Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just it too, I have no idea if that's the case...

Besides, I kind of don't want to be the only person that can see this avatar. Other Ike fans that like his muscles should get to see it too. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 months later...

It's about time I posted something new here! I made a rough sketch of my version of a 40ish-year-old Ike, mainly because of Snowy_One's joke about his goatee in the first support contest. :P I like the goatee! (I don't mean this to insult him or anything, of course, I'm just having fun. lol And I was eventually going to draw this anyway)

OlderIke_zpsjudobbxt.png

I'm not the best at drawing anyone over 30, but I'm trying... His expression is depicting him being kind of distant, since his two children leave on a long journey. He has genuine concern for Kael and Lalita and simply hopes they remain safe and protect each other.

Oh yeah, and you can't tell because there's no color, but his tunic is meant to be the one he wears as a Vanguard. ;)

Edited by Anacybele

Well you succeeded :) He still looks like himself.

I just thought of something though. Greil didn't have facial hair I don't think...Idk if that's genetic or not, but yeah.

I think there is a gene that can cause a man to be unable to grow facial hair, but I believe it's rare. Greil might not have wanted any facial hair either though, who knows?

My mom just said I made him look Asian... lol I don't see it, I just tried to give him a similar eye shape to what he has as a 20 year old. xP

Yeah, but I could fiddle around with the eye shape a bit anyway. It's not complete, so yeah. Still needs cleaner lines and some color.

Er...I'm afraid I don't see this "resemblance" either, but how do I make him look less sleepy then? I'm all ears, honestly. I'll do whatever. :P

I colored it! I also made some adjustments. Hopefully he doesn't look sleepy anymore. lol I also noticed that I drew the collar wrong at first when I looked at Vanguard Ike for some color reference, so I fixed that as well.

twenty_years_later___ike_by_great_aether

EDIT: Ah, I forgot to change the color of the outlines. >_<

EDIT2: There we go. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, sure! I know my hair shading isn't the greatest, as I've seen a lot of much better hair shading than mine, so tell me! :)

And thanks!

Edited by Anacybele

All right, So based on the shadows in the neck area, the light source seems to be in front of Ike. Considering that, the hair as it gets to the back of his scalp should get progressively darker. Similar principle applies to his clothes and shoulders.

To improve it, you can add more shadows towards the back of Ike's hair and shoulders. Some extra shading on the visible side of his face would also fit, considering how the human male head in real life is shaped.

Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

So, something that isn't fanart for a change. It'll be part of the art that I'm going to sell on DA. So have a unicorn at a forest waterfall. :)

Waterfallunicorn_zpsvh1g9wph.png

Yeah, normally I don't shade my sketches, but I felt like doing that for this one. I think I just wanted it to look like the pictures in my how-to-draw-horses book. lol

And I admit the background is kind of messy. I'm not good at doing backgrounds. But you can tell that there's water, rock, and a little plant life, right? And anyway, this will get colored in Photoshop before I officially make it for sale.

Edited by Anacybele

Huh? But I put a lot more plant life in the top left around the waterfall... I'd have thought that part was more noticeable. But yeah, it'll look better colored. :P And thanks!

Okay, finally finished coloring it. :P I just kinda put it off a little.

543746296257aeb33a5f45fa0caff388-d90qf1p

I'm still trying to understand exactly how sizes and such work for prints on DA though... But I'll get there someday! I'm also still working on my background skills... Even using photos for reference is making it hard to improve. >_<

• 4 weeks later...

So, I had a random as hell dream last night. Like, literally random. Just random stuff showing up every minute. And I just so needed to draw one of the scenes that appeared. It was of a certain OTP of mine just peacefully catching some z's in a nice bed. :P

IkeElinciainbedsketch_zpsppjaqktb.png

I know, the hands are both a little too small. And Elincia needs a bit more forehead. I probably need a little more muscle definition on Ike too, will get to that in the coloring phase. This was pretty much just a rough sketch. And ugh, as always, the hands gave me so much trouble and I know they still don't look quite right... >_< But if there's anything else I should do here, name it! I want this to look great in the end. ^^

If you can't tell, Elincia isn't naked, she's got sleeveless PJ's on. Ike would be wearing some shorts or something as well. Buuut, if you want, you can pretend that they did the big s word the previous night anyway. XD

Argh, why do random specks keep appearing on my sketches...

Edited by Anacybele

I finished coloring it! :D

morning_sleepyheads_by_great_aether-d940

I still don't think I did those abs quite right, but I corrected as much stuff as I could. Like Elincia's hair, I noticed, was looking iffy on the back of her head, so I made it look better. And I fixed the errors I mentioned previously as well, of course.

I'm not the best at drawing abs or muscles in general myself, but I bookmarked this really useful tutorial on how to draw abs!

From observation, abs shouldn't be completely connected with one another because of the small space that separates each ab muscle so I think if you erase the line separating the ab muscles, it'll look a bit more natural :>

It's a very good drawing, by the way!

Edited by carefreejules