20th Century Fox is making a Mega Man movie...

Water Mage

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/04/hollywood-is-making-a-mega-man-movie-apparently/

So...umm....

Your opinions?

Considering Hollywood's track record with Video Games movies, well... I'm trying to be polite, but I can't find the words to express my feelings over this.

It's just why? Seriously why? Why? Why make a movie now?

And there's 20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four movie which was, putting it mildly, not exactly what I call a good movie...

Edited by Water Mage

Pretty much all video game movies have ranged from mediocre to absolutely terrible, the recent Hitman and Pixels movies have seemed to continue that trend. I really can't fathom a reason why there can't be a good video game movie, but it seems like whenever one is made, nobody in the production actually has any passion for the medium or the property, it's just a cash grab on a franchise that has some recognition, or their named Adam Sandler, either way these projects seemed doomed from the start. In order for this to be good, the director needs to be someone who's actually passionate for the source material, and the project shouldn't be heavily modified to fit the needs of the studio like the crap pile Fantastic 4 was.

In any case, I'd much prefer an actual new Megaman game sooner than this. I heard there will be a cartoon soon as well, which might be okay, but if a game were made to tie in, it might end up in the same scenario as Sonic Boom, which would be terrible. Please don't disappoint Capcom.

Edited by Knight

Allow me to express my surprise.

Wait, really? Like, seriously? This is legit?

With that out of the way, they better not screw this up. I think it would have to be animated, for one. Live action Megaman spells disaster. It has to have action and explosions, while still expressing Megaman's morals. Kind of like the comic if anyone else has read it.

Guess we're just gonna have to wait and see where this goes. Personally, I'm all for a Mega Man movie, but it remains to be seen if it can be good or not.

There's also going to be a cartoon based off of him created by the Ben 10 creators: Men of Action!

"Groans loudly" why do they have to take awesome video games and make horrible movies of them? I hope that they can make a good one, but I have yet to see a movie made from a video game series that did not end up being terrible. After they royally screwed up making a good Eragon movie I have kind of given up on a movie of a video game or book I like being close to what a fan would want or being good.

Generally bad these videogame movies (save for so, so few examples), will be the same 90% for sure.

Still, if it ever works for calling audicience ... better than nothing.

But not a good option for making a good movie itself. I mean, what kind of stuff could they make use to film a proper movie with such fictional universe like Megaman?

Edited by Edrall

Well this will suck. So are they doing the original Megaman or Megaman X? Or do they not know the difference between the two.

Also, I thought that FNAF movie was just rumour?

Nope, it was confirmed some time ago, it already has a director and everything.

Also, here's something just as shocking:

Sony Pictures is doing a Sonic The Hedgehog live-action movie, no joke.

I've heard the rumors of a Sonic movie, but I didn't know it was going to be live action. This is going to be Sonic 06 all over again...

It depends on if the movie is live action or animated. They got someone from cruchyroll on this as director, so it might have a shot, but I think it'd be better if this was an animated picture.

Also I'm quite hopeful for the FNAF movie, the guy behind it has taken steps to get Scott involved to make sure its accurate. They're using REAL animatronics, and the guy is even posting pictures of the half-finished machines consistently, so it's got hope to it.

I can see it now...

Dr. Light: Mega Man... Bad news. Dr. Wily is enslaving all machines to help him take over the world.

Mega Man: ...I feel like I've been an enslaved machine my entire life...

Dr. Light: ...ugh

On a more serious note... I actually can't think of anything to say. Well, I personally do have weird tastes/tolerances for movies and I actually enjoyed the Super Mario Bros. movie with the gigantic humanoid goombas and the devolver ray, so I may not be the right person to talk about this topic with.

Well, I hope most of us can agree that if this new Mega Man movie makes for awesome youtube poop material, something good came out of it, at least.

Above all else, I am wondering why this is happening. Like, why make a movie about a video game character who is relatively obscure in the current times? Sure, nostalgia helps. But the same audience addressed with this, is also the audience who learned over the years that video game movies are bad.

Edited by BrightBow

Perhaps they hope to gain a new audience with it. If it appeals to kids of this generation, then they can sell all kinds of merchandise, tv shows, heck, if we're lucky, games.

Perhaps they hope to gain a new audience with it. If it appeals to kids of this generation, then they can sell all kinds of merchandise, tv shows, heck, if we're lucky, games.

I can't see another reason why they would make a movie about megaman if not ... specially because he's a videogame character.

They may are trying the last straw of luck to see if Megaman could be still be more or less popular like before, I guess. The movie surely could make that possibility shine once more, if successful enough that is.

Don't also forget the new misterious TV series mentioned before ...

Edited by Erdall

• 3 weeks later...

Your opinions?

Considering Hollywood's track record with Video Games movies, well... I'm trying to be polite, but I can't find the words to express my feelings over this.

It's just why? Seriously why? Why? Why make a movie now?

And there's 20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four movie which was, putting it mildly, not exactly what I call a good movie...

You know what?

Screw it, I'm looking forward to it. I actually didn't hate Fantastic Four, the 2015 one at least, and I'm not going be the guy who discounts the presence of air in a glass halfway filled with water! I'm going to expect something...I'll expect nothing, actually. I won't make a pre-viewing judgement on this movie. They haven't even bloody released a trailer, I'm not going to discredit the film already.

Anyway, they're probably doing it now because Capcom is, at least as I observe, trying to bring Mega Man back to the spotlight, what with this and the cartoon and all. And let them, I say! Who am I to appose capitalism?

This...I do not expect much from, actually, simply because Sonic doesn't have a design I think would translate well to live action...at all. But, you know what? Optimism, and if it sucks, well, it'll be riff worthy.

EXCLUSIVE TRAILER!!! :Kappa:

In case you didn't know, :Kappa: = sarcasm. However, this video does pretty accurately capture what I think the best possible quality level of this movie will be.

To be honest, I find Dr. Light's voice funny enough there that I'd be mildly amused.