Fire Emblem: Radiant Future (working title)

arkel

What is Fire Emblem: Radiant Future?

Radiant Future is planned to be an FE7 rom hack taking place on the continent of Tellius 1,000 (maybe?) years after the events of FE10... with a slight change: this is an alternate timeline where Ashera triumphed over Ike and his friends in the final chapter. Although it takes place in the same world, it is not a sequel to FE9 or 10; instead, it simply uses their lore/backstory to create a familiar environment for the player to experience a new narrative. There are currently 27 planned chapters (the Prologue, Chapters 1-25, and a gaiden chapter).

Features / what to expect:

- A completely original soundtrack composed by myself

- Branched promotions (i.e. a Myrmidon can promote into a Swordmaster using a Hero Crest, or an Assassin with a Fell Contract)

- New classes, using animations from the open source thread

- New events

- New maps, some of which are inspired by maps in FE9/10

- (badly) Spliced mugs

- Each character will be able to support with 3 other characters, with a mix of romantic and platonic support options

- 35 playable characters, only 33 of which will be playable on a single playthrough

- Einherjar!

[spoiler=What happened after Ashera defeated Ike?]

Ashera recreates Tellius in a new image. To avoid conflict, she decides to create a world where only beorc exist; the laguz are now extinct. For a long while after Ashera created the world, all was peaceful. Diversity is celebrated and many of the nations are ruled in nontraditional ways (i.e. Gallia is ruled by two married men, and Daein is ruled by two sisters). Ashera appoints 3 female druids from the desert of Hatari named Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa to be her closest servants. The sisters eventually decide to betray Ashera, seal her in the Fire Emblem (Lehran's Medallion), and take her power for themselves. When they succeed, they absorb Ashera's powerful and transform into powerful Gorgons but, in one last effort, Ashera ironically transforms them into stone.

[spoiler=The Nations]

Crimea is ruled by King Aldan and his wife, Queen Esperanza. Most Crimeans, especially the King, are extremely discriminatory towards anyone who is not a white, straight male. Aldan and Esperanza have a son, Arwin, who is the 2nd Lord of the game. Crimea's army is comprised mostly of units on horseback.

Gallia is ruled by Kings Finley and Justin. With two married men as rulers, the country has become extremely accepting of the differences among people. The dense forests surrounding Gallia have discouraged the hostile and intolerant Crimea from invading. With no laguz to return to Goldoa, it quickly become a part of Gallia's territory and no longer exists as its own entity. Gallia makes much of its national wealth by raising and selling pegasi, wyverns, and griffons that can easily traverse over the forests. Gallia's army consists mostly of units who ride these mounts, as well as those who wield bows.

Phoenicis and Kilvas have no official ruler and are ruled by the various mercenary guilds that have become popular there. Mercenaries from the islands are well known for their skill with swords and axes.

Begnion is ruled by Emperor Nobuhide, the Apostle. Although the original purpose of the Apostle is null and void, Begnion kept the position as tradition. Begnion remains a theocracy, praying for the return of Ashera; this has caused tensions to increase between them and Hatari. The attitudes of the people of Begnion, especially those in the Church, are perhaps even more conservative than those of Crimeans. Begnion's army consists mostly of units skilled with light magic and staves.

Daein is ruled by Queen Alena and her younger sister, Queen Thora. Alena was the rightful heir to the throne when her parents died, but instead of taking a husband, she chose to have her sister rule alongside her. Political values among the nobles of Daein are similar to those of Gallian citizens, but not all Daein citizens share these sentiments. The tumultuous, snowy weather has led to barren lands, widespread poverty, and a high crime rate. Daein is the home of Audrey, the 1st Lord of the game. Units in Daein are known for their high avoid (i.e. Thieves) or their high defense (i.e. Knights).

