MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought about this for a while, and... to be fair, although I submitted my hack on the deadline, the person I wanted to LP my submission hasn't done so yet, so I capitalized on this and added more stuff to my submission...

Additionally, I told pwnagekirby sometime back on SoS that I don't really care when he submits it, so long as he gets it in when the contest is still going. I also gave GoldenWarrior time to fix his submission, since he apparently gave me one that was glitchy. Though, like me, he submitted his on time.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that if we're not going to allow people to fix up their submissions before they are LPed, we might as well disqualify me and GoldenWarrior, or at the very least not accept the updated versions of our submissions.

If the person you want to LP your submission can't LP it, can I LP it?

If the person you want to LP your submission can't LP it, can I LP it?

I've been thinking about this. If the person I asked to LP it can't, or doesn't want to, I might let anyone and everyone LP it and link to every LP of it so people can see it with different perspectives.

I've been thinking about this. If the person I asked to LP it can't, or doesn't want to, I might let anyone and everyone LP it and link to every LP of it so people can see it with different perspectives.

Well, that all depends on WHO you want to LP your submission. Oh, by the way, where's submission 5? I haven't seen it on Youtube.

Edited by Bladehero22

Well, that all depends on WHO you want to LP your submission. Oh, by the way, where's submission 5? I haven't seen it on Youtube.

Assuming Hithere1 still wants his submission to be in the contest, it's his. If not, we're waiting for my submission to be LPed.

He seemed really inconfident about it.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

^I can see why, you have high expectations XD

Of course it's those expectations that make hacks much better than they otherwise would be, so I personally appreciate high expectations once in a while, when reasonable. Expecting ASM hacks, perfect sprites, and everything else to be perfect, is unreasonable

^I can see why, you have high expectations XD

Of course it's those expectations that make hacks much better than they otherwise would be, so I personally appreciate high expectations once in a while, when reasonable. Expecting ASM hacks, perfect sprites, and everything else to be perfect, is unreasonable

I can forgive terrible portraits, and I don't really care if ASM hacking is used. I just want good level design and an interesting story.

Besides, even if you know ASM, it won't matter unless you use it effectively. I'll use a non-asm example with Ephraim225's Ragefest 3 submission. It had a very interesting idea, spellcards. This could've been utilized in amazing ways that the player would have to prepare for, but with how underexploited it is, it quickly becomes an after thought, with the only card of note being the "evil berserk" card. It's the only one I made any preparation for, and the reason why it needs preparation in the first place is because turning your main unit into an enemy unit is just intrinsically very dangerous. The card didn't need to be utilized effectively because it's so dangerous on concept alone.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Assuming Hithere1 still wants his submission to be in the contest, it's his. If not, we're waiting for my submission to be LPed.

Hmm, you know I've sort of been thinking about it recently, and despite what I said on Shrine of Seals I think I still might want to, but I know there were a couple things that were weird in my submission. So I guess if I really had to take an initiative, then I'd say if you have time after you've finished PwnageKirby's submission, then try it and see how you like it and tell me if you think it could be "accepted." (And by "accepted" I mean better than my RF1 submission, so long it is north of that I think I'll be good for now) Then, if it is "acceptable," make sure to read the PM I sent you a long time ago over Shrine of Seals that describes what you should say after the submission is beaten and if it has been deemed "acceptable." Of course, if you don't have time, or you just don't feel like it or something like that, then it's okay.

Depends, did Hithere1 overshoot the deadline?

LOL, Camtech. But I don't think with my head sometimes. How am I supposed to know who he is?! His name is Hithere1, yet his forum name here is ThatGuyDownTheStreet, that's cryptic, How am I supposed to know that?! I just needed to clarify this for a fact. My apologies.

LOL, Camtech. But I don't think with my head sometimes. How am I supposed to know who he is?! His name is Hithere1, yet his forum name here is ThatGuyDownTheStreet, that's cryptic, How am I supposed to know that?! I just needed to clarify this for a fact. My apologies.

read his sig, lol.

no he didn't he just used blatant sarcasm. from what i can see from this page

I don't care. He got the message through to me. And that's all that matters.