ITT I rank the characters

EDIT: On a side note, screw it. I'd rather not get involved in arguing with serenesforest members since arguments with you guys never go anywhere.

There are two possible reasons for that...

BTW, it's interesting how I'm a "serenesforest member" despite having been a GameFAQs member much longer and having posted the argument in question on GameFAQs.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ulki spends the first 3 turns doing nothing except shoving people, and then transforms on turn 4 and has quite a bit better combat than Janaff with supports in play (hi full att supports). His spd is problematic but isn't ungodly slow especially with the full bonuses (+3 instead of +2 spd can make a difference at his amount). As I said earlier Ulki is about as (slow) as Ilyana, though that was demi banded. Full bonuses Ulki is a little closer to Boyd, which is a bit more acceptable.

*5 turns of being mediocre < 2 turns of being actually decent

Even if we assume all chapters to be taking 7 turns (which is a pretty long time for just about every chapter after they join), Ulki's combat parameters are still unimpressive.

Let's take Chapter 19 as an example, counting all the reinforcements up to Turn 7. He only doubles about half of these, even unbanded (16/31 doubled). The other half consists of a lot enemies his 28 Atk doesn't 2HKO (misses the Halberdier and Warrior albeit barely, wyverns and armors are out as well). Janaff won't have the Atk to ORKO a lot of these things either, so their combat parameters are pretty even- except Janaff does this for the first 5 turns of the map and Ulki needs the Demi Band to match this (and be a little worse really, since fully transformed Janaff has like 1 Atk and 6 Spd over Demi Band Ulki).

When Ulki is transformed (full bonuses and some supports), his offense and defense are actually okay, allowing him to get a lot more ORKOs than Janaff can, which means letting him counter certain stuff on enemy phase is fine.[/i]

Ulki's supports look good on paper, but aren't actually that convenient. Rhys has low Mov, probably shouldn't be on the front lines and is pretty questionable deployment past the early chapters anyway. Mordecai and Boyd might be full, but even if they aren't neither of them can keep up with an Ulki who's utilizing his flight advantage. Supports also don't fix Ulki spending most maps doing just about nothing untransformed and his Spd is still questionable.

Only Muarim can still opt for full bonuses whenever you want to while this is literally Lethe's best possible situation.

Also, Muarim has superior growths (+20 str and +20 def, in exchange for mostly overkill spd), so down the line Muarim only gets better.

Muarim can only opt for full bonuses if he's useless outside of shovebotting the first 4 turns of the map, which means Lethe has already won in utility that chapter. The only reason Muarim can beat Lethe (outside of slightly better Shoving) is because he can use the Demi Band upon arrival to have better combat parameters than Lethe. Trying to get full transform bonuses for laguz other than Janaff/Lethe/Reyson I guess can only work under very slow chapter completion standards, while these rankings are operating under trying to complete chapters as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Unless we're assuming Ike is played 100% of the time, Ena will actually end up doing something (killing Ashy).

What arguments do dumbasses like Lucia or Bastian or Rolf have?

I don't mind dropping the dragons lower, but to say Ena is the worst character in the game is hilarious.

Ena being used to kill Ashnard over Ike isn't very efficient at all. I'll just repost this tidbit aku chi said:

Good luck with that plan. Ena needs Resolve to deal more damage to Ashnard than he can heal each turn. And even with Resolve, base Demi Band Ena can only deal 9 damage to Ashnard. That's assuming she hits and Ashnard misses. If one does the math, it's likely that Ashnard recovers more health per round than base Demi Band Resolve Ena can deal per round. Ike only needs 18 Str to match Ena's performance. Ike manages that at level 20/2, on average.

More fun facts about how much Ena sucks:

- Ena needs to be level 17 on average to double Ashnard with the Demi Band and Resolve. Ena needs to be ~level 18 or 19 to double Berserk Ashnard. Ike manages that at level 20/4-5 on average.

- Even at level 20, Demi Band Ena can only deal ~28 damage to Ashnard per round with Resolve. Ike can deal 44 damage per round at level 20/17-18.

- However, Demi Band Ena is no longer brought into Resolve range by Ashnard in one hit starting at ~level 15. Ashnard still doubles her un-Resolved, so he might take a huge chunk of her health away (more than we can heal with Physic) or miss one of his two hits and leave her out of Resolve range. Ike only needs to worry about this if he's received a Seraph Robe and is (un)lucky with Def growths.