Hatari is ruled by King Tynan and his granddaughter, Princess Jocasta. All rulers of Hatari have been descendants of the Gorgon Sisters since Ashera was sealed in the Fire Emblem. Its citizens are dark-skinned due to the harsh desert sun and have been subject to racism, especially from the citizens of Crimea and Begnion. The Academy of Magic lies in Hatari, which is also home to the continent's most expansive library on the subject of magic. Hatari is the home of Daemyn, the 3rd Lord of the game. Units from Hatari have spent most of their lives at the Academy and are extremely skilled with anima and dark magic.

[spoiler=Plot of the Hack]

Audrey is a wandering mercenary from Daein seeking employment in the wealthy nation of Crimea. However, she soon discovers that many Crimeans, including the King, are violent and oppressive towards people who are unlike them. She embarks on a journey to fight back against injustice, but ultimately gets tangled in Tellius' first "World War" since Ike's defeat 1,000 years earlier.

[spoiler=New Classes / Changes to Old Classes]

Archsage – Wields Anima, Light, and Dark magic. Possible promotion for Chaos Mage.

Bard – Uses oracle_of_fire’s animation. Can now use staves in addition to Playing.

Black Knight – Uses Cipher Lee’s and CanasNiimeHugh’s animation. Zelgius’ unique class. Wields swords.

Captain – Just a renamed Hero.

Cerberus – Just a renamed Gwyllgi. Promotion for Hellhounds.

Chancellor – Uses MrNight48’s Patriarch animation. Wields Light, Dark, and Staves. Possible promotion for Chaos Mage.

Chaos Mage – Daemyn’s unique class. Uses Ewan’s animation. Wields Light and Dark magic. Can promote into Chancellor or Archsage.

Dark Falcon – Uses The Blind Archer’s Black Beauty recolor. Wields lances and swords. Possible promotion for Pegasus Knights.

Dragoon – Uses Mercenary Lord’s animation. Possible promotion for Soldiers.

Forest Knight – Uses Skitty of Time’s animation. A Ranger who uses lances instead of swords. Possible promotion for Knights and Horsemen.

Freedom Fighter – Audrey’s promoted class. Basically just Lyn’s promotion from FE7.

General – Now wields all 4 physical weapons.

Great Lord – Arwin’s promoted class (Ephraim Lord). Uses eCut’s and Kitty of Time’s animation to let him use swords as well as lances.

Griffon Knight – Uses Blue Druid’s animation. Wields swords and axes. Possible promotion for Fighters.

Halberdier – Uses TBA’s animation. Possible promotion for Soldiers.

Hellhound – Just a renamed Mauthe Doog.

Horseman – Just a renamed Nomad.

Knight – Now wields bows as well as lances.

Lord – Arwin’s unique class (Ephraim Lord).

Matron – Just a renamed female Bishop.

Nomad – Instead of mounted archers, the Nomad is Audrey’s unique class (basically just a recolored Lyn Lord).

Outlaw – Uses Deranger’s Hunter animation. Wields bows. Possible promotion for Archers. Can use lockpicks and sees further in Fog of War.

Peer – Justin’s unique class. Uses Eliwood’s animation in combination with MarkyJoe1990’s to let him use lances.

Queen – Esperanza’s unique class. Wields swords and staves.

Red Dragon – Ena’s unique class. Uses the Manakete animation from FE6.

Seraph Knight – Uses shadowofchaos’ animation. Wields lances and staves. Possible promotion for Pegasus Knights.

Serpent Knight – Just a renamed Wyvern Knight.

Sorcerer – Pre-promoted class that wields Dark and Anima magic.

Trainee – Just a renamed Journeyman but is a base class instead of auto-promoting at Level 10. Can promote into a Captain or Berserker.

War Monk – Uses GabrielKnight’s animation. Possible promotion for Monks and Priests. Wields light and staves.

Wyvern Knight – Just a renamed Wyvern Rider.

Wyvern Lord – Now wields axes instead of swords.

[spoiler=List of Playable Characters]

Disclaimer: I am aware that my splices are AWFUL. Honestly, this isn't an area of criticism I'm interested in hearing about. The budget for this project is quite small, like most, and I don't have the funds to hire a dedicated spriter. As long as the gameplay is of high quality, I'm sure you can make it through the game staring at my abominations.

