 3rd temple and all I can say about this game is it is very humbling because I thought I was getting pretty good a gaming but this game makes me rethink my skill level. On the other hand I will be very proud of myself when I beat it.

I tend to split my time between games and so briefly cover what I'm currently playing and what I recently beat

Currently Playing

PS4: The Witcher 3 - not too far into the game, but I highly recommend it it's really good it's like playing a fantasy Shelock Holmes, the game is really really long so not sure when I will finish this one, it will take me quite a few months especially with school on now

3DS (VC): Link to the Past - Believe it or not despite being a big Zelda fan this is my first time playing the game, and so far I'm enjoying it, I still prefer every 3D Zelda to 2D Zelda, but it's great anyways.

Recently Finished

Wii U: Tokyo Mirage Sessions it was umm..... Ok, really I'm not quite sure why I bought this game, and had it been any longer I definitely would not have finished it. I guess it was mostly intense curiosity as I wanted to see how the game would even work and I like trying weird games. In the end an RPG without exploration just doesn't work that well for me (unless your Mass Effect and even I felt far more like I was exploring in that then this). The combat system is pretty cool and I admire the games dedication to its premise and theming. Other than that I don't find much that stands out about this game. Overall Score 7.5 (good not great)

PC: AM2R so fun fact I have never completed a Metroid game before this I have played many of them, I have never beaten any of them, I always end up getting lost or I hit the barrier of technical skill I do not have (in the case of Fusion). Needless to say I've gotten a little bit better at navigation over the years so I was up to handle this game. Anyways my overall review is that the game is absolutely no right to be as good as it is because this is the best Metroid game I've played ( though I plan on replaying the Prime games when I can to doublecheck that), absolutely find and play this game. The pacing, exploration, and atmosphere is just incredible. Overall Score 9.0 (amazing)

Mabye when I have time I'll edit with last months finished games which are Dragon Quest 5, Kirby Planet Roboto and Uncharted 4

Edited by Locke087

Fire Emblem 6: Binding Blade.

I have started playing through this game the first time (first real attempt at it atleast) about a year ago.... I have been procrastinating it, so I decided I will go back and finish it. I just finished a chapter a few minutes ago. 18-Sacae: The Law of Sacae. I like this game. It also doesn't feel too hard on normal mode.

Legend of Zelda Adventures of Link:

I am at the 3rd temple and all I can say about this game is it is very humbling because I thought I was getting pretty good a gaming but this game makes me rethink my skill level. On the other hand I will be very proud of myself when I beat it.

I like Zelda 2, and I know how you feel. Once you think you are good at the game, the game takes you down a notch. The last path you take before you get to the final temple almost drove me crazy.

I'm currently playing two games right now:

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation (Hard mode)

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY. I already beat this game one time and already know how horrible the story is. Hard mode just hammers in the point to me of how terrible the gameplay is. Who thought this was a good idea.

Xenoblade Chronicles X:

Still playing this game almost a year later (haven't started Ch. 6), mostly because I play console games with the frequency of a blue moon and at the rate of a snail. However, I personally love the game. This is the first game I've played so far that gave me actual exploration experience and still awes me with the beautiful graphics of the environments and the sheer size/design of the many monsters you see in the game. Especially those Lv. 60+ Tyrants.

The combat is fun too, but I still don't like how almost nothing about advanced combat is ever explained. I'm still confused by what it means when it "deals more damage in a melee/range combo". Not to mention because you can't remove your character from the party and Elma and Lin are required for all story missions and a lot of the affinity ones, Elma + Lin will constantly be 3-8 levels a head of everyone else while your character is ~9 levels ahead of them.

Mario Kart 7.

It's great! It's Mario Kart. It introduced my favorite course in the series, Neo Bowser City. However, while I do think it's great, I can't help but wish there was...more. Why isn't there a free race mode? I want to race the tracks in any order I want, freely. I don't want to have to do a whole Grand Prix just to race one darn course.

Aria of Sorrow is the first Castlevania game im playing (Don't worry, i promise i'll play III and SotN in the near future) and it's been a pretty great experience, the Souls mechanic is very fun to use (Althrough switching between the movement-oriented ones is a bit of a pain sometimes) and the gameplay, while nothing to really write home about, is still entertaining nonetheless. Seems to be shaping up for a strong 7/10 for me. (If it gets better, it might become a 8/10)

Mario Kart 7.

It's great! It's Mario Kart. It introduced my favorite course in the series, Neo Bowser City. However, while I do think it's great, I can't help but wish there was...more. Why isn't there a free race mode? I want to race the tracks in any order I want, freely. I don't want to have to do a whole Grand Prix just to race one darn course.

Wait, MK7 removed VS modes? Why? That doesn't make any sense!

At least MK8 re-added it, then...

Wait, MK7 removed VS modes? Why? That doesn't make any sense!At least MK8 re-added it, then...

MK7 also commited thd greatteat sin of all.

They removed Waluigi as a playable character!

It would be one thing if it was a meaningless, bland, second-rate character with no importance like Luigi or Daisy, but they removed Waluigi, the most important Mario character of all time!

Back on topic, I recently completed a game for the PS4 called Grand Kingdom, is sorta of a TRPG mixed with regular RPG.

The gameplay is awesome, the music is amazing, the voice acting is top-notch, the character designs are something I would like to see in a FE game.

You guys should definively give this game a try.

