Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

Hey, that reminds me I was once better than Astra XD Then he got better so fast, and before I noticed, he's... well, FE6 Karel. (amazing, with space for growth)

Weren't Ether and Allan Aokage once part as well?

Edited by Xiltas

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We -were- that bad, Iced. Back when Astra couldn't sprite, I thought I could, guys like seph and Lumi weren't involved and our only claim to fame was somehow struggling onwards like an earthworm.

And actually, I've reason to believe it was less. You were barely ever on, even in its inception.

Maybe.....But it didn't always seem like that.

I was on quite a bit, regardless neither of us can have any evidence so it's really just up to interpretation.

I shall revoke my claim for now

Hey, that reminds me I was once better than Astra XD Then he got better so fast, and before I noticed, he's... well, FE6 Karel. (amazing, with space for growth)

Weren't Ether and Allan Aokage once part as well?

Hope it's not a complete comparision as that growth won't have much space in that case. lol

I remember Allan was. Ether? That I don't.

Hope it's not a complete comparision as that growth won't have much space in that case. lol

I remember Allan was. Ether? That I don't.

Ether contributed a character, said nothing else and then left. Again, that was back with Name Undecided.

Wow, this looks really awesome! You guys really improved EVERYTHING! Even the weapons look different. And I did NOT expect new Armory/Shop dudes either! This is probably the second hack that I'll actually play through!

Iced, 'Name Undecided' ate it back with Arcadian Legend. You abandoned it like two months in. You have the gall to demand anything of us?

No.

Away with ye.

And I abandoned it not too long after that, because of ALS's conditions. SO WHY AM I ON THE CREDITS LIST?????

Name Undecided was headed by Iced for about two months before he decided he had better things to to and went off to play with his prick for another year. There was no plan, no real chain of command, and blandly it was shaping up to be another dead reskin with SF members for guys, caught up in struggles over statistics and strangling itself to eternal sleep before it reached chapter two.

If you figured all of this out, how can you still blame Nadesico!!!!!!! for saving us all from this misery? This was precisely why she did it and if she left it the way it was, I can assure you that this hack would not have risen up to this level during this same period. That's why we decided to break up the old forum.

@Kiku: How can I blame her? It's easier than it looks like. Come on, give it a try^^

Honestly, the forum was closed down without telling us, and it took some time to retrieve the lost data. And now she comes from time to time to troll us on our new forum. Reason enough for me. I won't allow any more opinions on this.

Wow, this looks really awesome! You guys really improved EVERYTHING! Even the weapons look different. And I did NOT expect new Armory/Shop dudes either! This is probably the second hack that I'll actually play through!

And I abandoned it not too long after that, because of ALS's conditions. SO WHY AM I ON THE CREDITS LIST?????

If you figured all of this out, how can you still blame Nadesico for saving us all from this misery? This was precisely why she did it and if she left it the way it was, I can assure you that this hack would not have risen up to this level during this same period. That's why we decided to break up the old forum.

You have shit that's still in the game. And regularly bitch to me about wanting to be in it. Would you mind taking a position and sticking with it?

Sheer luck found us another host. I doubt Kanadesico Ryn-Hime wanted us out to save the hack.

Well I've completed the demo, up to chapter 3 and I've got some things to say:

the maps suckkkkk

Eh, the maps are... okay, for the most part. They could be lots of times better, both look-wise and gameplay-wise. Iunno how many chapters this thing's gonna be, but maybe I can help out with maps. Just call me. Though, I have to confess I'm unreliable and lazy, but if you bug me enough, I'll get the job done =).

Anyway, enough about maps.

The story is... bland, so far. Just some group fighting bandits, bandits and more bandits. Not saying it's a bad thing, it's only 4 chapters after all, so no biggie.

Well, as I've read, the mugs will be getting an overhaul, which is good as they're not all really good (I like Chester and Amelia really much, though).

Uhm... difficulty. Well, I think you should tone down the enemy stats a wee bit. Preferably a bit less HP and slightly less speed. Oh, and one big complain is the huge amount of hand axes wielded by enemies. That's freaking annoying.

Overall, it's not the best hack I've ever played, but don't worry, it's a demo, beta, whatever, only 4 chapters, lotsa time to improve it.

Apart from all the critz I've given, I have to say that it was still enjoyable, and it has potential, big time. This could grow to be an awesome hack that will be remembered by so many.

Gj, consider me one of the "fans".

One thing about the enemy stats:

I understand if you say that "the enemy stats are too high", but the skype group all agreed that it had a relatively good balance.

The story is... bland, so far. Just some group fighting bandits, bandits and more bandits. Not saying it's a bad thing, it's only 4 chapters after all, so no biggie.

Well, as I've read, the mugs will be getting an overhaul, which is good as they're not all really good (I like Chester and Amelia really much, though).

Uhm... difficulty. Well, I think you should tone down the enemy stats a wee bit. Preferably a bit less HP and slightly less speed. Oh, and one big complain is the huge amount of hand axes wielded by enemies. That's freaking annoying.

Overall, it's not the best hack I've ever played, but don't worry, it's a demo, beta, whatever, only 4 chapters, lotsa time to improve it.

Apart from all the critz I've given, I have to say that it was still enjoyable, and it has potential, big time. This could grow to be an awesome hack that will be remembered by so many.

Gj, consider me one of the "fans".

The story gets better, we just need our generic BRANDIT maps before getting to the Serious stuff.

Which mugs specifically?

I can cut down Hand Axes. HP and Spd might be a tad difficult to alter considering the fragile balance. But I'll see.

Thanks.

One thing about the enemy stats:

I understand if you say that "the enemy stats are too high", but the skype group all agreed that it had a relatively good balance.

