copied from Oujay's hair color.

anthonyfull.png

I messed with the shades a bit and hopefully made them a little less saturated

Edited by fuzz94

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if it has anything to do with Oujay already wearing something bright or not, but I definitely agree you should tone those down. Maybe if you made it more like Hector's where the lightest colour is... lighter. XD And also paler.

Edited by Freohr Datia

I dunno if it has anything to do with Oujay already wearing something bright or not, but I definitely agree you should tone those down. Maybe if you made it more like Hector's where the lightest colour is... lighter. XD And also paler.

Edited different hair color into the post above.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Zelda's hair kinda.. brown? That looks red to me :P Also, her hair shading is kinda derpy, but otherwise it looks pretty good. Her ear is wonky too but hey it's splicing contest :3

It's a redish shade i guess. I'll change it. Also that ear is oh so wonky but it was using Morva's nose and some of Ismaire's headdress.

and as for hair shading i say, DAMN YOU FE6 and then go and fix it.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/zelda/zelda.jpg

If this is what you were looking at doing (Twilight Princess Zelda?) then yeah, I'd say it's a lot more brown; it doesn't have much red at all (un petit peu peut-etre)

I suppose if you ever want to use the sprite for anything you can just fix up the ear, and yeah FE6 is just derp. Poor FE6 needs a remake. ;D

I'd recommend darkening the lightest hair shade. His hair is not the flowy kind so the lightest tone is a lot brighter, but for Zelda, who has a lot of the lightest shade, I'd darken it up a little bit, otherwise it makes your shading look derpyer than it already is cause FE6

Edited by Jubby

I'd put the derpyness of the shading down to the way you dropped elfins hair to 3 colours, his shading isn't amazing to start with, but these squiggly line things at the moment look nothing like hair.

I'd suggest fixing the shading on the hair and the ear, you're allowed to fix shading and stuff, take a look at some past comps to get an idea of the level you can edit stuff to.

Her Hair is bootyfull!

week56product.png

Better colors.

@Vamp: I know how much shading can be done, it's just that I am not very good with custom shading and such. I'll give it a shot.

Edited by fuzz94

I would definitely fix the top part of the hair, though. You can invert/rotate part of the other people to try and get new and original looking hair patterns, even using some of the cloak if you're careful enough. That way you only have a minimal amount of manual editing to do if you're not big on that.