Considering Ike is fairly guaranteed to be used on some extent on every playthrough due to being forced on every map and is less resource intensive than Ena (and these resources pay off a lot sooner when used obviously), Ike is the better candidate for killing Ashnard 99.9% of the time.

Edited by -Cynthia-

EDIT: On a side note, screw it. I'd rather not get involved in arguing with serenesforest members since arguments with you guys never go anywhere. You guys can complain about my rankings and call me any names you want; I won't change them unless I see an argument I actually like.

If you didn't care what we had to say about your rankings, what was the point in making this topic in the first place?

In addition, you don't like any argument when it's against you, no matter what it is. I think that it's interesting that you've essentially conceded your rankings are bullshit in your very first response by refusing to defend them.

Edited by Anouleth

Someone get onto #feto and call Int over here. Mia just got ranked lower than the Royals' single chapter of mediocre use.

Smash, this isn't 2009. If you give Mia some BExp and the Armourslayer, it doesn't exactly matter that a lancefest is going on. Level 10 Mia 3HKOs armours with it and 3HKOs everything else without it. In Chapter 8. I still don't get the argument of "Mia sux because lances exist".

EDIT: In addition, raise Stefan up to a 7.5 at least. When given Gamble (the world's second least contested scroll after Corrosion), Stefan becomes a ridiculous bosskiller. Like +75 Hit rates on stuff with 100 Crit. I can give a very in-depth look at this if you want, Smash.

Edited by Kefka

EDIT: On a side note, screw it. I'd rather not get involved in arguing with serenesforest members since arguments with you guys never go anywhere. You guys can complain about my rankings and call me any names you want; I won't change them unless I see an argument I actually like.

So, uh. . .why did you post this ranking thing, if you have no intention of changing things (since "argument I like" will be coming from "serenesforest member", and you refuse to "argue with serenesforest members")?

If you didn't care what we had to say about your rankings, what was the point in making this topic in the first place?

In addition, you don't like any argument when it's against you, no matter what it is. I think that it's interesting that you've essentially conceded your rankings are bullshit in your very first response by refusing to defend them.

Mostly to keep my ratings organized for the public, since gamefaqs doesn't allow posts to be edited after 1 hour and topics actually close. the gamefaqs FE boards also have less traffic than serenesforest.

And no, I will argue against people who are smart and reasonable, serenesforest member or not. But if you actually read the topic aku chi linked to, you will see arguments from him like "devdan has better offense than ulki, thus janaff > ulki" and things that are not worth my time anymore, ESPECIALLY since I have already engaged aku chi in Janaff vs Ulki and he has not budged at all, and it's obvious that further arguments are futile.

Now let's say it's something that has never been done before and has untapped potential, like Geoffrey vs Haar or Tauroneo vs Ranulf or something. If interesting and valid points are brought up (hence "an argument I actually like") then I will respond. If it's more random blabbering then I won't. Simple as that.

Someone get onto #feto and call Int over here. Mia just got ranked lower than the Royals' single chapter of mediocre use.

Smash, this isn't 2009. If you give Mia some BExp and the Armourslayer, it doesn't exactly matter that a lancefest is going on. Level 10 Mia 3HKOs armours with it and 3HKOs everything else without it. In Chapter 8. I still don't get the argument of "Mia slows the team down by not being as good".

The royals are like FE10 Lehran in which ranking them relative to the other units depends solely on how people tier units and the standards they use for it. Which unfortunately people don't actually understand how it works.

EDIT: In addition, raise Stefan up to a 7.5 at least. When given Gamble (the world's second least contested scroll after Corrosion), Stefan becomes a ridiculous bosskiller. Like +75 Hit rates on stuff with 100 Crit. I can give a very in-depth look at this if you want, Smash.

Gamble is only usable on player phase and does absolutely nothing on enemy phase. And offense was never Stefan's problem (it's his crap def/avo, and CEV to an extent). Bosses in general hold little weight because they generally don't move so the majority of them are less threatening than the generics who actually do. I don't see how that could bump his ranking up by a whole point.

And no, I will argue against people who are smart and reasonable, serenesforest member or not. But if you actually read the topic aku chi linked to, you will see arguments from him like "devdan has better offense than ulki, thus janaff > ulki" and things that are not worth my time anymore, ESPECIALLY since I have already engaged aku chi in Janaff vs Ulki and he has not budged at all, and it's obvious that further arguments are futile.