3HKO's go

You have shit that's still in the game. And regularly bitch to me about wanting to be in it. Would you mind taking a position and sticking with it?

Because I really do WANT to be in it. But I don't wanna be in the Credits list. I couldn't find any other way to convince ALS to get rid of me without disappearing. And he STILL left my name in.

Sheer luck found us another host. I doubt Kanadesico Ryn-Hime wanted us out to save the hack.

She probably wasn't trying to save the hack but she clearly understood that the hack wasn't gonna go anywhere in the state that it was and shut it down for our own good.

Because I really do WANT to be in it. But I don't wanna be in the Credits list. I couldn't find any other way to convince ALS to get rid of me without disappearing. And he STILL left my name in.

Proto, you do know there's no way for the two of these things to happen at the same time, right?

She probably wasn't trying to save the hack but she clearly understood that the hack wasn't gonna go anywhere in the state that it was and shut it down for our own good.

AhahahahahahaHAhahahaha.

You do not know Kanami XD

Edited by seph1212

Is the hack so terrible that you wish your name were not put to it? Make up your mind, geez.

...I reject this conclusion.

I demand to be in these credits, even if just "Original Idea" or something.

lol by that logic everyone who ever contributed to hacking should be in the credits =P

Tell me if at least my own characters weren't changed without my knowledge

lolol

Dan got on Skype and decided to learn events

Out of curiosity, Dan = ?

Dan's been busting his ass working on this for around 2 weeks now, and all he's gotten from you is bitching about "why wasn't I told?"

You weren't. That's it. If you don't like it, I'm sorry.

lolol owned *eats popcorn*

Oh yeah, Ken, I got a Halb animation to work.

MK404's.

wee MK's halberdier again [/sarcasm]

IMO (and I'm sure a good amount of people will agree with me), a good game allows one to change modes of difficulty, such that poor game players can beat the game without having to cheat or get insanely frustrated and quit for 2 months before playing again, and good game players can enjoy a great challenge. Having a game be hard to start with, to me, is like saying "we don't want you to succeed". Let CP-level people take CP classes and AP-level people take AP classes, but don't force CP people to take AP classes. Meh I said enough of my unwanted opinion on the matter.

IMO (and I'm sure a good amount of people will agree with me), a good game allows one to change modes of difficulty, such that poor game players can beat the game without having to cheat or get insanely frustrated and quit for 2 months before playing again, and good game players can enjoy a great challenge. Having a game be hard to start with, to me, is like saying "we don't want you to succeed". Let CP-level people take CP classes and AP-level people take AP classes, but don't force CP people to take AP classes. Meh I said enough of my unwanted opinion on the matter.

It's not that hard, which is the point. It's balanced, so people can't just bumrush their way through chapters. They actually have to think and formulate strategies.

I see Nintenlord credited for writing an "epic program" or three but I don't see a "Hextator" mentioned anywhere!

How does that work?!

FEditor Adv by Hextator
Edited by Obviam

Proto, you do know there's no way for the two of these things to happen at the same time, right?

But why not? I doubt I'd even be able to contribute anywhere near as much as most of the big d00ds out there anyway.

AhahahahahahaHAhahahaha.

You do not know Kanami XD

Oh, really? I don't know her now but I certainly knew her one year ago.

And look where we are now, hm?

Then again I only started hacking 2 weeks ago.... >_>

That's only because you guys left Arcadian Legend and managed to start getting some real work done all by yourselves. True, she didn't know that you would have started making much better progress after moving somewhere else, but she understood that it wasn't gonna happen in the state that Arcadian Legend was in. Regardless of whether we chose to abandon the hack after Arcadian Legend burned down, or decided to settle with a new forum and start working seriously now, both alternatives were better than remaining at Arcadian Legend and making very slow and unimpressive progress. Allan and Nadesico!!!!!!! both realized this. Whether you choose to notice it or not, shutting down the old forum was the best thing that ever happened to the hack.

But why not? I doubt I'd even be able to contribute anywhere near as much as most of the big d00ds out there anyway.

Oh, really? I don't know her now but I certainly knew her one year ago.

That's only because you guys left Arcadian Legend and managed to start getting some real work done all by yourselves. True, she didn't know that you would have started making much better progress after moving somewhere else, but she understood that it wasn't gonna happen in the state that Arcadian Legend was in. Regardless of whether we chose to abandon the hack after Arcadian Legend burned down, or decided to settle with a new forum and start working seriously now, both alternatives were better than remaining at Arcadian Legend and making very slow and unimpressive progress. Allan and Nadesico!!!!!!! both realized this. Whether you choose to notice it or not, shutting down the old forum was the best thing that ever happened to the hack.

Because by being in the hack you are a part of the hack, and are therefor mentioned in the credits. You contribute a character.

You REALLY don't know her if you think she killed the site to get the hack moving.

tl;dr.

Because by being in the hack you are a part of the hack, and are therefor mentioned in the credits. You contribute a character.

I contributed a character? If you guys used the Hawke mug without Nadesico!!!!!!!'s permission, then it counts as art theft! I removed my character for the sole purpose of keeping my name off that list (and I knew that making a new merc would be no problem at all). You guys can't use it anymore.

You REALLY don't know her if you think she killed the site to get the hack moving.

tl;dr.

You really should have read it before responding. She killed the site to kill the hack. Which would have been a lot better than letting us continue working on it in the miserable state of Arcadian Legend. There's absolutely no way we would have made this much progress in the same duration if we had remained at AL. I can't believe ANYONE who was at AL would still think that we would have been better off if Nadesico!!!!!!! didn't destroy the forum.