Diplomacy [1] (Life on hiatus until 27/3/16, Dorian in charge until then)

Life

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, I'm not a genius. Quite the opposite, I think.. :v

Operation Barbossa was the German attack on Russia in 1940 that was stupid as hell. All it lead to was pissing off Russia and losing a lot of troops and supplies to a harsh winter. Not to mention that the Russians managed to not only halt the assault but reverse it and make it to Berlin by 1945.

Update: With 9 hours to go, I am still waiting for 4 sets of orders. I will not poke you, I'll simply label your moves as holds.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

All orders are in. ​It is now Winter 1901.​ Build orders are required in 24 hours at 1800 on 28/2/16.

107weqc.png

2uhx315.png

Builds!

France - 3 Builds

England - 2 Builds

Austria - 2 Builds

Germany - 1 Build

Italy - 1 Build

Russia - 1 Build

Turkey - 1 Build

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

[11:41:15 AM] Makaze: I'm looking through the rules for how to write Build orders.

[11:41:21 AM] Makaze: Which page is it?

[11:41:26 AM] Life: Just tell me what and where

[11:41:41 AM] Makaze: It doesn't even say Build orders are a type of order, actually.

[11:41:43 AM] Life: You can only build in original supply centers

[11:43:24 AM] Life: Gaining and losing units

[11:43:33 AM] Life: Page 17

I'm probably not the only one who wanted to know this so I'm posting it here (hoping that's okay). Just saying "Build A[rmy]/F[leet](Location)" should be fine.

It's actually told in the sample game page 20.

F/A (location)

Oh, cool. It's still not very clear on how you submit Build orders, though, because it doesn't treat them as orders at all (they do not have to be written out with a format like orders do). It doesn't even show a table of orders for the Winter. It jumps straight into Spring 1902. Can be a bit confusing when you're not sure what to send in for the phase.

Remember when I said that I have no patience for people who don't put in their orders? That means you, Marth.

It is now Spring 1902. Orders are due at 1800 on 30/2/16. That's 48 hours. Make sure you actually get your orders in this time.

fydgee.jpg

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

Due to me being a retard, the phase is being ​shortened​ by 6 hours to 1200 1/3/16. And nobody caught my mistake of putting Feb 30th instead of March 1st.

First of all, I want to thank Makaze because I screwed up with the times (organized the first deadline during work and the second I missed because of personal things). He let everyone know about it so thank you.

Alright, it is now Fall 1902. Orders are due by 4/3/16 at 0000 (I'll make that deadline).

r7rnmw.png

t9i1xg.png

Good luck.

I want to apologize for not holding up the last two deadlines.

The issue is that I was recently fired from my work (one of them) and I've spent my free time looking for another work. Luckily, I found one yesterday which is good because my two weeks notice ended today.

So yeah. My personal life is more important than the game. But now that that's all done with... ​we have Fall 1902 Retreats.

6hp6oi.png

6yza6u.png

Germany's Fleet in Holland and Army in Munich must retreat to a neighbouring territory (that is legal) or choose to disband. Nimbus, you have 8 hours to decide before I make that choice for you. After that, Winter 1902 will continue for another 16 hours.

Nimbo's retreats are in. ​It is now Winter 1902. Orders due 2000 on 5/3/16.

2ivg2vp.png

Builds:

England - 1 Build

Italy - 1 Build

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

Would anyone (by this I mean the people I talked to regarding their plans) have any issues if I subbed on for Lord Gaius (Russia)?

Well, that was fun. ​It is now Spring 1903 Retreats and following that, Fall 1903.

qpmc8i.png

w1cqdx.png

Germany, your fleet in Swe must retreat. You have 10 hours to respond with an answer or it will be disbanded. After those 10 hours, the phase will continue to Fall 1903 for the next 38 hours. Orders due 2000 on 9/3/16.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

So, I have a bit of a conundrum.

I'm leaving the country in a little over a week for a week and a half. The game won't be wrapped up before that but I won't be available to process orders during that time.

We have two options:

1) I process orders on the 16th and the next phase will last until the 28th (when I'm back).

2) Someone volunteers to process orders while I am gone.

Give me your thoughts.

Edited by Pharoahe Monch