New release info- Return of My Unit

While I was kinda annoyed that FE12 revolved in-game play around him pretty badly for how good he could be, I still like the premise and I hope they don't make him silly again.

For real though, would also not mind if they expanded on how you went about making him. Also, considering the whole art style thing looking rather solidly put together, I wonder how they'll pull the "swap pixels and make MU have awkwardly misplaced hair", or if you'll be allowed to mess with your MU portrait at all.

Also, hope they give more options in that sense. I want scars. I want different facial expressions. Hats. Clothes (Since we see more than just the shoulders as we can see). I wanna have absolute madness.

You wants Sims and FE rolled into 1?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jase is going to be kept. I just hope that Reflet is actually MyUnit because that is such a stupid name >:(. Although, since they both have the same character palettes, with the only difference I can see being hair color, it's still an unknown. But that makes me fear that, as with 11/12, everyone is going to have similar battle characters, and that would kinda blow :_(

I'll weigh in on the whole "My Unit" thing when I actually have more information to base it off of.

What I'm more focused on is the whole "two dragons" thing. Essentially, to me, it sounds the same as Naga and Medeus. So, unless Awakening has some connection to Akaneia, I may scream and swear off FE. Which I really don't want to do.

What I'm more focused on is the whole "two dragons" thing. Essentially, to me, it sounds the same as Naga and Medeus. So, unless Awakening has some connection to Akaneia, I may scream and swear off FE. Which I really don't want to do.

what

No, seriously, what the fuck? Unless you're referring to how cliche that is (which it kind of is but this is FE whaddaya want), this would make for the fourth time that's happened:

Naga/Meduith

Narga/Lopto

Fa/Idoun (to a lesser extent)

this shit/tihs siht

All right, all right. Calm down and reign in the killer weapons. I'm just saying it's getting kinda old. At least PoR and RD actually moved away from the usual this dragon v. that dragon. I'm saying they could probably use some new ideas.

what

No, seriously, what the fuck? Unless you're referring to how cliche that is (which it kind of is but this is FE whaddaya want), this would make for the fourth time that's happened:

Naga/Meduith

Narga/Lopto

Fa/Idoun (to a lesser extent)

this shit/tihs siht

You also have less plot-significant versions of this happening in other FE games, like with Ninian and the Fire Dragons or Kurth and Dheg.

All right, all right. Calm down and reign in the killer weapons. I'm just saying it's getting kinda old. At least PoR and RD actually moved away from the usual this dragon v. that dragon. I'm saying they could probably use some new ideas.

Why move on to new ideas when they have not yet perfected the old ones?

Maybe IS plot creativity might have been 'improved' this time to: Let's have Dragon representative B(My Unit) try to infiltrate and screw over Dragon representative A(Lord)'s army. But Plot twist! Dude from B ends up working with Dude from A to take down some big evil demon thingy from faction C! No one will ever see it coming **pops open champagne**

Or maybe your enemies this time round might be everyone else in the world wanting to kill MyUnit and the Lord because it's prophesied that both together are dragons that would screw over the world and some such nonsense. Might be amusing if MyUnit and the Lord become Manakete's at some point in the game.

Or maybe somebody's country gets invaded by an evil empire and that somebody has to travel the world building up an army to reclaim his/her castle only to discover that the evil emperor was really just a puppet for the man who wants to summon the dark dragon.

That'd just be silly and too much like SS

I would prefer MU to have some special perk on his class though. Maybe a locked skill or something?

How odd it is to wish for some distinct perk rather than a one-off thing that is then transferred to whoever else needs it.

The oddity is that skills, which once served the purpose of a distinct perk just by being skills, have now largely fallen to the level of being such one-off things, with just a few of those exceptions.

Edited by Othin