Rate the Unit, Day 10: Ward

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Wade's stats are actually better across the board than Lott's are. It's just... Lawd, Lawd that speed

It's funny how flubbing in just one stat (speed) can put you in the shitter.

3.5/10 He eats up all of your speed wings

Surely lol is reasoning enough...L stands for look at those shit hitrates...O stands for oh my god look at those stats and the other L stands for lmao bench ASAP. 3/10

Ward, eh? Well, he's one interesting guy. His horse and great bases make him a master at tanking, especially with good shields. He's great at killing things, especially early, but then he doesn't get Exp and wouldn't gain stats even if he did. At least he can control his spear damage to kill things or weaken them for other characters, whichever works out better. And Guard is great, especially with a horse to get where he needs to use it and his ability to take hits. He falls a bit behind eventually, but never too far; he stays solid throughout the game even if he never levels up once. I'd give him an 8/10, but I'll bump it up to 9/10 for his beard.

Wait, you mean that Ward? Close enough; he gets the same 9/10.

ITT: People cannot math.

You mean the part about Ward not being able to hit anything? I think that's largely a fair assumption, although it is true that Lot is not much better off (probably worse off if you assume supports).

Ward, eh? Well, he's one interesting guy. His horse and great bases make him a master at tanking, especially with good shields. He's great at killing things, especially early, but then he doesn't get Exp and wouldn't gain stats even if he did. At least he can control his spear damage to kill things or weaken them for other characters, whichever works out better. And Guard is great, especially with a horse to get where he needs to use it and his ability to take hits. He falls a bit behind eventually, but never too far; he stays solid throughout the game even if he never levels up once. I'd give him an 8/10, but I'll bump it up to 9/10 for his beard.

Wait, you mean that Ward? Close enough; he gets the same 9/10.

unspoiler: seriously, dude. why.

spoiler: if you're actually giving Ward a 9/10 you're fucking well giving me a *lot* more reasoning

Have it your way.

2/10 for accuracy, 1/10 for not being the better Ward.

Sometimes I tell myself I should complete FE6 one of these days. Then I remember it's FE6.

Edited by Othin

Hit's like a truck, when he hits. Forced early-game, and pretty fast support with Lot (may activate before unit selection screen happens and you drop him, even!) Low speed and threat of enemy doubles is ultimately too much for continued deployment, however.

3.5/10

You mean the part about Ward not being able to hit anything? I think that's largely a fair assumption, although it is true that Lot is not much better off (probably worse off if you assume supports).

Yes, the issue I have is that people are complaining about Ward's hit incessantly when they did not for Lot's hit.

He's like Lott except he hits quite a bit harder. Also, you get Ward later in the game, except he's promoted, and his name is Bartre. (i didn't count that as a point in the rating of him, but seriously, look at a 20/1 Ward and base Bartre, they're alarminly similar).

4/10. He has earlygame uses, but has hero crest competition, and skill an speed issues.

Great growth rates except for speed and resistance. However he needs speed because he's getting doubled by chapter 4 where you can actually chose your people. He will always hit hard and later will even hit fairly regularly. That said to even put him on the front line is going to most likely end up in him being killed, as his evasion is never going to be above average even with supports, and he will never have resistance to survive being doubled by a mage, he'll actually be doubled by siege magic making deploying him later almost impossible.

1/10 because i'd rather use bors.

Actually, Ward has competent evasion due to access to axes and full avoid supports. Ward can easily reduce enemies to low hit rates even in midgame. It's a testament to how inaccurate enemies are that a character with 20% speed growth can be a potential avoid tank.

Ward is not locked to axes.

The first point is fair, but E bows (or whatever) on promotion hardly counts for anything. Ward is recognizable as someone who needs to use axes, which is what I meant. Once he gets bows he'll use them on wyverns and nothing else.

The first point is fair, but E bows (or whatever) on promotion hardly counts for anything. Ward is recognizable as someone who needs to use axes, which is what I meant. Once he gets bows he'll use them on wyverns and nothing else.

Actually, Bows are generally his best bet on a wide variety of enemy types. They allow him to OHKO Pegasi and Falcoknights that ordinarily he would not double, 2HKO Nomads with respectable hit on enemy phase, and they are by far his most accurate option against Mercenaries and magic users. In fact, Ward will rarely want to use anything else, since the +15 hit that Bows provide is so much better than more useless ATK. He will probably switch to Killer Axes for Paladins and Cavaliers since he has WTA and won't 2HKO with an Iron Bow, and obviously he will always prefer Axes on enemy phase, but Bows are a great option just when you need reliability. His hit can climb to as high as 80 against Nomads.