Ensemble Mafia - N5

Sunwoo

What makes you think that?

An unconditional listpost makes you look confident. Not wanting to explain it makes you look like you have certainty, but not in terms that we would understand. Namely, information by role pm

Seems you actually posted justifications for it two minutes before my post

Green Poet was just for being first poster. I think scum want to have an early advantage, therefore I thought it's possible he may be scum. Although I did consider him voting Spinal as a partner link but it's weak.

I put Spinal in the list since he didn't vote and it showed he didn't care to progress the phase

Rainbow I felt had no reason to state that Ryker was suspicious and then say it was a joke at the end. So it seemed fake.

I fail to see how being scum results in the causation of posting early, or why scum would desire to have a buddy's name in their iso for no tangible gain, but :shrug: I must be biased

Fair enough

I think Proto's suspicions of Ryker are solid; three subsequent rvs votes on the same person approaches the point of opportunistic scum wagoning. Though, now that I've actually read Proto's post in full I do think it's odd that he presented this reason for voting Ryker and yet attributed it to rvs.

Ryker, ignore my previous question to you, I understand what you meant now lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Elemina: Please use the ##Vote/Unvote: <PLAYER> syntax. The double hash tags make it easier on the hosts to find the votes.

Refa seems to think otherwise.

Nah, I thought it could be a joke too but I didn't want to give him an out before he replied (that's why I didn't vote him).

GP, your reaction to Elemina (your first one, I mean) bothers me because it's unnatural. Why is your first thought "man, he's sure about his list because he's mafia" even though Mafia!Elemina would have been lying about his reads anyways? Why is Irony noob town?

Also in general, I don't agree that Ryker is scummy for bandwagoning in RVS. There's no scum benefit (doesn't even make him look townie), because it's just...a thing.

Why is your first thought "man, he's sure about his list because he's mafia" even though Mafia!Elemina would have been lying about his reads anyways?

Why is Irony noob town?

It's not about whether the reads are legit, it's that I saw an undue amount of certainty coming from Elemina. It's not an absolute tell ofc, but in general I think it's safe to assume that an informed player + not immediately willing to share that role pm information in the game thread = scum.

This post of Irony's makes me believe that she's new to mafia because she edits the post, seems to have some issue with the bold bbcode while quoting Blitz, and doesn't use common game contractions/terms (i.e. fully typing out "member of the mafia" over "scum").

I think she's town because she says "idk who's a member of the mafia or a member of the ensemble." A new player choosing to say "ensemble" over "town" most likely means that either they used the term from their town role pm, or was told by a buddy to write their post in such a way. I highly doubt it's the latter because a buddy wouldn't have been fine with them saying "I'm going to abstain from playing d1."

It ties in with my vote on Spinal and gaining reactions to get the ball rolling. There is obviously no deep analysis to make on page 1, yet I still push with my gut to gain reactions and interactions. Beats doing nothing. Admittedly my read on you was the weakest, including the link. The latter (why scum would name a buddy) would be for misinformation, but it can be an either or situation in that case, which I now take as null. On Rainbow's suspicion, I worded that wrong. I meant that Rainbow shouldn't be suspicious and joking at the same time, it doesn't line up. Her reasoning for being suspicious seemed like she believed in it until she said it was not serious.

@Ryder, @Yolo

I am pretty sure that is just Proto pulling a joke vote for RVS with the reasoNing being the joke and because he knows people will take it seriously, he mentions that it is a joke and knowing how he gets lynched for stuff like that, it is totally called for, for him to say it. It isn't very alignment indicative, but if anything at all, I would say more likely to lean town, because he would less likely post that joke as scum

Explain that. Why is he less likely to joke post as scum?

Oh, I plan to abstain for the whole of the first day. I have little to no information on who is a member of the Mafia and who is a member of the Ensemble. Therefore, I am going to wait for some more information to appear, before deciding on who to lynch.

I hate everything about this post. Down to the edit.

If we all take that stance, how do we play the game?

GP, I'm not seeing the correlation between him being certain and him being informed. If he was informed, 1) he wouldn't have any reason to be certain about his reads unless they're ALL his scumbuddies (which brings up the issue of why he'd call out his scum team in an RVS post lol) because some of his reads would be wrong (if anything, that would make him appear MORE uncertain since he knows that they're wrong; that's why waffling is scummy), 2) he'd at least try to act uninformed during RVS of all phases.

I don't agree with your town read (it's assuming that Irony got coached and that they didn't just read the sample Role PM) but at least I can get where you're coming from.

@Elimina- GP still bothers me and I don't have a concrete read on Irony.

Why? You sound as if you're informed and unwilling to share, or just informed scum

##Unvote

##Vote: Elemina

I'm sorry, but... who are you? (serious)

Irony reads like newb!town. Please don't edit your posts btw.

Seems overly nitpicky, as an rvs vote with no explicit disclaimer accomplishes the same thing. Do you usually play on a site that doesn't use/like rvs?

I've played on multiple sites. It varies. However, it is openly scummy to attempt to STAY in RVS.