Your argument was to not use the Demi Band on Ulki. This results in him being completely worthless for the first 3 turns of each map (and stuck with 6 mov). To what end? Your claim is that full-transformed Ulki has "actually decent" combat. But that just isn't true. Ulki's full-transformed combat is worse than Devdan's - a thoroughly mediocre combat unit. So when Ulki's claim to fame is that he misses the first three turns of each map completely, gets left behind with 6 mov, and then delivers combat inferior to Devdan's for the remaining 0-4 turns of the chapter: consider me very unimpressed.

On the topic of old arguments that appear to have made no traction in your evaluations: how is Rhys >>> Soren and Ilyana when Soren and Ilyana can take a Master Seal before C11 and become better than Rhys for the rest of the game? If staff utility is so valuable, why not reward Soren and Ilyana for their staffbot performances?

Edited by aku chi

Your argument was to not use the Demi Band on Ulki. This results in him being completely worthless for the first 3 turns of each map (and stuck with 6 mov). To what end? Your claim is that full-transformed Ulki has good combat. But that just isn't true. Ulki's full-transformed combat is worse than Devdan's - a thoroughly mediocre combat unit. So when Ulki's claim to fame is that he misses the first three turns of each map completely, gets left behind with 6 mov, and then delivers combat inferior to Devdan's for the remaining 0-4 turns of the chapter: consider me very unimpressed.

On the topic of old arguments that appear to have made no traction in your evaluations: how is Rhys >>> Soren and Ilyana when Soren and Ilyana can take a Master Seal before C11 and become better than Rhys for the rest of the game? If staff utility is so valuable, why not reward Soren and Ilyana for their staffbot performances?

I personally think Rhys and possibly Mist (Mist has Rescue staff utility, though that's not mentioned in the ratings) are a bit overrated overall. Durability for even mid tier units becomes very high past the first few chapters that healing just doesn't come into play very often. Add in a lack of relevant status effects (there are 2 Sleep staves in C21 and one in C26 IIRC, though it might be more efficient to just Pure Water on relevant units) and staves are less useful in this FE than any other. Rhys has some earlygame utility I guess, but when earlygame consists mostly of Titania plowing through all the enemies with little chance of dying (and Rhys not being in range to heal her anyway) he's not that handy. Combat wise Rhys is pretty bad, terrible durability, low Mov, lowish Spd with high tome Wt (which also have low Mt) etc.

Your argument was to not use the Demi Band on Ulki. This results in him being completely worthless for the first 3 turns of each map (and stuck with 6 mov). To what end? Your claim is that full-transformed Ulki has good combat. But that just isn't true. Ulki's full-transformed combat is worse than Devdan's - a thoroughly mediocre combat unit. So when Ulki's claim to fame is that he misses the first three turns of each map completely, gets left behind with 6 mov, and then delivers combat inferior to Devdan's for the remaining 0-4 turns of the chapter: consider me very unimpressed.

I personally think Rhys and possibly Mist (Mist has Rescue staff utility, though that's not mentioned in the ratings) are a bit overrated overall. Durability for even mid tier units becomes very high past the first few chapters that healing just doesn't come into play very often. Add in a lack of relevant status effects (there are 2 Sleep staves in C21 and one in C26 IIRC, though it might be more efficient to just Pure Water on relevant units) and staves are less useful in this FE than any other. Rhys has some earlygame utility I guess, but when earlygame consists mostly of Titania plowing through all the enemies with little chance of dying (and Rhys not being in range to heal her anyway) he's not that handy. Combat wise Rhys is pretty bad, terrible durability, low Mov, lowish Spd with high tome Wt (which also have low Mt) etc.

Brom may be a bit overrated. He has good supports and decent offense after promotion, but it takes stapling the KW to him and a good amount of BEXP (which these rankings don't seem to like to hand out freely) to get there for a mediocre payoff. Having less Mov and being harder to Shove in a game filled with awesome mounted units makes it difficult for Brom to see combat in many maps.

Edited by -Cynthia-

And no, I will argue against people who are smart and reasonable, serenesforest member or not.

I am confused by these two seemingly contradictory statements.

Edited by Dark Sage

The royals are like FE10 Lehran in which ranking them relative to the other units depends solely on how people tier units and the standards they use for it. Which unfortunately people don't actually understand how it works.

Me being one of them. All right, go for it.

