a gallery(?)

singularity

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oo nice!

The only part I'd feel would've been questionable is the eyepatch, mainly b/c of the strap.* Don't know if anyone would whine about the stripe overlay on the sleeve (that sort of thing has been entered before, albeit used very rarely and situationally, and gone through without a fuss).

* You potentially could build a patch from Joshua's coat I'm pretty sure and use a line from Ross or Joshua if you wanted a safer entry. If you just wanted to clean it up, aliasing the eyepatch line and fixing up the shading on the neck is all it needs imo. ^^

Jose1.JPG

I think the reason the eye patch feels off is because the bands make it seem unsupported, like it's somehow only attached to half his head. Yours is more vertically oriented where it should be more horizontal, like how this dude's band goes behind his head.

I also noticed that his cheek is entirely devoid of the lightest skin tone, which is something really typical of this style. Right now it just looks kind of strange when you zoom in, the light doesn't make sense. There's also a weird bright line line on his cheek under the eyepatch. :0

I'm being pretty nitpicky though, this is a nice splice ^_^ Good jorb~

So eyepatches go straight up the ear, not below the ear? My whole life has been a lie. :Kappa:

but thanks for the advice. I don't really mind the nitpicking since it shows the mistakes I didn't notice before. May fix it again but no time at the moment, and I also has another splice to do.

Edited by deer hands

• 3 weeks later...

i suppose i might convert this into a gallery some time.

image.png

added a battle sprite for him.

image.png

Alexis, a female Lord. I kinda like how she turns out, so i also gave her a battle sprite(I used prototype Eirika for her body).

image.png

Icarus. His shoulder pad leaves much to be desired.

Edited by deer hands

• 2 weeks later...

His face looks a bit squished, and I think his eye is too close to his nose. His upper lip looks really strange jutting out the way it does.

Here's a gif:

zVcgaBr.gif

it's female. *creys because gender viewer confusion*

will do about the eyes and mouth. about the face, i'd say it might look better if it's shaded?

for now, i'm keeping those things in mind. i'd say the custom's supposedly be shorter than him, and this is still wip so...

Might just be because it's a WIP, but that's a pretty heavy jaw for a girl. Also, just noticed, the neck goes way too close to the edge of her face, I'd make the neck a bit thinner.

Hey I came here to say what Toa just said XD But I think this is cool! This could look really awesome, definitely do try to fix the anatomy problems before you start detailing/shading--I think it will save you a lot of time! I tend to go straight into the face and leave everything unfinished around it aha XD

I think you also might want to mess with the glasses more, the near part is alright (though a bit oddly shaped) but the far part is weird? Idk, the shape of the profile in general is a bit odd, I'm excited to see how you fix it. I can also edit it a little if you want help?

quote name="Toa" post="3361699" timestamp="1411233598"]Might just be because it's a WIP, but that's a pretty heavy jaw for a girl. Also, just noticed, the neck goes way too close to the edge of her face, I'd make the neck a bit thinner.

i'm a stout girl irl, but now that you've mentioned it, the neck does looks a bit too thick. adding it to 'to-do' list.

Hey I came here to say what Toa just said XD But I think this is cool! This could look really awesome, definitely do try to fix the anatomy problems before you start detailing/shading--I think it will save you a lot of time! I tend to go straight into the face and leave everything unfinished around it aha XD

I think you also might want to mess with the glasses more, the near part is alright (though a bit oddly shaped) but the far part is weird? Idk, the shape of the profile in general is a bit odd, I'm excited to see how you fix it. I can also edit it a little if you want help?

if i have the time i'd fix them. problem is, i don't really have much spare time and i took my chance doing this.

also, i'd be honored for be helped.