S Rank FE5 Tier List

Don Draper

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why route B isn't doable...

Chapter 16B is an escape chapter filled with forests along with the fact that Sara is annoying to recruit in that chapter and that you also have to go out of your way to recruit Miranda and Shanam seeing as you need to recruit all possible units to get an AAA rank as well. Also not getting Sleuf and getting less Warp staves in general hurts as well.

Edited by Joey

Chapter 16B is an escape chapter filled with forests along with the fact that Sara is annoying to recruit in that chapter and that you also have to go out of your way to recruit Miranda and Shanam seeing as you need to recruit all possible units to get an AAA rank as well. Also not getting Sleuf and getting less Warp staves in general hurts as well.

Being a difficult chapter by no means makes it it un-doable. If someone is able to SSS on A route, than there is no reason one can not AAA on B route. Simply being a difficult route does not mean that said terrible characters should be off the list.

Being a difficult chapter by no means makes it it un-doable. If someone is able to SSS on A route, than there is no reason one can not AAA on B route. Simply being a difficult route does not mean that said terrible characters should be off the list.

I don't think the point is that the chapters are difficult. The point is that there is no reason to take A route over B route at all if you're trying to AAA the game, as the A route makes AAA ranking the game significantly easier. As such, the player would never take B route over A route, so the characters do not need to be included as nobody would ever use them in an AAA ranking game anyways.

Besides, Miranda would be like bottom tier and Shanam only has Bargain utility.

I don't think the point is that the chapters are difficult. The point is that there is no reason to take A route over B route at all if you're trying to AAA the game, as the A route makes AAA ranking the game significantly easier. As such, the player would never take B route over A route, so the characters do not need to be included as nobody would ever use them in an AAA ranking game anyways.

Besides, Miranda would be like bottom tier and Shanam only has Bargain utility.

This is the same logic to the FE6 tier list where there is no reason one would take Sacae route over Ilia, but if it is still possible to rank then it makes sense to leave the characters on the list as recruited regardless of how terrible they are.

I was under the impression we don't penalize for recruitment since we have to do it, as that's the only way Xavier could possibly rank anywhere but the toilet (we have to do it, but surely we don't just get to ignore the massive pain in the ass that is, unless we're ignoring that entirely for everyone). If so, route splits ought also be ignored (or rather, assumed to be taken at a 50/50 split). Nothing explicitly prevents clearing rank by taking the B route.

• 7 months later...

I think Dagda is better than at least Halvan because Halvan's role is overtaken by Othin diminishing his EXP gain, and Dagda is better at player phase tasks like Capturing with the Brave Axe due to higher Str, Ski, Bld, and HP. I don't have much to say since this is a fresh tier list and no serious comparisons are being made, but I don't think Dagda should ever fall below High.

Yeah, my topic makes more sense if you don't Warp through chapters much, actually get the Brave Sword, etc. I could argue until I wasted all the oxygen in this place but it's probably not going to happen.

lol Mareeta in High -.-

Leaf needs to go up a tier and Mareeta needs to drop.

[14:16] <dondon> leaf needs to be high tier

[14:17] <Mekkah> i thought high tier was for good units

[14:17] <Rody> No Mekkah, why do you think Mareeta's there?

[14:18] <Mekkah> well it also has fergus

[14:18] <Rody> Anyway, I'd like to hear your reasoning, dondon, since Rody = Leaf.

[14:18] <dondon> but leaf is a good unit

[14:19] <dondon> gr8 offense in chapters 4x and 5 when you have a bunch of 5 move scrubs like felgus

[14:19] <dondon> meaty chip on the mainland

[14:20] <dondon> gives support to a ton of units

[14:20] <dondon> usually has the king's sword

[14:21] <dondon> AS is fixed pretty easily by chapter 2 speed ring

[14:24] <dondon> also huge scroll potential for what it's worth

[14:26] <Mekkah> lol

[14:26] <dondon> plus it's really beneficial to dump resources all over him

[14:27] <dondon> such as the aforementioned speed ring and king's sword

[14:27] <Mekkah> and here i thought seizebots never got these......

[14:27] <dondon> leg ring

[14:27] <dondon> sol

I'd imagine Lifis being around for so much longer (especially during Manster) would automatically make him>Pahn.

Although Mareeta can make a good boss killer, her lack of adequate 2-range makes her inferior to even Homeros at boss killing.

Edited by Brighton

I was hesitant to put Lifis in Top at all, seeing as he was actually left behind in Chapter 13 in the nicovideo SSS non-elite playthrough. Lifis is nice in chapters 4 and 4x, but he really doesn't see much use at all after that. Pahn pretty much outclasses him in every way once you get him, and he has the advantage of not dying from being sneezed on. He can even make a competent combat unit. Lifis really isn't getting any levels in S rank so its pretty much around 6/0 Lifis vs base level Pahn. The winner should be clear.

After considering it for awhile, Mareeta is going to upper mid btw.

Well I'd argue that unless there was a strategic reason to leave him behind there specifically, it isn't a valid point against him. Furthermore, simply opening those doors in chapter 4, 4X, and 5 (even if it's shared with Lara) would save you more turns than Pahn would. Unless you think Pahn is better at opening doors than Lifis or something. No doubt Pahn is better when both are available in nonelite, but if they are mainly just opening doors and stealing mage tomes, it seems Lifis' availability would make him better. I can't really prove this objectively of course, but this would be my reasoning for my previous post.

Edited by Brighton

Really, the main issue is that no matter how you slice it there is absolutely no reason to keep using Lifis after Pahn joins under any sort of efficiency/ranking criteria, so his availability lead isn't as significant as it might seem. You could hypothetically keep using Lifis, but why would anyone? Pahn has much better combat (read: he can actually reasonably get kills on some mooks, 5 PCC is pretty deadly) and has 5 movement stars as opposed to 2, not to mention the durability issue. It's not really reasonable to tier Lifis for use after chapter 12x.

Edited by Silvercrow

Really, the main issue is that no matter how you slice it there is absolutely no reason to keep using Lifis after Pahn joins under any sort of efficiency/ranking criteria, so his availability lead isn't as significant as it might seem. You could hypothetically keep using Lifis, but why would anyone? Pahn has much better combat (read: he can actually reasonably get kills on some mooks, 5 PCC is pretty deadly) and has 5 movement stars as opposed to 2, not to mention the durability issue. It's not really reasonable to tier Lifis for use after chapter 12x.

I disagree with that being the main issue. Sure you listed some superficial advantages, but I don't think that better combat is enough to override the number of turns that Lifis saved you beforehand. I.E. Manster and stealing S drinks for Safy in chapter 10.

Matthew is also worse than Legault once both are recruited. As far as I can tell, Matthew is ranked higher than Legault on tier lists. Similarly, Lifis saves you turns in Manster, but Pahn doesn't.

Pahn provides combat which isn't unique and lets you steal and open doors. But when do you still need to actually take advantage of those merits? Sure it's nice to have durability to steal stuff in chapter 14 and 20, but he isn't saving turns, really. Sure Lifis is obviously worse statistically in every way possible, but you don't need stats to open doors, so there isn't really an advantage to actually use those stats.

Edit:disregard it got changed.

Edited by Brighton