Your argument was to not use the Demi Band on Ulki. This results in him being completely worthless for the first 3 turns of each map (and stuck with 6 mov). To what end? Your claim is that full-transformed Ulki has "actually decent" combat. But that just isn't true. Ulki's full-transformed combat is worse than Devdan's - a thoroughly mediocre combat unit. So when Ulki's claim to fame is that he misses the first three turns of each map completely, gets left behind with 6 mov, and then delivers combat inferior to Devdan's for the remaining 0-4 turns of the chapter: consider me very unimpressed.

Becuase clearly, Devdan having better offense than Ulki somehow refutes the fact that Ulki can actually one round more enemy types than Janaff.

Of course at this point you'll....

A. make a passive-aggressive flame about his supports, or maybe compare their offense at a time when Ulki doesn't have supports to skew the comparison

B. say I'm bad at this game for not blasting through maps with top and high tiers and thus Ulki should not have an opportunity to transform

C. repeat that Danved > Ulki thus Janaff > Ulki

D. All of the above

Given your track record I'm picking D.

Because several other unpromoted units would like the master seal.

Edited by smash fanatic

Because several other unpromoted units would like the master seal.

I'm afraid I don't see this. The alternative to a Master Seal would just be to BEXP until promotion, which is what every combat unit would rather prefer. BEXPing magic users to promotion just for staff use would be a waste, so they're the best candidates.

Becuase clearly, Devdan having better offense than Ulki somehow refutes the fact that Ulki can actually one round more enemy types than Janaff.

Devdan having better offense than Ulki refutes your claim that Ulki can have "actually decent" combat.

In case you've forgotten, I've never praised Janaff's combat: it sucks. So does Ulki's. It's certainly not worth waiting around 3 turns for (neither is Muarim's, for that matter). But at least Janaff transforms immediately and can provide flier utility (most notable in chapters 20, 21, and 23) and cleanup damage (most relevant in chapters 18 and 25) during the turns before we actually complete the chapters. I'm actually quite baffled as to what role you envision no_Demi_Band_Ulki playing in an efficient playthrough. Of the chapters Ulki is available in, most can be ended before Ulki even transforms. Of the rest, Ulki will be too far behind to be able to contribute meaningfully. What, specifically, is Ulki doing to help us complete the game?

If you'd like me to make a concession, I will admit that full-transformed Ulki has a slight combat advantage over full-transformed Janaff against certain enemy types if Ulki has all of the supports (in range) he wants, we give him a bunch of Bexp (Ulki is not gaining one level per chapter if he's untransformed for the first 3 turns of each chapter and mediocre for the remainder), and we're in a chapter where Ulki transforming on turn 4 can actually contribute (uh, what chapter is this?). Happy?

- Mist

- Makalov

- Jill

Units with relatively poor growths in general would appreciate it. For example Marcia has a poor str and def growth (and a huge spd growth but it doesn't really matter), so sealing her at, say, level 17 means she promotes several chapters earlier and loses out a small amount of str and def that she won't even notice until the end of the game.

Are the mages the best candidates for it? Maybe, depends on what your definition of "best" is. Are they the only candidates? No.

Devdan having better offense than Ulki refutes your claim that Ulki can have "actually decent" combat.

In case you've forgotten, I've never praised Janaff's combat: it sucks. So does Ulki's. It's certainly not worth waiting around 3 turns for (neither is Muarim's, for that matter). But at least Janaff transforms immediately and can provide flier utility (most notable in chapters 20, 21, and 23) and cleanup damage (most relevant in chapters 18 and 25) during the turns before we actually complete the chapters. I'm actually quite baffled as to what role you envision no_Demi_Band_Ulki playing in an efficient playthrough. Of the chapters Ulki is available in, most can be ended before Ulki even transforms. Of the rest, Ulki will be too far behind to be able to contribute meaningfully. What, specifically, is Ulki doing to help us complete the game?

If you'd like me to make a concession, I will admit that full-transformed Ulki has a slight combat advantage over full-transformed Janaff against certain enemy types if Ulki has all of the supports (in range) he wants, we give him a bunch of Bexp (Ulki is not gaining one level per chapter if he's untransformed for the first 3 turns of each chapter and mediocre for the remainder), and we're in a chapter where Ulki transforming on turn 4 can actually contribute (uh, what chapter is this?). Happy?