XDwt907.png

1. Audrey

Nomad (sword) -> Freedom Fighter (sword, bow)

Join time: Prologue (rejoins in Chapter 14)

A wandering swordsman from Daein. Firmly believes in justice and equality.

fAd3Ea1.png

2. Lazlo

Warrior (axe, bow)

Join time: Prologue (rejoins in Chapter 12)

A retired member of the Crimean army. Gentle yet brave.

3. Shiloh

Monk (light) -> Bishop (light, staff) / War Monk (light, staff)

Join time: Chapter 2 (rejoins in Chapter 15)

A young man from Begnion excommunicated for his progressive beliefs. Brother of Annika.

4. Annika

Troubadour (staff) -> Mage Knight (anima, staff) / Valkyrie (light, staff)

A young woman from Begnion excommunicated for her progressive beliefs. Sister of Shiloh.

5. Skip

Mercenary (sword) -> Captain (sword, axe) / Ranger (sword, bow)

A Kilvasian swordsman seeking revenge against the bandits who killed his parents.

6. Gui

Trainee (axe) -> Captain (sword, axe) / Berserker (axe)

Join time: Chapter 2 (rejoins in Chapter 12)

An enthusiastic Crimean teenager eager to learn the art of battle.

7. Eponine

Cavalier (sword, lance) -> Paladin (sword, lance) / Great Knight (sword, axe, lance)

Join time: Chapter 3 (rejoins in Chapter 12)

A deserter of the Crimean army. Hot-tempered.

8. Omar

Mage (anima) -> Sage (anima, staff) / Mage Knight (anima, staff)

Join time: Chapter 5 (rejoins in Chapter 16)

A Hatarian mage training in Gallia. Can understand and speak to animals.

9. Fang

Hellhound -> Cerberus

Join time: Chapter 5 (rejoins in Chapter 16)

A mutated wolf living in the forests of Gallia. Many seek to sell him to the highest bidder.

10. Ryu

Wyvern Knight (lance) -> Wyvern Lord (axe, lance) / Serpent Knight (lance)

Join time: Chapter 6 (rejoins in Chapter 13)

A Gallian noble. Seeks adventure.

11. Troy

Pirate (axe) -> Berserker (axe) / Wyvern Lord (axe, lance)

Join time: Chapter 8 (rejoins in Chapter 15)

A seafarer from Kilvas forced into battle. A bit of a scaredy-cat.

12. Phyllis

Knight (lance, bow) -> General (sword, axe, lance, bow) / Forest Knight (lance, bow)

Join time: Chapter 9 (rejoins in Chapter 12)

A Crimean knight imprisoned for treason. Longs for peace.

13. Garrett

Soldier (lance) -> Halberdier (lance) / Dragoon (lance)

Join time: Chapter 9 (rejoins in Chapter 15)

A soldier from Phoenicis with a passion for knighthood.

14. Dominic

Bard (staff)

Join time: Chapter 9 (rejoins in Chapter 14)

A poor musician from Daein. Always hungry.

oM2Xy7X.png

15. Arwin

Lord (lance) -> Great Lord (sword, lance)

Join time: Chapter 11

The crown prince of Crimea. Eager to please his father.

nlMLivd.png

16. Cedric

Great Knight (sword, axe, lance)

Arwin’s personal bodyguard. Greatly devoted to his duties.

17. Bianca

Cleric (staff) -> Matron (light, staff) / Valkyrie (light, staff)

A cleric for the Crimean royal family. Responsible for keeping Arwin healthy.

18. Maverick

Pegasus Knight (lance) -> Seraph Knight (lance, staff) / Dark Falcon (sword, lance)

Join time: Chapter 13

A knight enlisted in the Daein military. Well-liked by women.

19. Valerie

Thief (sword) -> Rogue (sword) / Assassin (sword)

Join time: Chapter 14

Dominic’s mother. Does what she must to survive.

