Who are the worst nostalgia gamers?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who are more worser

• FE GBA Extremists
    • Genwunners

Kingdom Hearts 2, actually. It was the first game I EVER beat without outside assistance (Like, using a guide, having my sisters help me out). This was at the age of 5, mind.

Also, FF12. Something about it...

Ragnarok Online

I love seeing this. I still remember when Hunters' falcons were slotted, and breaking your weapon in an upgrade just reverted it back to +0 instead of actually destroying it. Ahhhhh, the good ol' days. I also totally didn't just patch up my kRO and iRO exes last night...

Other nostalgia? Probably playing older games with my father like the first Shining Force on Sega Genesis, or back before that, telling him what we should buy in our Legend of Zelda adventures.

Other nostalgic fixes come from Shining Force 2, Illusions of Gaia, Zombies ate my Neighbors, and pretty much any other top 50 SNES/Genesis/Game Boy game out there. Want a treat? Go find yourself a copy (or rom) of Vectorman or Shining Force: Sword of Hajya. Now that's what I call Nostalgia III.

Edited by Sara.

Final Fantasy V. Fucking phenomenal and often overlooked Final Fantasy. My favorite one.

Chrono Trigger. Do I even have to say anything? Absolutely legendary game.

Maplestory around the 2006-2007 era. So many feels. So nostalgic. Me and my friends would play that together during middle school after we got out of class. Good times.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Props to anyone else who has FFV/VI and Chrono Trigger on the original Cartridge.

Yo~

I got Chrono Trigger on cart form. (and EarthBound, get at me!)

I get the nostalgias with a lot of different games. Super Mario Bros 3 is chief amongst them. Both the NES Zelda games are nostalgia magic. I also have an odd nostalgia with Super Mario 64.

Yo~

I got Chrono Trigger on cart form. (and EarthBound, get at me!)

Do you have...

THE GIANT BOX THAT IT CAME IN WITH THE GUIDE TOO?!

i think i've admitted this before, but i legit almost cried when i replayed dark hollow for the first time in like 9 years. so many wonderful memories. i'd argue spyro affected me in a profound way, in terms of how i want to feel when playing a game, and how i feel games should play (in that genre).

and then of course there's metal gear solid, the legend of dragoon, rest of the spyro trilogy, and fire emblem 7 which i can (but don't) play on a yearly basis without getting tired of. truly fantastic games, that, if i'm gonna be serious about the nostalgia bit, had real-life effects on me whilst growing up.

kingdom hearts II is an honorable mention. the lion king level is just amazing.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

FFTA

this

also SSBM, and Golden Sun to an extent, sorta Pokemon

FFTA and FE7 I played within a year of each other and FFTA was a) first and b) a game I liked more

so basically it cuts FE7 out entirely

so like SSBM > FFTA > others, I suppose

Any 3rd gen Pokemon game including Mystery Dungeon and the console ones, Mario Sunshine, Lego Star Wars, Melee, Wind Waker, Custom Robo, Lord of the Rings RotK, a bunch of others. I was a GameCube/GBA guy. Before I had a console though, I had the first 2 Harry Potter PC games and miscellaneous Lego licensed PC games that I have fond memories of although I've never played them in forever.

The big ones for me are:

Metroid Prime

Paper Mario

LoZ: Ocarina of time

Super Mario 64

Final Fantasy Tactics

Gen 1 and 2 of Pokemon (I like them all, but these are the most Nostalgic to me)

The first 3 Spyro games

Edited by General Ciraxis

GBA Pokemon Games

FE8

OoT

MM

Super Mario Sunshine

Okami

also Skyward Sword but im not sure why because it came out like 3 years ago

Edited by Gaia