Twitch Plays PokéMafia [Game Over, now with Postgame]

Elieson

With this kind of attitude I'm mostly certainly not having you around in any of my games.

Drop this attitude. If you're town, you're going to dethrone Marth as the mislynch option. If you're mafia, you're going to screw your team over. If you aren't willing to improve, then you're wasting everyone else's time.

This from someone whose first OC game was a gigantic trainwreck, and whose first NOC game was twice as bad.

giphy.gif

Again, s'all cool, but maybe you guys need to realize I will not change my way of playing because of the result of a game.

If you're not okay with it, when you start your game, you can kindly tell me by PM (instead of going public for no particular reason) "Hey Riptor, I will not accept your signup, since I don't agree with your way of playing Mafia" and I'll be like: "Sure, no problem. I'll skip it"

No need for such a big outcry, a public and rather embarrasing outcry.

Edited by Riptor

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you need to change the overall style of your play but it's quite obvious you need to optimize it. It is undeniable you have a lot to learn and it seems plain dumb that you want to stay the same just because that's more like yourself.

I'd advise Ken to stop talking about his own style when he's OBVIOUSLY ripping off Ryu anyways.

Edited by Refa

Also I talked w/Ken in game and I'm pretty sure he's open to the idea of improvement. It's just that he got out today to have a good post game and is honestly feeling so attacked right now. My advice to him is not to necessarily change his play style (just because playing with all sorts of people is what makes mafia interesting in the first place) but to just remember that this is a team game and try to see things from others points of views. You were right a lot this game, now you just need to get people to listen to you.

Drop this attitude. If you're town, you're going to dethrone Marth as the mislynch option. If you're mafia, you're going to screw your team over. If you aren't willing to improve, then you're wasting everyone else's time.This from someone whose first OC game was a gigantic trainwreck, and whose first NOC game was twice as bad.

My first NOC was twice as bad as my first OC?!?

I thought I did the right thing in my first NOC....

Also I talked w/Ken in game and I'm pretty sure he's open to the idea of improvement.

If he is I'm 100% cool with his play. It just didn't sound that way in some of his posts, but I guess I made a mistake. Either way I still stand by what I said first. SF needs more people that are not afraid of doing their own thing, and honestly he was the most fun to read person in this game.

I honestly have no actual problem with Ken's play either. My only problem was that he made it out like the rest of us didn't do anything whatsoever which was uncalled for.

That is certainly true. It was disrespectful from my part, which was never my intention, but still my responsability.

No excuses there.

Don't worry Ken, it wouldn't be an SF postgame without the newbie hate echo chamber.

agreed

I had graveyard/observer bias but I felt like the criticism on Ken's play was overblown. He was put in a shit position from the hidden player giving extremely confusing results combined with issues contributed to by other players

Also not at kirsche, but coming in to a game thread for an OC game you didn't play to flame newbies and tell them their attitude sucks is hypocritical and not conducive to people wanting to play actual mafia here. Unless you secretly want this to just be the EIMM subforum?

Edited by Paperblade

Having thought about this ridiculous situation for a while, I think is time to put an end to this discussion.

I am a very hot headed and rash person, which (as I said to Refa) usually interferes with a more "standard" Mafia play. So the only realistic way for me to have fun in this game, is to play as I am. And as everyone, I have bad and good games.

This one was one of the "okay" ones, but we as Town did poorly (and i mean as the whole team).

Even though I knew since day 2 we were dead, and had plenty of time to wrap my head around it, I still felt like I did more than I usualy do for a game, so it was rather sickening to hear that we lost because I killed the Town, even if that wasn't true. I reacted badly, and did the exact opposite, which is to blame the people I felt, did less than me.

So when a number of people said "you should play like this and only like this", I felt personally attacked. It's wrong, i know.

My first instinct was to say "Fuck you guys, I ain't having it" and as long as the fire went higher, so did my stubborness.

I can and certainly will improve, because the quest is never-ending. But I'll improve towards what I want to play like, not what the more seasoned and experienced players want.

That's what I failed to communicate. Twitch's Riptor will not be the exact same as Next Game's Riptor, because I'll adjust things. But you can be sure as fuck that I will be Riptor, with all of my perks.

Here's hoping this made things clear

Love you guys!

Edited by Riptor

My first NOC was twice as bad as my first OC?!?

I thought I did the right thing in my first NOC....

Nope, me.

Believe me, I started mafia on the wrong foot! :P:

Having thought about this ridiculous situation for a while, I think is time to put an end to this discussion.

I am a very hot headed and rash person, which (as I said to Refa) usually interferes with a more "standard" Mafia play. So the only realistic way for me to have fun in this game, is to play as I am. And as everyone, I have bad and good games.

This one was one of the "okay" ones, but we as Town did poorly (and i mean as the whole team).

Even though I knew since day 2 we were dead, and had plenty of time to wrap my head around it, I still felt like I did more than I usualy do for a game, so it was rather sickening to hear that we lost because I killed the Town, even if that wasn't true. I reacted badly, and did the exact opposite, which is to blame the people I felt, did less than me.

So when a number of people said "you should play like this and only like this", I felt personally attacked. It's wrong, i know.

My first instinct was to say "Fuck you guys, I ain't having it" and as long as the fire went higher, so did my stubborness.

I can and certainly will improve, because the quest is never-ending. But I'll improve towards what I want to play like, not what the more seasoned and experienced players want.

That's what I failed to communicate. Twitch's Riptor will not be the exact same as Next Game's Riptor, because I'll adjust things. But you can be sure as fuck that I will be Riptor, with all of my perks.

Here's hoping this made things clear

Love you guys!

Part of OC mafia is getting people to listen to you. You don't have to have a sugary, fake personality, but you can't solely focus on "this is me and screw everyone else". There's a healthy middle ground between the two, and that's where you want to be.

Mafia is a social game. Never forget that.

Part of OC mafia is getting people to listen to you. You don't have to have a sugary, fake personality, but you can't solely focus on "this is me and screw everyone else". There's a healthy middle ground between the two, and that's where you want to be.

Mafia is a social game. Never forget that.

From now on, on behalf of this thread, I would prefer if anyone else that has any comment like this one (regarding my last post), to deliver it to me by PM, instead of keep throwing stuff to the fan on Elie's backyard.

It will be healthier for the poeple that's bored of seeing this topic here, it will make you sound less preachy (as in, if you have to say something only to me, you don't need to do it publicly), and certainly will have a better reception from my part.

I mean, I can't stop you from doing it here, though. It's a post, after all. You're free to reply if you feel like it.

I'm just not replying about this issue on this thread any more.

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by Riptor

I have my reasons for doing it publicly. However, as long as you won't push the issue, I can comment on other things, like "whose bright idea was it to include a role that restricts communication types permanently, that's just irritating?"