Apparently the team is is now so godly they can clean up chapters in 3 turns or less, yet apparently they are weak enough to leave enemies behind for Janaff to help out (as you said, 18 and 25 are "most relevant")? Does this team magically sandbag themselves when Janaff is on the team so he can pretend he did something useful or what?

btw Ulki can still take the demi band; if all Janaff has to do is do cleanup duty to pass as a unit, then Ulki with his slightly inferior offense (until he finishes supports, then he still actually has more att than full bonuses Janaff) can do the same thing at the cost of Muarim or Mordy can't use the band. However Janaff can never improve his stats without consuming tons of stat boosters, while Ulki can if you just wait for a few turns on the longer maps.

Edited by smash fanatic

Tormod deserves way more than a 5.5. There was like a 20 page argument (me vs aku chi) about Tormod and Soren and I feel like Tormod's in the lead right now. There's more than enough BEXP to catch Tormod up; I used a pretty large team and I caught Tormod up. The amount of flexibility and usefulness his movement brings (especially with Siege tomes) is well worth it, too.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Boyd, Oscar, Marcia, Jill, Soren, Kieran, Ike, Titania, Astrid, Makalov... I've got a playlog on this page, and frankly I completely dumped EXP into Soren, Astrid, Makalov unnecessarily and Marcia got like ~1600-1700 BEXP so she could promote and I still had enough left over to bring Tormod to everyone's level. And it's not something I regret; I hate to be so picky about turncounts but he has saved me ~4-6 turns because he's a magic user with ridiculous movement, and for slower paces he can catch up with mounted units quite easily (only difference between him and them is Canto and durability), and then he has up to 5 Atk from supports for sieging. Soren doesn't have nearly that access, and even if he did it is far from convenient; I feel he deserves like a 7 or something.

And I'm the reason why Marcia is above Oscar on the tier list and why Marcia may end up being above Jill. I feel as if Marcia should get a 9.7 and Jill should get a 9.6 because Oscar and Kieran don't even compare at a certain point.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Well hell! Two of those "god tiers" actually require a lot of resources pumped into them, whereas Astrid/Makalov require actually more resources than those "God tiers" and I still pulled it off. And trust me, Marcia takes a lot of resources (with a massive net benefit); after all, since the only unmounted units above Tormod are Nephenee, Boyd, and Ike, I'm not sure why Tormod isn't given any credit for what he can do.

Well obviously. Your team was full of god tiers and most of them requires liek no resources, so of course you had so much lying around to just dump onto tormod.

Wait, WHAT? What's wrong with using a bunch of "god tiers"?

No, Smash. This is incorrect. You cannot disregard the fact that FE9 Royals or FE10 Lehran doesn't exist for 99% of the game and then call their entire performance average. Availability is a very significant part of rating any Fire Emblem character. If Character X comes late, what do they have to make up for the time that they haven't existed for?

- Mist

- Makalov

- Jill

Mist is definitely valid, but I sort of lumped her in with the mages in my mind. But yeah, that I agree on. Makalov and Jill, on the other hand, would much rather just be BEXP'd straight to promotion instead of taking a Master Seal.

Units with relatively poor growths in general would appreciate it. For example Marcia has a poor str and def growth (and a huge spd growth but it doesn't really matter), so sealing her at, say, level 17 means she promotes several chapters earlier and loses out a small amount of str and def that she won't even notice until the end of the game.

Your qualification is accurate, but there really aren't any unpromoted units in FE9 with "poor" growths. In your case of Marcia, on any given chapter when I'd want to promote her, I'd pump her full of BEXP instead of using a Master Seal. You get a larger immediate benefit out of it and the long term benefits exist as well, as both Master Seal Marcia and BEXP Marcia level up at the same rate after promotion, but BEXP Marcia will have higher stats at the same level.

Are the mages the best candidates for it? Maybe, depends on what your definition of "best" is. Are they the only candidates? No.

Well, this is really a self-evident statement. But in my personal opinion, I think Mist is the best recipient of a Master Seal, and everyone else is about equal. If I really wanted to do what aku chi mentioned, though (get a staffbot from a mage), then I'd use the Master Seal on the mage before using it on a combat unit because the BEXP alternative exists.

As an aside, I used to wonder why this game only gave you 3 Master Seals and expected you to otherwise promote units at level 20, then I realized that a large amount of BEXP is basically a Master Seal substitute with the added bonus of extra level ups.

