Recruiting: Temporary News Editor [Closed]

VincentASM

So have you ever wondered what it's like to write for Serenes Forest? It's just like writing for any amateur gaming blog or site.

Well, you can wonder no more because I'm hiring you to help write news articles while I'm away... if you meet the requirements that is.

The task

For 5 weeks during September and October, I need somebody capable and trustworthy to post regular news articles related to Fire Emblem on the front page.

News can be related to Fire Emblem Fates, the Cipher card game, merchandise, fun things sent in by fans, etc. (For examples, just browse the news archive.)

By "regular", I meant generally at least once a week. I mean, if you can miraculously find enough content to write once a day, that would be fab, but I'm only expecting once a week.

Or if it's a really quiet period and there's no news whatsoever, that's not a problem. Maybe see if the community has done anything cool to write about.

Notes

1. This role is 100% voluntary and you will not get paid. Not even I get paid : P

Requirements

1. A passion for Fire Emblem. Good knowledge is a plus.

2. Good English spelling and grammar.

3. Plenty of free time. The more the better.

Optional, but recommended

4. Experience with writing for websites or blogs.

5. Decent knowledge of Japanese. Enough to know what an "Iron Sword" is. (In fact, tell me how "Iron Sword" is spelled in Japanese)

6. Decent knowledge of where to find sources of Fire Emblem news.

How to apply

Send me a PM entitled "Serenes Forest Job Application" and explain/provide an example of how you've fulfilled requirements 1-3 (and 4-5).

Closing date is roughly a week from now: 10th September 2015.

Questions?

Ask here or send me a PM.

Edited by VincentASM

I have a passion for Fire Emblem, English is my first language (I've had so many typos up to this point in writing this, though...) and I have lots of free time.

However, I know next to nothing about where to find the topics needed. I don't keep up with the "now" too well, so I'd be really slow. Good luck, though!

(If that somehow still gets a job here, I'll take it, but, I'll be honest, I'm probably not the guy for it :P)

I always want to help someone even if I'm not sure I really can't but:

1. I got a passion for FE (why would I be there if that wasn't the case?).

2. My English is not that bad but it could be better.

3. I'm in college but I still have enough free time and I don't have too many homeworks (my exams are in December).

4. But I never writted for a website or blog.

5. And I have no idea where you get the news.

I don't speak Japanese but for Iron sword:

鉄剣 Tetsu ken. Yes, I used Google traduction but you never said we couldn't use it.

Honestly, just ask me if I'm your last resort.

But come on, a newcomer admistrator who is only 6 months old in this site? Best idea ever XD.

Aww, you're going to be away? Kinda curious but I won't probe.

I'm pretty sure I'm qualified (though I don't have a ton of free time or else I'd take better care of my own site, but I do have to keep up with FE news anyway) but I'm not sure you'd want me to help out, haha. At least, I can think of a few reasons why you might dislike and/or not want me, so on that note, while I would be happy to help, I'll only offer said help if you haven't found anyone else and would like it. =)

Luck~