Famitsu info (8/3), branched promotions return

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really excited for this game. I will definitely buy a 3DS just to play this.If this somehow doesnt come to North America i will lose all faith in Nintendo.

We probably will, FE9 and 10 did that.

And if Othin's right, I'll be like :awesome:!

It does seem reasonable that this game might take on graphical design aspects from those games. I'm sure character models would give a clearer indication, if anyone feels like analyzing them.

Man, I'm also really glad about Great Knights not having the stupid Move loss, but what's with the decreasing other stats for some classes? Those differences are more minor, but it's just weird.

Edited by Othin

I think the negative speed gain is probably due to the gigantic Str and Def(7!) base stat gains the Cavalier gets from promoting to Great Knight. I'd imagine if Callum can promote to Great Knight he'd get a positive Speed gain and smaller Str and Def gains.

I think the negative speed gain is probably due to the gigantic Str and Def(7!) base stat gains the Cavalier gets from promoting to Great Knight. I'd imagine if Callum can promote to Great Knight he'd get a positive Speed gain and smaller Str and Def gains.

This makes sense, but what seems more strange is the Resistance loss from Cleric --> Sage.

To answer whoever suggested it before, it does make more sense that the charts are referring to caps, since the differences are so huge between choices and HP and Luck are excluded. Regardless, I hope growths are impacted somehow.

And people laughed at me for suggesting a magic class gaining axes upon promotion! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!

We must follow this to it's natural conclusion, MAGIC ARMOR KNIGHTS

ejfrt5.jpg

And people laughed at me for suggesting a magic class gaining axes upon promotion! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!

We must follow this to it's natural conclusion, MAGIC ARMOR KNIGHTS

ejfrt5.jpg

Terra and Celes. Considering they could wear the heaviest armor (and the most knight-like swords) in the game.

But that picture looks fun.

I noticed that Callam has a screen with a forward, play, and pause feature. I wonder if replaying battles you've just finished (entire maps) is an option? It seems to be in a battle scene, but I don't see why you would want to replay a battle scene only, unless it's more like a character bio and for some reason there's an enemy match on the bottom screen.

I hope we get different models for different weapons. I want to see Liz with the biggest axe in the game.

In battle you can see Krom wielding the Falchion. I assume they wouldn't have every sword he uses look like that, so I almost guarantee there will be different models.

Just saw this, it doesn't seem that big a surprise that Naga would be involved, but I'm a bit surprised that the game has two continents rather than one. Branching promotions also doesn't seem too surprising, though it will take some time to wrap my mind around the concept of an AxeCleric.

In battle you can see Krom wielding the Falchion. I assume they wouldn't have every sword he uses look like that, so I almost guarantee there will be different models.

Excellent.

Just saw this, it doesn't seem that big a surprise that Naga would be involved, but I'm a bit surprised that the game has two continents rather than one. Branching promotions also doesn't seem too surprising, though it will take some time to wrap my mind around the concept of an AxeCleric.

Well, Archanea being the starting place is just as expected. From what I understand, Valencia was depicted as closely associated with Archanea in FE2, so it makes sense, although it is a bit surprising. Hopefully they'll pull it off well.

Another earth dragon how many freaking enemies does narga have ? Why does he always have to get involved in everyone shit. For all this talk in fe4 about how holsety likes to mess around with human affairs how come he's only appeared in one game ,would be nice if he was the dragon this time would have been a welcome change.

It does sort of make you wonder what the hell these Earth Dragon cults can offer people to convince them to be ridiculously and unrepentantly evil. Hasn't anyone ever heard of seizing political power without making a deal with the devil? C'mon, man.

A question for those capable of reading the scans properly: What's the stuff in those text boxes at the top right of the branching promotion images?

I'm also guessing that if branching promotions are in, class changing is out. Seems unlikely there'd be any way to do both.

I'm also guessing that if branching promotions are in, class changing is out. Seems unlikely there'd be any way to do both.

Seems to me that's been apparent since MU's class was confirmed.

There isn't any good way to do reclassing, period, so hooray!

Seems to me that's been apparent since MU's class was confirmed.

There isn't any good way to do reclassing, period, so hooray!

I liked how FFTA did reclassing.

And the feature of "class change" in it's most general form has been around from the very beginning. After all, when units promote, they change their class: it's just that it's a one-way change and into a class that's almost always an improvement upon the old class.

Edited by Anouleth

With branched promotions and swappable skills it's like reclassing without having to actually reclass!

Well, even branched promotions are typically to classes that are highly similar to the original class. Reclass is more tactical, more a case of switching classes around to best suit the given situation, whereas promotion is more of an RPG element: it's about your character turning into a badass, an order of magnitude stronger than previously. FFTA wedded the two to a certain extent, with classes like Hunter, Summoner, or Gladiator feeling almost like direct upgrades to Archers, White Mages, and Soldiers respectively (and not being accessible initially).