Pokemon Movesets Suggestions

PuffPuff

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much of anything more to say other than that Ayanami's so-called "movesets" are a total disgrace.

Um...were doing moveset rivalry to know which is best to go with for each Pokemon. =) What do u suggest for Porygon-Z?

Um...were doing moveset rivalry to know which is best to go with for each Pokemon. =) What do u suggest for Porygon-Z?

With movesets as awful as yours, "rivalry" doesn't describe it at all; my dog can think up better movesets than you.

But I'll join the bandwagon and say...

Edited by Metal King Slime

With movesets as awful as yours, "rivalry" doesn't describe it at all; my dog can think up better movesets than you.

But I'll join the bandwagon and say...

I don't see how Zap Cannon is bad with Lock-On. As it will guarantee 100% accurate hit on the next turn even if they've switched their Pokemon. ;):

Edited by リンダ

I don't see how Zap Cannon is bad with Lock-On. As it will guarantee 100% accurate hit on the next turn even if they've switched their Pokemon. ;):

Doublefacepalm.jpg

This will do the talking for me.

Also, this:

>uses Lock-on

>opponent switches out

Lol

Doublefacepalm.jpg

This will do the talking for me.

Also, this:

-_-

Only bad news with the Zap Cannon set is u won't do well with Steel Type Pokemon. But nobody's perfect.

Even if it was 100% accuracy after a switch, which it is not, they could always switch to a Ground type which is immune to Zap Cannon or a Lightningrod/Motor Drive for a free boost.

Hyper Beam was only good in Generation 1.

Then again he never listens. Best to ignore him.

Edited by Dio

Competitive Use

Zap Cannon looks highly promising at first, sporting 120 Base Power and causing sure-fire paralysis; however, its accuracy is a huge letdown at only 50%, so that it's an effective coin flip as to whether it hits or not. As such, to use Zap Cannon to its fullest extent, one must patch up its accuracy. Ways to do this include holding Wide Lens or Zoom Lens, or using the move Gravity. Unfortunately, Galvantula, who has both Electric-type STAB and Compoundeyes, does not have access to Zap Cannon. Eelektross can also try to use Zap Cannon in tandem with Coil's accuracy-boosting effect.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/zap_cannon

Evidence still stands that this move is good to have! Time to change the Zap Cannon set.

Hyper Beamw as only good in Generation 1.

Just a minor note (it is true by the way), this only applies to Cartridge Clause. Stadium Clause has Hyper Beam work normal.

Anyway, I like how the first Porygon-Z moveset doesn't even list a STAB. Where the fuck is Tri-Attack in any of this? And with Hyper Beam, it's only feasible under these Porygon-Z conditions:

1) It's Modest

2) You're using Nasty Plot

3) You've used said Nasty Plot at least once

4) You have Life Orb attached

5) Adaptability is the ability

6) You're facing something like Blissey and desperately need to take it out

If none of those conditions are met, don't fucking bother listing it. Even if it is to take out Blissey, Hyper Beam has the other issue of eating up a coverage moveslot. You need Nasty Plot and Tri-Attack to function effectively. It's highly recommended that you have something like BoltBeam, a Hidden Power of sorts (Fire and Fighting spring to mind), or Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse to hit Ghosts. And that's just the "general options" I would pick before Hyper Beam.

tl;dr if you're having Blissey / Eviolite Chansey problems, make a better fucking team or just get rid of Porygon-Z!

And, with Zap Cannon, the only Pokemon that I would seriously consider using it on is Forretress as a desperate way of knocking Gyarados out, and that's only if you don't have many good solutions to taking Gyarados out. Even then, Forretress now suffers greatly from either being trapped (losing Volt Switch), doing damage against Dragon sweepers locked onto Outrage (Gyro Ball), laying down entry hazards (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes), or even spinning (Rapid Spin).

Also awaiting Erectivire analysis.

Edited by Colonel M

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/zap_cannon

Evidence still stands that this move is good to have! Time to change the Zap Cannon set.