20. Yumi

Archer (bow) -> Sniper (bow) / Outlaw (bow)

An undercover operative from Gallia. Proud of her lesbian identity.

21. Gavin

Horseman (bow) -> Ranger (sword, bow) / Forest Knight (lance, bow)

An undercover operative from Gallia. Always hits his target.

22. Alena

Valkyrie (light, staff)

One of the Queens of Daein. Promotes love and charity in the world.

TREJzAN.png

23. Daemyn

Chaos Mage (dark, light) -> Archsage (anima, dark, light) / Chancellor (dark, light, staff)

Join time: Chapter 15

A young sorcerer with a mysterious past. Has incredible potential.

24. Naveen

Sorcerer (anima, dark)

Join time: Chapter 16

Head librarian at the Academy of Magic. Possesses untold knowledge and power.

25. Adrian

Myrmidon (sword) -> Swordmaster (sword) / Assassin (sword)

Join time: Chapter 17

A blind swordsman with an incredible sense of hearing. Daemyn’s ex-boyfriend.

26. Axel

Fighter (axe) -> Warrior (axe, bow) / Griffon Knight (sword, axe)

Join time: Chapter 19

Son of an infamous bandit. Hates nobility.

njk4wVN.png

27. Esperanza

Queen (sword, staff)

Join time: Chapter 20x

The Queen of Crimea. Loves her son above all else.

28. Langston

General (sword, axe, lance, bow)

Queen Crimea’s personal bodyguard. Secretly in love with Esperanza.

29. Finley

Sniper (bow)

King of Gallia and Justin’s husband. Enjoys being pampered.

30. Justin

Peer (sword, lance)

King of Gallia and Finley’s husband. Fights against inequality.

31. Hawthorne

Griffon Knight (sword, axe)

Imperial General of Gallia. Holds a deep love for his country.

32. Soraya

Captain (sword, axe)

Head of a powerful mercenary guild in Phoenicis. Always fulfills her contracts.

33a. Lehran

Chancellor (dark, light, staff)

Join time: Chapter 25

An Einherjar spirit. Crafted the Fire Emblem.

33b. Zelgius

Black Knight (sword)

An Einherjar spirit. Loyal to Duke Persis.

33c. Ena

Red Dragon

An Einherjar spirit. Serves Prince Goldoa.

[spoiler=How can I help?]

I have tried for many years to learn how to be a hacker, but I have a hard time reading tutorials and would benefit more from a personal tutor. Therefore, the budget for this project is almost entirely going towards paying a personal hacking tutor for me, basically teaching me the basics and beyond. The rate can be discussed as interest accumulates, but, of course, this is a paid position.

​I definitely need a mug for Fang since I can't really splice a non-human mug. Not sure if I'd be willing to pay for this though. We'll see how much money is left in the budget after I hire the private hacking tutor.

Aside from those two things, I can't think of anything I need help with at the moment. If you're interested in the project and want to donate your time or efforts, I don't see myself saying no.

​[spoiler=Hey arkel how do I know you won't abandon this project if I decide to help?]

Well, aside from the fact that I'm an extremely ambitious and dedicated person, this project will actually influence my college grade. Writing a video game soundtrack is a graduation requirement for my degree in music composition, so I actually have to get this done.

Whew! That was a lot. I hope some people on here are interested in the project. I've certainly had a blast starting it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by arkel

Thanks to both of you for your kind of words. Mugs are slowly but surely being added. I'm hoping I get some more responses soon - I assumed there would be a lot of hackers eager to teach someone their skills in exchange for money.

Thanks to both of you for your kind of words. Mugs are slowly but surely being added. I'm hoping I get some more responses soon - I assumed there would be a lot of hackers eager to teach someone their skills in exchange for money.

i can help :)

add me on skype and I'll show you the ropes keegan_25

This project seems interesting... if you remove Tellius. Honestly, there's no reason to even include it, none of the nations remotely resemble it, nor are any characters present from the original games(outside of the last three who I don't think should be there because no). The fact that Hatari becomes some giant country is also confusing to me, it's ignored in FE9 and barely mentioned in FE10; how did it become a nation here with a freaking library when they started off a desert wasteland home to a bunch of wolves?

