PICS: Nintendo Force Magazine - Fire Emblem Cover

Volke29

A535D582-C37A-47EF-AE2E-C4DCAE9DFA5E-1897-0000006A7EF31F00.jpg50994936-CA90-4BB5-80C4-9B37682ED3DB-1897-000000696BC84585.jpg

So, I'm a retro gamer. I collect SNES and PS1 video games. I also collect strategy guides (it's pretty awesome using the official Nintendo Power strategy guide while playing Chrono Trigger). I don't collect the guides because I need a walk through. I'm more of a fan of all the art and detailed info like on weapons and stuff. Like,Final Fantasy 12's LE strategy guide has to be the coolest guide ever made.

ANYWHO .... Nintendo Force recently did a test run of their new magazine. Thefirst issue was only a pilot, meaning if all doesn't go to plan, then therewill be no more issues. And if everything does go to plan, only a few will havefirst issue, mainly because it was like $15 to get it (money went to charity).That being said, I saw this as a potential collectible. What made me pull thetrigger and buy it was that Fire Emblem was on the cover. Fire Emblem is one ofmy most favorite games in the world (Despite only playing console versions. I gave SS a go, maybe I'll get back to that. 3DS version will be my first handheld I plan to master).

So, it just came in the mail today. Here are some pictures if you guys are interested. Sorry to talk so much about me being an awesome retro game collector and everything. It was just a feeler to see if others are out there on this forum. Did I mention I own Chrono Trigger CIB and the entire Suikoden series? Oh, I have pictures of those as well. Does anyone think I'm cool yet? Anyone? (Hears crickets)

Edited by Volke29

Huh...DLC will be split into 'Another World Stories" and "Classic Maps"? It sounds different from the Japanese division, especially if these "Another World Stories" maps are supposed to be the challenge maps already.

So it's kinda like Nitendo power?

Basically. All the big reporters from IGN, DToid, Gamestop, 1Up, GI, etc got together and launched this. There are no advertisements in the magazine and that is part of their plan. Although, I was looking through the most recent issue of Game Informer and there are like 5 full page ads of Fire Emblem back to back to back. Might cut those out and put away they look really cool.

But yea, it's trying to be the new Nintendo Power. I have a PDF version of the magazine. I'll try and attach here.

Huh...DLC will be split into 'Another World Stories" and "Classic Maps"? It sounds different from the Japanese division, especially if these "Another World Stories" maps are supposed to be the challenge maps already.

That's not how it looks to me.

Classic is Series 1: Other-World Talismans.

Another World is Series 2: Path of a Grandmaster.

Don't see anything indicating a difference yet.

Basically. All the big reporters from IGN, DToid, Gamestop, 1Up, GI, etc got together and launched this. There are no advertisements in the magazine and that is part of their plan. Although, I was looking through the most recent issue of Game Informer and there are like 5 full page ads of Fire Emblem back to back to back. Might cut those out and put away they look really cool.

But yea, it's trying to be the new Nintendo Power. I have a PDF version of the magazine. I'll try and attach here.

That's cool. I bet people who enjoyed Ninty Power will enjoy this. Hopefully.

That's not how it looks to me.

Classic is Series 1: Other-World Talismans.

Another World is Series 2: Path of a Grandmaster.

I... don't see how you think that contradicts what I've just said...?

Don't see anything indicating a difference yet.

There's an obvious difference in schedule if the announcement is right... They wouldn't be announcing the challenge maps now if they were only going to be released months later.

I... don't see how you think that contradicts what I've just said...?

There's an obvious difference in schedule if the announcement is right... They wouldn't be announcing the challenge maps now if they were only going to be released months later.

It's the precise division the Japanese game used. You indicated there was something different.

They might move the whole schedule up a bit, since the maps are already made. That's no surprise. Also, the Other-World Resort and maybe Future of Despair sets could get mixed in a bit earlier. I don't see anything to indicate actual content changes, though.

It's the precise division the Japanese game used. You indicated there was something different.

I specifically referenced to one of them as the "challenge" maps, which is a clear reference to a specific set of Japanese maps, and demonstrated my surprise at the timing of their reveal, saying that it indicated they're changing the division of the maps (like, not doing the whole season 1/season 2 deal). Nothing in my post implied change of content of the maps themselves.

Even if "Japanese division" wasn't very clear, I don't see how you can get the idea of changing content from a comment regarding that.

Edit: On the other hand... I'm fearing the might cut the Otherworld Resort series due to the amount of dialogue there, especially considering how they cut the mute voice to reduce the amount of dialogue.

Edited by NeonZ

People, people, the topic at hand is how awesome the magazine cover is and how amazing I am for owning all these cool retro games. Right?

(Hears crickets again)

Yeah you're a cool guy for owning those retro games. Thanks for the pics!

Looks nice, cool guy. I was considering getting the magazine as well, but in the end $15 for a single magazine was just too extravagant.

It makes me happy seeing good review scores for Awakening, even if it is from the obviously biased Nintendo.

Very cool of you to share your scans. Also your retro gamer collection is cool too. I used to have original carts for Zelda and Link, but then my mother decided to throw away my entire NES collection while I was in school one day. That curtailed my cool retro collector aspirations.

This is like a labor of love, and from what volke said (without advertisement) so the price may be higher DUE to no advertisement/sponsership D:

EDIT: I REALLY DO Want to read the Review though. VOLKE PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP PDF/SCAN THOSE PAGES ;-; /throws monies at screen

Edited by SlayeZ

After lots of quibbling with myself, I caved. Even threw in the $10 extra for shipping out my way. Wonder how it'll do in general, though. Facebook is just filled with people advertising other magazines with lower price points...

After lots of quibbling with myself, I caved. Even threw in the $10 extra for shipping out my way. Wonder how it'll do in general, though. Facebook is just filled with people advertising other magazines with lower price points...

To be honest, I'm not convinced it'll do well, but I'd sure like it too. :c

I used to collect VG magazines that featured my favorite gaming titles on the covers; however, I stopped due to space issues (that, and my local bookstore closed! Haha).

Very nice! Hopefully with successful marketing in addition to other factors, FE gains more popularity in the states, so Nintendo would be more inclined to release more FE titles here! :)