The only evidence I see says you're an idiot. A Wide Lens only increases accuracy by 10%, and a Zoom Lens requires you go last to benefit from the accuracy boost (and even with those boosts, Zap Cannon's accuracy is still [EFF!]ing deplorable).

The only evidence I see says you're an idiot. A Wide Lens only increases accuracy by 10%, and a Zoom Lens requires you go last to benefit from the accuracy boost (and even with those boosts, Zap Cannon's accuracy is still [EFF!]ing deplorable).

Never knew about the cancellation of the Lock-On+Zap Cannon set. Crap. Now I'll have to reteach my Modest natured Porygon-Z with some different moves.

What's [EFF!]?

Never knew about the cancellation of the Lock-On+Zap Cannon set. Crap. Now I'll have to reteach my Modest natured Porygon-Z with some different moves.

Watch me.

Porygon_Z

Nature: Timid / Modest

Ability: Adaptability

Held Item: Life Orb

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Tri-Attack

Nasty Plot

Thunderbolt

Dark Pulse / Ice Beam

There, mind = blown.

EDIT: Wait...

Nature:Sames

Ability: Adaptability

Held Item: Choice Specs

Nasty Plot

Dark Pulse

Tri Attack/Hyper Beam

Recover

Who wants to point out the problem here? :smug:

Edited by Colonel M

What's [EFF!]?

A reference to Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series.

At any rate, it's common sense that you shouldn't just expect someone to stay in if you're using Lock-On or Mind Reader.

A reference to Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series.

At any rate, it's common sense that you shouldn't just expect someone to stay in if you're using Lock-On or Mind Reader.

Very well. I can go with this.

Porygon_Z

Nature:Modest

Ability: Download

Tri-Attack

Ice Beam

Recover

Dark Pulse

Tri Attack stands for being the best choice for Porygon-Z. It should get Ice Beam to swat away Steel, Flying, Ground, Grass, and Dragon Types. Recover for healing in Wifi; and Dark Pulse to hit any Pokemon. Since it can't have Nasty Plot with this set, download is needed to help give it a Sp.Attk boost in some battles by 1 level. =)

Edited by リンダ

Porygon_Z

Nature:Modest

Ability: Download

Tri-Attack

Ice Beam

Recover

Dark Pulse

Tri Attack stands for being the best choice for Porygon-Z. It should get Ice Beam to swat away Steel, Flying, Ground, Grass, and Dragon Types. Recover for healing in Wifi; and Dark Pulse to hit any Pokemon. Since it can't have Nasty Plot with this set, download is needed to help give it a Sp.Attk boost in some battles by 1 level. =)

Okay, go ahead and use your Choice Specs Recover...

...Now let me just grab my Conkeldurr and get a free Bulk Up in the process.

Okay, go ahead and use your Choice Specs Recover...

...Now let me just grab my Conkeldurr and get a free Bulk Up in the process.

Conkledurr is Attk h4x. =)

Alllriiight! Time for another Pokemon.

Rhyperior

Nature: Jolly or Careful

Held Item: Quick Claw

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Substitute

Swords Dance/Megahorn/Scary Face

The attack moves both receiving STAB too makes these good. Substitute is needed for it's brittle Sp. Defenses and Speed. It also should get the Quick Claw for it's brittle Speed. As it would really suck if your opponent attacks before u with a strong water move to put it out of commission before u could set up Substitute. Swords Dance is a top recommendation to power up those STAB moves while it is protected from Substitute. Megahorn is also good too to take out Psychics, Grass, and Dark types in a flash dealing trouble to other types that regularly get hit by this move (Normal, Water, Electric, Ice, Ground, Bug, Rock, and Dragon). Scary Face might also be a consideration to slow your opponents down while u are protected by Substitute.

EDIT: Oh, and I can verse people anytime I want in any of my Pokemon games but Diamond, as I have set up my Wifi connection tonight.