Stella Glow:

I thought the game was a pretty darn good SRPG and have enjoyed it way more than Fire Emblem Fates, I liked how while the character cast is much smaller than Fire Emblem, they all feel unique and fit in specific roles. The story was good albeit predictable at times, but the characters were surprisingly deep for the most part, and I like the song and conducting mechanics. I'd give it something like a 9 if I'm being unbiased and a 10 if I'm being biased. So let's call it an excellent and high 9/10 I really enjoyed this game and am currently playing through NG+ too.

Edited by Rxmonste

Well, I was replaying Conquest last night so...

It's fucking fantastic, the level design is top notch, the characters are great, the story, while terrible, isn't bad enough to make me overly angry like Birthrout, Rev, RD, MGS5, or Halo 5. I can honestly say Conquest is right up there with my favorite games of all time, Crash 3 and Sonic Generations.

For me it was the first 2 Corpse Party games.

That was quite different from the games I usually plays, but that was... interrestng.

I'm not really a fan of horror games usually, but it made me understand why Horror can works so well in a video game.

It was completely screwed up (when wrong ending are less terrible than right ending, Something isn't right...), but it was a... FASCINATING experience.

What I appreciated was that there was still a good part left to the imagination (for the first game, thanks to the use of sprites mainly.)

Rabi Ribi.

I thought it was just some lame fanservicey platformer but it's actually fun and challenging. The boss battles remind me of Touhou and Mega Man, and the level design is Metroidvania-like, making exploration fun and rewarding. The dialogue and characters are ok, but I haven't proggressed enough in the story to speak much about it.

And before that, Stella Glow. This is what I said about it in another topic:

"I like Stella Glow, and I admit I have no idea why. The gameplay is slow and it [the difficulty] is really easy even when you do missions above your level (as far as my experience tells. I'm on chapter 7, or whichever is that chapter after the Earth Witch), the tactical part is more for show than anything else (differently from Luminous Arc, which had some hard parts that required strategical thinking), the characters are fun and multifaceted but also very straightforward, the story is pretty standard and the twists are predictable most of the time. Nothing to complain about the graphics (some scenes are simply beautiful) and music, which are its strongest points imo. It also got the best voice acting that I've heard (from the US industry at least).

And despite all that, I still like it. Go figure."

Wait, MK7 removed VS modes? Why? That doesn't make any sense!

At least MK8 re-added it, then...

Yeah, there's only, like...four modes. Grand Prix, Time Trial, Coin Battle, and Balloon Battle. It's a good, fun game, and it introduced some cool things, like the gliders and stuff, but it really needs a VS or free race mode.

Lords of the Fallen: looked really interesting. Almost like a Dark Souls lite. Character customization was lacking, but I enjoyed the classes and thought the spells were interesting. The game got too repetitive too early. Fighting almost 3 bosses in the first hour was a bit too much, and I didn't care about any of the story or characters, making the decisions lose any weight. I ended up sending it back into gamefly as it just wasn't that great. It had a lot of potential to be fun and interesting, but it made too many smaller bad decisions that just added up.

Looked great thoug. The armor and weapons all looked good, and it did a good job of making you feel bad ass from the start. Starting off with good looking armor and weapons, and even a few spells. The sounds were great, and made the attacks almost feel like there was actual weight behind it, especially with the hammers. Never got enough of hitting someone so hard with a war hammer that I sent them crashing into a nearby wall and hearing the sound of that large piece of metal smack against someone with an echo. So satisfying. But overall, the visuals and sounds weren't good enough to keep me playing.

Edited by Tolvir

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (PC)

The best way I can describe this game is that it is a golden turd.

Considering the complications the company had to deal with when making the game, somehow, it manages to retain a certain level of charm that I can't help but appreciate. The graphics are adequate; the body models are somewhat terrible, though, the faces are decent; the combat mechanics are broken to hell, even with the fan made patch; the voices are actually wonderful; the quests are fun and interesting; the walking animation is hilarious during cut scenes; the NPCs that are encountered are surprisingly delightful and intriguing in their own ways; the music is very atmospheric and fits perfectly with the tone of the world; and the story is one I still enjoy years after having the game.

Really, I should hate this game but there is literally some magnetic force compelling me into loving it. I give it a 8/10.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP)

For a long time, I've been waiting to get my hands on this game.

I'm not far into it, but I will say that I am enjoying the game. I do have to say I enjoy the rumor system and the overall presence it has in the narrative; the concept is one that I find to be quite interesting. The battle system takes a bit to get into; the demon negotiation can be both fun and frustrating at the same time. I love the concept art—but that could be because I have a thing for Kazuma Kaneko's art (I think he did the updated character designs).

Overall, I am enjoying it.

Like Thane, I am excited for the fifth installment of Persona. But I will say I was a bit more interested in a fan project called P5 x Altus that came out a few years ago when the official P5 was wandering in Development Hell.

Mobius FF:

The graphics are okay (blame my tablet), and the story. . .we've only got two chapters, and there's two ways to take the story:

- Critique it the same way people read Fates, in which case, it makes Fates look like a masterfully written game

- Take context into account, in which case the story has a ton of potential

In terms of content, there's a lot of grinding, and thank goodness for auto-battling. Protagonist is kinda cute, but something about him just. . .weirds me out. The various costumes range from okay to "what the fuck Square". I need to get off my lazy bum and actually obtain some cards I need, for the sake of Byakko!

Fun and all that

It's interesting, that's for sure. The grinding is NOT fun, but it's automated. Watching your character grow is fun, along with dealing oodles of damage because you hit weaknesses. Also, some of the quotes from the main guy are pretty funny.