Randomized FE4 Sample

Lamia

im playing it at the moment but have a problem, in chapter 7 at the begining the game freezes and the screen goes black any idea why?

At the sight of what looked to be Leif parked outside of Jungby, I knew this would be interesting.

EDIT: Everytime it gets past the World Map scene explaining the backstory and whatnot, the screen goes black.

would need more info than this, like the exact point of when it happens, three reasons come to mind for black screen and need to know when it happens to know which one, plus if you guys are using certain patches

Edited by Lamia

would need more info than this, like the exact point of when it happens, three reasons come to mind for black screen and need to know when it happens to know which one, plus if you guys are using certain patches

It happens right after the Prologue Chapter name is displayed. So after the title screen, after the Jugdral Chronology, and after the thing where it talks about all wars going on and how Verdane invaded Grandbell and whatnot. Then it displays the chapter name and black screens. The audio is still there, but it just keeps looping the Crisis theme.

So I wanted to try this because it sounded hilarious before playing it I wanted to see what kind of things I could get from the get go but I get the same combination every time, I can only asume that's not suposed to happen, I tried making new datas and repatching a clan ROM but it stays the same.

So yeah some info on that would be appreciated.

So I wanted to try this because it sounded hilarious before playing it I wanted to see what kind of things I could get from the get go but I get the same combination every time, I can only asume that's not suposed to happen, I tried making new datas and repatching a clan ROM but it stays the same.

So yeah some info on that would be appreciated.

an IPS patch can't hold dynamically randomized information at all

this patch is a sample, an example seed

It happens right after the Prologue Chapter name is displayed. So after the title screen, after the Jugdral Chronology, and after the thing where it talks about all wars going on and how Verdane invaded Grandbell and whatnot. Then it displays the chapter name and black screens. The audio is still there, but it just keeps looping the Crisis theme.

event problems... if pressing start does nothing, I dunno how it can be fixed easily, but you can always cheese it by loading a savestate on vanilla FE4, get past that point, then make another savestate while going back to the patch, load savestate before your units spawn, then manually save and reload

convoluted, but best fix on a whim

Edited by Lamia

event problems... if pressing start does nothing, I dunno how it can be fixed easily, but you can always cheese it by loading a savestate on vanilla FE4, get past that point, then make another savestate while going back to the patch, load savestate before your units spawn, then manually save and reload

convoluted, but best fix on a whim

Ok thanks I'll try that.

an IPS patch can't hold dynamically randomized information at all

this patch is a sample, an example seed

I see, sounds about right when I think about it, sorry for the inconvenience.

Update: Still not working. Should I just repatch the rom?

manually load a turn save of your file in vanilla FE4 before finishing chapter 5, finish it and get to where celice pops out, then go back to randomized patch with it again

if no dice, then that sucks, but most likely scenario is generational bugs

Edited by Lamia

im using the clean rom whit the randomized patch the problem happens wen king blume is speaking and sends the armor knights to attack lenster wen the armors are suposed to move the game freezes and black screen

im using the clean rom whit the randomized patch the problem happens wen king blume is speaking and sends the armor knights to attack lenster wen the armors are suposed to move the game freezes and black screen

there's probably some sort of enemy class or tinny issue... I can't really figure a fix though, apologies

The game tends to freeze like that when a unit can't reach their destination in a cutscene. It's usually if a dodgy coordinate's been selected or if their movetype physically can't get to the location. I have no idea what values have been changed in the randomisation but I'd be banking on something like that.

The game tends to freeze like that when a unit can't reach their destination in a cutscene. It's usually if a dodgy coordinate's been selected or if their movetype physically can't get to the location. I have no idea what values have been changed in the randomisation but I'd be banking on something like that

oh my! master shin i love your hack! yeah i figured it would be something like that and gave the armor tipe a 1 tipe move in all terrains in hope of fixing it but it didnt work then agian....im asuming they are armors but i have no idea what the randomized enemies are XD

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it to work and holy crap. 1: Sigurd as an Emperor. 2: Alvis as a Bow Armor with all Major Holy Blood. 3: Our lord and savior Arden as a Mage Knight with the Light Sword. And so much more. This is great.

EDIT: Until Sigurd can't get through the mountains in Chapter 4 because he's an armored unit. Anyway I can get around this?

Edited by Lantairu