These are a few reasons I think you should break free of this Tellius idea, because it's confusing at times and honestly holding you back from making something completely independent.

As for the last three, Lehran should not be there because eventually he switches sides, joins Ike, and in your timeline, loses. Why would Ashera allow a remnant of him to exist; let alone allow his medallion to remain. Zelgius is... a fan favorite, I'm not seeing any justification for him being here 1000 years in the future. Ena, again, was with Ike, so there is no reason for her to exist anymore.

We still haven't addressed the fact that you tried to pass off a Lufia song as your own :/

I just didn't do that... In that thread a long time back I literally said that someone asked me to remix that song and it was NOT original. Just because I posted it as a sample of what I can do doesn't automatically mean I was claiming authorship.

This project seems interesting... if you remove Tellius. Honestly, there's no reason to even include it, none of the nations remotely resemble it, nor are any characters present from the original games(outside of the last three who I don't think should be there because no). The fact that Hatari becomes some giant country is also confusing to me, it's ignored in FE9 and barely mentioned in FE10; how did it become a nation here with a freaking library when they started off a desert wasteland home to a bunch of wolves?

These are a few reasons I think you should break free of this Tellius idea, because it's confusing at times and honestly holding you back from making something completely independent.

As for the last three, Lehran should not be there because eventually he switches sides, joins Ike, and in your timeline, loses. Why would Ashera allow a remnant of him to exist; let alone allow his medallion to remain. Zelgius is... a fan favorite, I'm not seeing any justification for him being here 1000 years in the future. Ena, again, was with Ike, so there is no reason for her to exist anymore.

In response to the Hatari thing, remember Ashera completely remade the world after she triumphed over Ike. Any number of things could've happened - she purposefully could've put beorc there that could withstand the heat and lead productive lives. Not saying that's actually what happened (I still have to solidify the entirety of the backstory) but a lot can happen in 1,000 years - it's not like these people and the academy just sort of "popped up." There's a few reasons why I wanted to use Tellius as the land for this story:

1) The Tellius series are the only 2 games that deal with social injustice, i.e. the racism beorc hold for laguz. It seemed natural since that's what my story is all about.

2) Since I'm looking for someone to help me, it's much easier (I think) to get someone interested in Tellius than if I created my own world.

3) Honestly, I really wanted to make use of the Black Knight animation in the open source thread.

And in response to your comment about the last 3 characters, they're Einherjar. :)

All this being said, I'm very much open to the idea of creating my own setting if that's what people would rather see. I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to give me some feedback.

1) The Tellius series are the only 2 games that deal with social injustice, i.e. the racism beorc hold for laguz. It seemed natural since that's what my story is all about.

But you removed that sole selling point of the Tellius series: laguz are extinct.

2) Since I'm looking for someone to help me, it's much easier (I think) to get someone interested in Tellius than if I created my own world.

Yes and no, I clicked the topic because the name sounded like fe10 and I thought it was some kind of mod hack. I was interested because of the concept, I was disappointed because it was using Tellius without any real need of it.

3) Honestly, I really wanted to make use of the Black Knight animation in the open source thread.

terrible :x

And in response to your comment about the last 3 characters, they're Einherjar. :)

See, I don't buy that because if Ashera is a god(which she seemed to be in FE9/10), there is 0 reason she wouldn't wipe any remnant of their existence off the face of the planet. As well as Einherjar being one of the dumbest things FE13 brought into the series(in my opinion), I'm probably going to inherently dislike any form of it.

All this being said, I'm very much open to the idea of creating my own setting if that's what people would rather see. I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to give me some feedback.

No problem ;o

response in bold

response in bold

Very valid criticisms. I'll find out what some others think. In my opinion it might be best to keep the Tellius theme but just make it make more sense, change the story a bit or something. Or, like you said, come up with a new world entirely. I'm working on mugs right now but after I make a few more I guess I'll have to really dig in to the story again.