GUYS I FOUND A NEW HACK

Matt Snow

We've come full circle. It went from a shitty forum hack to a slightly less shitty forum hack both of which were set in elibe to a non-forum hack not set in elibe and now redditors have claimed it as their own forum hack and edited the characters in it to make their own hack and I'd bet $10 the new mugs if any exist will be absolutely horrendous thus once again making it a shitty forum hack.

The circle is complete, you can now die knowing that no matter how hard you try, you will never accomplish something as insignificant as this in your life.

huqhBCz.png

This was found in feditor's portrait inserter...

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3kk7uj/we_are_delighted_to_announce_the_release_of_the/cv9zn8p

I left a comment in the topic asking if they can remove it. I'm not really sure what I should do since I have no power on reddit :\

Edited by Ghastly

I spoke to Ninja, apparently there are no other instances of sprite theft (barring the very poor quality TLP portrait modifications).

This is probably just a bunch of kids trying to have fun, so hopefully "Falco" (yes, they literally named Malcolm, Falco) will vanish from this random project :P

still sucks though

Edited by Ghastly

I spoke to Ninja, apparently there are no other instances of sprite theft (barring the very poor quality TLP portrait modifications).

This is probably just a bunch of kids trying to have fun, so hopefully "Falco" (yes, they literally named Malcolm, Falco) will vanish from this random project :P

still sucks though

Well I don't think so they will do that much damage because as I've read a little through that reddit post it seems like they changed the characters with "themselves" more like their own avatars inside the game. And I think they shouldn't be stopped as long as they don't take credit for the original hack.

Nothing really. Changed the descriptions of characters and bosses, changed some portraits (one of them is literally just blue Rath like wtf), put in custom weapons. It's harmless really.

Punk is such a scrub.

Alright, so just a quick comment from me:

The reddit post was deleted on accident by Faze, but he is currently looking to fix the portrait situation alongside Data and should have a patch out soon which will have the portrait removed. In addition, it will be made clearer in the new post that the original hack was created by Blazer, since it's clear that their previous thing of repeatedly mentioning TLP as the real "base" version of the game is not adequate credit. They did not have ill will in either the portrait or the credit situation, as this is just a very silly hack of a hack meant to be nothing more than good fun among the community.

Faze apparently got rid of the Malcolm recolor. Crisis averted.

SF's policy on plagiarism and also to quote Balcerzak,

"Regarding Plagiarism: Plagiarism, the act of stealing, copying or failing to credit another artist's work, is strictly prohibited, whether the entire image or parts of it were used without permission. Please make sure to give credit where credit is due. Report plagiarism to me or another staff member, preferably with information regarding the stolen image such as a link to the original or a way for us to contact the artist."

While this paragraph is geared toward the specific circumstances of what would usually be encountered in that section, the ideas translate entirely to works posted in the ROM Hacking sections, as they're all by nature creative endeavors themselves (including the various bits and pieces composing them).

Sprite theft will always seem like a grey area, but I rely on the forum's rules regarding the topic.

Alright, so just a quick comment from me:

The reddit post was deleted on accident by Faze, but he is currently looking to fix the portrait situation alongside Data and should have a patch out soon which will have the portrait removed. In addition, it will be made clearer in the new post that the original hack was created by Blazer, since it's clear that their previous thing of repeatedly mentioning TLP as the real "base" version of the game is not adequate credit. They did not have ill will in either the portrait or the credit situation, as this is just a very silly hack of a hack meant to be nothing more than good fun among the community.

Its cool. I figured it was just an innocent thing. That's why I'm not actually angry :P

Edited by Ghastly

Ens stop you're being weird.

Pls, this isn't even my final form.

Anyway, I've never expected Faze to put in his stuff other's people sprites without permission. Not nice.

Edited by ENS