Well hell! Two of those "god tiers" actually require a lot of resources pumped into them, whereas Astrid/Makalov require actually more resources than those "God tiers" and I still pulled it off. And trust me, Marcia takes a lot of resources (with a massive net benefit); after all, since the only unmounted units above Tormod are Nephenee, Boyd, and Ike, I'm not sure why Tormod isn't given any credit for what he can do.

Over half of your list of units require negligible amounts of resources (Titania needs squat, Boyd/Oscar/Kieran/Ike can get away with liek 5% of your total BEXP with an occasional forge or something). Pretty sure Jill/Marcia/Astrid/Mak are fine with ~10% of your total BEXP too. The only units on your team that required real help were Soren and Tormod.

And no, marcia doesn't need "a lot of resources" and... whoever is the second one you mentioned that apparently needed a lot. That's only if you want her to solo the map. She only needs to be the same level as the rest of the team to be fine in combat.

Wait, WHAT? What's wrong with using a bunch of "god tiers"?

Using almost exclusively godly units allows the player to make gamebreaking strategies/cheese their way through the game, which causes discussion to stagnate because things like "oh differences between these units don't matter because Titania is soloing the map anyway" pop up.

While that's a perfectly fine way to debate tiers and rank units, I find that to be boring. And I don't want to be arguing semantics about how "my style of debating is superior to yours." Been there, done that, those arguments don't go anywhere and don't produce anything except headaches. If you think that way, make your own topic and give your own scores to characters. This goes to everyone in this topic as well. If there's a contradiction within my logic, go and point it out. But if you disagree with the style of debating and logic I employ, make your own topic and have the others who agree with you go there instead.

No, Smash. This is incorrect. You cannot disregard the fact that FE9 Royals or FE10 Lehran doesn't exist for 99% of the game and then call their entire performance average. Availability is a very significant part of rating any Fire Emblem character. If Character X comes late, what do they have to make up for the time that they haven't existed for?

I will post several examples of when similar arguments have popped up, that they have not gone anywhere, and that I do not want to argue these semantics again. If you still have a problem with this logic, go and make your own rating topic.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=17344

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19265

take two

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15714&st=100&p=510854entry510854

(goes on for several pages)

@ dondon

After thinking about it, if the argument is to seal the mages at 10/0 and healbot, then maybe. I double checked stats and a 10/1 Soren has comparable spd and def to a 20/1 Rhys (loses by liek 6 HP and 10 mag though) and sport similar growths, which is still hilarious either way. I'm assuming 10/1 Ilyana and Tormod perform similarly (although Tormod has less time to staffbot, so maybe it doesn't work as well for him). Two master seals by chapter 11 also seems to be negligible in terms of resources consumed.

The question, of course, becomes whether Rhys should move down or the mages move up. at the very least I don't see Rhys dropping below 5.5, because he really is minimal maintenance for healing, which I would prefer over mediocre combat units like Mia and Devdan and Gatrie.

Edited by smash fanatic

Over half of your list of units require negligible amounts of resources (Titania needs squat, Boyd/Oscar/Kieran/Ike can get away with liek 5% of your total BEXP with an occasional forge or something). Pretty sure Jill/Marcia/Astrid/Mak are fine with ~10% of your total BEXP too. The only units on your team that required real help were Soren and Tormod.

And no, marcia doesn't need "a lot of resources" and... whoever is the second one you mentioned that apparently needed a lot. That's only if you want her to solo the map. She only needs to be the same level as the rest of the team to be fine in combat.

I'm pretty sure Lord Raven was doing the thing where you give Marcia like 14 levels of BEXP right after she joins.

I don't think whether he was using "god tiers" is important, though. The fact is that he sunk an assload of BEXP into his units prior to Tormod joining the team, and he still got Tormod up to speed and useful for lategame - which means that there's enough of a BEXP dump available to overcome Tormod's shortcomings.

Edited by dondon151

Can everyone else on the team one round (at 1-2 range if applicable) and not require healing (or when they did, be able to get it without wasting time)? Then unfortunately, those units would want the BEXP that Raven dumped on his units like Tormod and Mak.

Sure there are some exceptions (like, Reyson doesn't actually have to be invincible), but units like Oscar and Boyd were forced to get by with minimal amounts of BEXP. While they could still perform at the same level as the units on his team he did dump BEXP on, I fail to see how they were one rounding everything they wanted and also faced little to no chances of death. Now imagine if "Oscar and Boyd" were replaced with mid tiers and/or underleveled units like Zihark and Neph. If they tried to get by with little to no BEXP they would just flat out suck.