Twitch Plays PokéMafia [Game Over, now with Postgame]

Elieson

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a Day 1 Flavor Post, you guys get a quick Synopsis of what TwitchPlaysPokemon actually is from Wikipedia.

Twitch Plays Pokémon (TPP) is a "social experiment" and channel on the video streaming website Twitch, consisting of a crowd-sourced attempt to play Game Freak's and Nintendo's Pokémon video games by parsing commands sent by users through the channel's chat room.
The concept was developed by an anonymous Australian programmer and launched on 12 February 2014, starting with the game Pokémon Red. The stream became unexpectedly popular, reaching an average concurrent viewership of over 80,000 viewers (with at least 10% participating). On 1 March 2014, the game was completed after more than 16 continuous days of gameplay; Twitch estimated that over 1.16 million people participated, with peak simultaneous participation at 121,000, and with a total of 55 million views during the experiment. On December 5, 2014, Twitch Plays Pokémon received a Game Award in the "Best Fan Creation" category.
The experiment was met with attention by media outlets and staff members of Twitch for its interactivity, its erratic and chaotic nature, the unique challenges faced by players due to the mechanics of its system, and the community and memes developed by participants. Following the completion of Red, the broadcaster continued the channel with Pokémon Crystal, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon FireRed, Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon HeartGold, Pokémon Black, Pokémon Black Version 2, Pokémon X, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD and various ROM hacks. The broadcaster has plans to continue with other Pokémon games as long as there remains interest in the channel. The success of the experiment led to a number of similar Twitch-based streams for other games, and led Twitch to promote more streams with similar interactivity with watchers.

Basically, the tl;dr is that if you let 100,000 monkeys bash on keyboards for long enough, they'll be able to beat Pokémon Red.

Today, you represent those monkeys. This time, though, you'll be required to bash not only for completion, but for JUSTICE!

Oh hey, a Town RolePM:

Dear Elieson, you are Elieson's Sanity, better known as Elieson, the Host of this disaster.

220px-Twitch_plays_pokemon_animated.gif

You're a pretty good looking loser and don't get any flavor.

During the Day and Night, you can do Mod-related duties. Actually, you have to. Your life depends on it. Otherwise, you'll be forced to post in Serious Discussion actively for the next three months.

You are aligned with the Helix Fossil, and win when all of those filthy Domes GTFO.

Well cool! Some Alignments are confirmed!

d01d116daa58dc9923df3d4dd8c87f76.png

Good luck, monkeys!

Day 1 starts now, and ends in, 80 hours (10:00a GMT -5 [EST] on 6/21/16).

With 13 players alive, 7 votes on any one player will end the phase with an immediate Phase-ending Hammer.

All RolePMs should be out right now, but I'm kinda sleepy and distracted right now, so if I made a mistake, please let me know. I feel like I missed something but I can't pin what it is.

Lastly, I can't be sure as to why, but I have a bad feeling about this game.

BTW if you're communicating in OC (Skype, iRC, etc), be sure to include me in them.

I'm super duper serious about this please.

okay boys my role sucks so I will be leading this village

I am AIIIIIRRR the Lapras aka Air Jordan

I am a courier, meaning at night I can send messages to people

all claimerino thanks

My skype is Joshua Kirwan, the guy with the red background, if anyone wants to add me there. Also obligatory reminder we have an iRC channel on the darkmyst server #sforestmafia. I will respond to PMs but I much prefer talking there.

Wait, someone could be lord helix? That would be amazing.

Bless you, my child...

I AM YE WHO STANDS AT THE DOOR OF TIME.

I AM THE ONE WHO ANSWERS YOUR PRAYERS FROM YOUR BAG

I AM THE ONE WHO DEFEATED THE BLUE ARMY THAT GLORIOUS MARCH THE FIRST

I AM THE ONE WHO RESURRECTED FROM STONE, AND I WILL LEAD THE ANARCHY TOWARDS THE BETTER DAY

I AM LORD HELIX

flat,800x800,075,f.u11.jpg

Yet, I am here to spread the word.

My powers were taken away so the rest could stand a chance.

So Whoever is worthy of standing into the light with me, talk.

My Skype is sarcopathic, and I'll be gone for a few hours. Oops?

Just a fair warning/notification.

I may add user Koneko to OC log chats. She's an IO, which means Informed Observer [not a Player] to those unfamiliar with the term. Don't fret if you see her in any chatrooms/PMs/etc.

Also, slightly under 72 hours remain in Day 1.