Okay. I will try to be as clear as possible.

Calling someone "scum" based solely off RVS assumptions and lack of votes literally 10 posts into the game, is bollocks.

I didn't use my vote so far because I like to vote what I think deserves to be voted, which is why you didn't see a RVS vote from me, but a rather a shitpost in replacement. Achieved the same effect without the need of casting a vote for the sake of casting a vote.

Now, the real issue is how you jumped the gun and immediatly stablished "scum links" via RVS. It means you have absolute no ground to throw shade at anyone, because it's all a very uninformed assumption mostly driven by gutfeelings.

You see, what you accomplish by throwing shade at people this early on with no base to it, is harm the Town progress, because we now have to explain to you why that kind of behaviour is useless to us.

You can bark all you want, but if you don't have the factual bite behind it, then you'll get stomped by people less compassive than me.

##Vote Spinal

Reactions can be garnered without recurring to flawed assertions.

On top of that, it sacrifices your credibilty for no reason other than show. Over aggressivness is fine when justified, not 2 hours into the game, when some people still havent posted.

I know Town has a tendency to grow stale, that's a problem most Mafia communities face. But a wake up call can be garnered without recurring to self-immolation >.>

Really? I like Elemina MORE than anyone else in the game because of his early push.

Town:

Ryker > Elemina > Refa

Scum:

Blitz > Irony

@YOLO - Critique that list.

@Spinal - I won't be lynching Elemina today short of a MASSIVE shift in my read. What is your read on Elemina?

Ok, back to football.

Ryke. If you're going to bother voting on someone, please explain carefuly your reasoning behind it. As I said before, flip-flopping for the sake of flip-flopping takes you nowhere.

You quoted a post of mine, but instead of, you know, discussing it or something, you voted for me. WHY????? I tell you what I got from that. It was a message saying "this post is clearly scummy, and you, reader, should clearly see why I'm voting for Spinal, regardless if I explain it or not because it's SO obvious". But then you back pedal saying you voted because Elemina did so (that, mind you, was quickly withdrawn once I demonstrated how flawed and useless that thought process was). That means that you're even worse. You have no thoughts of your own, so you hopped on a vocal player to appear so.

You ask people "What do you think of X?" not to generate an actual discussion, but appear as a content creator, while actually just inflating a post count with deflective questions.

To me you're scum, yes, because your behaviour is extremely harmful for the town. I can understand Elemina. His methods might not be what I feel is correct, but at least he voice his own opinions. No Mafia player would be crazy enough to go full aggressive in 10 posts.

You, on the other hand, didn't even attempt to pressure me further once tou read that Ele had resigned his vote on me.

For now, you're the best lynch for the Town at my eyes, and that won't change until I get a better target, or you convince me WITH YOUR OWN CONTENT that I'm in the wrong

##Vote: Ryker

I hate everything about this post. Down to the edit.

If we all take that stance, how do we play the game?

As I said, I am only going to take this stance on the first day. After all, I do not want to do something foolhardy and lynch a person who will help us in the long run. I read up on the roles in Mafia games and, I don't know what roles there are in this game, but what if we accidently kill the Doctor or something? That could give the Mafia a huge advantage. An advantage that I do not want to give them. (And yes, I don't want to call them scum. They are bad people, but I do have a sense of manners. ). The edit was because I accidently clicked the post button and realised that I forgot to put my reasoning in. I then added it, forgetting the no editing rule. My mistake, and I will not do so again.

This post of Irony's makes me believe that she's new to mafia because she edits the post, seems to have some issue with the bold bbcode while quoting Blitz, and doesn't use common game contractions/terms (i.e. fully typing out "member of the mafia" over "scum").

I think she's town because she says "idk who's a member of the mafia or a member of the ensemble." A new player choosing to say "ensemble" over "town" most likely means that either they used the term from their town role pm, or was told by a buddy to write their post in such a way. I highly doubt it's the latter because a buddy wouldn't have been fine with them saying "I'm going to abstain from playing d1."

Yes, I am new to Mafia. I have played Werewolf, but never Mafia. I am not buddying up with anyone, and my words are my own. I have made mistakes, but I will learn from them and hopefully become a better Mafia player in the process. As I said, my strategy is to observe and think, before deciding who to lynch.

Ah, so bone man DOES have a spine. Tat's nice.

Okay, let's extend this exercisee.

You claim I only voted you because Eliminated voted you. This is true.

You claimed I unvoted you because Eliminated unvoted you. This is also true.

You claim I voted after a quote to imply it's soooooooo obvious. This is true.

I deny none of these accusations. I openly admit to implying that your post was scummy despite it simply being a bandwagon vote. Why did I do that, Spinal?

@Refa I voted Irony because he is either scum or town I'm okay with seeing dead at this point. Do you agree with that assessment?

Irony is absolutely adorable.

Trash that abstaining line of thought. If you won't be pushing people on day 1, I will see that it is you who are lynched because you gave me no data with which to determine your alignment.