Edited by リンダ

Today's Moveset: Simipour~

Simipour@Life Orb/Nothing

Nature: Adamant

EVs: Attack: 252, Speed: 252 because why not

Aqua Tail/Waterfall(If you're too lazy to breed)

Shadow Claw/Acrobatics

Return/Acrobatics/Hone Claws

Brick Break/Acrobatics

Honestly, why not have a physical Simipour? Maybe it isn't bulky enough to get a Hone Claws in, maybe in NU or what ever tier you people put it in. Iunno. Oh, and Acrobatics because Iunno.

Get some.

...Okay, now this time I don't want to quite harm Ayanami...

...But Emerald...

Look, Simipour's special movepool is much better than its physical. Avalanche sucks for one with its negative priority, and Hone Claws is about the only way to boost your Attack. Not that it's terrible in the absolute lower tiers, but it doesn't make it earth-shattering either. You're honestly much better working off its more versatile special movepool, like:

Surf

Ice Beam

Grass Knot

Nasty Plot

You can also throw in Hidden Power: Electric if you're desperate to hit Pokemon like Mantine for SE damage...

...But Emerald...

Look, Simipour's special movepool is much better than its physical. Avalanche sucks for one with its negative priority, and Hone Claws is about the only way to boost your Attack. Not that it's terrible in the absolute lower tiers, but it doesn't make it earth-shattering either. You're honestly much better working off its more versatile special movepool, like:

Surf

Ice Beam

Grass Knot

Nasty Plot

You can also throw in Hidden Power: Electric if you're desperate to hit Pokemon like Mantine for SE damage...

I GUESS. Guess I was snowed by my ingame Simipour. I love that happy monkey.

Anyway, yeah, the special side seems bigger, but I wanted to do something different.

...But Emerald...

Surf

Ice Beam

Grass Knot

Nasty Plot

^This. Love that Simian.

Except I went with Crunch instead of Nasty Plot. As I haven't done any breeding. But great moveset for it either way.

Edited by リンダ

Today's Pokemon

Vaporeon

Ability:Water Absorb

Held item:Leftovers

Nature: Timid or Bold

Aqua Ring/Hidden Power(Electric)/Shadowball

Toxic/Haze

Ice Beam/Blizzard/Hidden Power(Electric)

Surf

If u decide to give it Aqua Ring, you can make it absorb alot of health every turn along with the Leftovers to have it last longer in the battle arena (Due to it's very good amount of HP's) and ok on Wifi. I recommend Aqua Ring for it's first move more than anything else because of this. Decide to give it Hidden Power(Electric), you can have it battle Water/Ice types well. Shadowball is also a good choice for a good chance to lower your opponents Sp.Def.

Toxic is what I recommend most for it's second move. Because u cannot cure status alignments on Wifi. Good for the battle arena too. Haze is also a recommendation to stop your opponent from increasing their Pokemon's stats with supporting moves. Ice Beam is greatest for it's third move, or go with Hidden Power(Electric) for it's third move that is if u decided to give it Aqua Ring for it's first move. If u decide Blizzard for one of it's moves, then give it Wide Lens for it's Held item. But u probably want to go with Ice Beam, because of Aqua Ring/Leftovers combo. Up to u.

Surf is most recommended for it's Water move. Vaporeon is most helpful in Double battles, because of it's Water Absorb ability. If your partner Pokemon has Surf. SPAM with that move like theirs no tomorrow. As it hits everyone including your partner. Because your Vaporeon will absorb health from it while hitting your opponents Pokemon at the same time. Add this along with Aqua Ring/Leftovers combo will make Vaporeon extremely hard to kill in the battle arena. And ok for Wifi. =)

Edited by リンダ

First, Toxic can be cured via Aromatherapy / Heal Bell.

Secondly, Wish is far superior to Aqua Ring. You can also pass it along to another Pokemon and, more than likely due to Vaporeon's larger HP, get most, if not all, of your health back.