[Final Fantasy VI] Ah, we're back to the best FF game ever

Bluedoom

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so since Shadow's left, I guess we should make him free until Nikeah and till Zozo.

Now, analysis:

Edgar(WoR and FC)- Solid char, useful from the getgo, dragoon pawnage.

Mog(WoR and FC)- Rips things in WoB with dance. Later becomes dragoon with Molulu's charm.

Celes(uptil IMRF)- fine char but not great. Still needed a char now.

Strago- I get to use him for the rest of the game. Blue magic is cool.

Cyan- one scenario, big deal.

Gau- Starting of WoB and then WoR. Wonderful. He's still cool with some rages. I wonder if I can train him in rages even if he's not draftable....

There, Im gonna sleep now.

Edited by Marth

Before route split:

Edgar

Sabin

Basically, the first section of the game is me running from anything that looks at me funny. Edgar is there for the Magitek Armors and Vargas. Sabin will do nothing.

Until Narshe:

Nobody

So a Terra solo, Sabin solo and Locke solo. Fun.

Narshe Battle to Vector Part 2:

Edgar

Sabin

This is hilarious. I should not have ended up with the best two bosskillers for a good portion of the game. Hell's Rider, Kefka, Dadaluma, Ultros (2), Ifrit/Shiva, Number 024, Number 128 and Cranes. That's a ridiculous amount of bosses. I am gonna rock.

Thamasa to End of WoB:

Sabin

Setzer

Shadow

Terra/Locke combo for Thamasa and Esper Caves but the Floating Continent will be fun. I'm going to Rasp the shit out of Ultima Weapon. Nelapa will go down quickly thanks to Aura Cannon and Gil Toss (holy fuck, I'm actually using it for once).

World of Ruin:

Terra

Setzer

Shadow

Umaro

I have no clue where I'm going to use Umaro but huh. Terra will take a little while to train (thanks to only gaining AP at Flame Eater) but once she gets going, shit will get hilarious. Shadow has nice Fuma Shuriken damage while Setzer will probably go Viper Darts and Slots until I grab the Fixed Dice. Which may even happen right away. Terra takes on Demon, Setzer goes after Goddess and Shadow has Fiend. I think I'll send Umaro with Terra for shits and giggles (maybe he can eat some Metal Cutters for her?). I just really can't think of an actual use for him.

Celes WoR - I chose Celes first due to her unique equipment options (and Terra was taken).

Sabin WoR - Bum Rush. It might not do 9999, but if I give him a +2 Str esper for every level up, it'll be quite good.

WoR Cyan - I needed a third for Kefka's tower, and he seemed like the best available. Dispatch, Quadraslam, and the piercing attack are all situational but decent. His instant death attack is probably the best, but I don't know if he'll be high enough level to use it.

Terra (Sealed Gate to end of WoB) - She can morph at this point, so I think she'll be pretty useful. She can go in the back row no problem.

Relm(Until end of WoB) - Good equipment, sketch ability. Natural magic power is always nice.

Edgar(Until Narshe) - I made this pick because he has tools. Seemed like a good plan.

Mog( until Sealed gate) - If I remember correctly, dances are much more useful in the WoB than the WoR.

Setzer(Until Sealed Gate) - I felt like I needed a controllable character, too, so I got Setzer for slots (and they were the only ones left for this part of the game...)

Terra(until route split and then until Narshe) - I'd rather have her than the others, and if I didn't pick her I might have gotten stuck with the others.

Gau(Until end of WoB) - I don't know. His rages might come in handy on the FC.

What about putting espers on units that you have drafted for later, but not now? I don't even know if the stat boosts apply, but is it fair to do that? (Stupid party leveling system).

Edited by Whitefang

Sabin WoR - Bum Rush. It might not do 9999, but if I give him a +2 Str esper for every level up, it'll be quite good.

Problem. Bum Rush is magical, not physical. Same with most of Sabin's blitzes.

The stat boosts don't apply. All you're doing is pulling out an Esper when you could be using it.

Edited by Bblader

Problem. Bum Rush is magical, not physical. Same with most of Sabin's blitzes.

Really? Huh. That's weird. I guess I'll boost his Magic, then.

The stat boosts don't apply. All you're doing is pulling out an Esper when you could be using it.

Good to know.

Edited by Whitefang

Project post! I'll update my scores here.

Current Progress: Restart on phone (15/12/15). 6/14 recruited in WoR (Team: Terra/Setzer/Shadow). Deleted Typhon because he is part of Ultros (4)

Ymir              6  ->  -3  - Terra (3)
Guard Leader      8  ->  -3  - Locke (5)
Magitek Armour    8  ->  -2  - Edgar (6)
Vargas           12  ->  -5  - Edgar (7)
Ultros (1)       13  -> -12  - Edgar (7), Sabin (7)
Phantom Train    14  ->  -7  - Sabin (7)
Rhizopas         13  ->  -6  - Sabin (7)
Tunnel Armour    16  -> -21  - Locke (5), Celes (6)
Hells Rider      14  -> -14  - Edgar (7), Sabin (7)
Kefka            18  -> -21  - Edgar (8), Sabin (7)
Dadaluma         22  -> -33  - Edgar (8), Sabin (7)
Ultros (2)       19  -> -20  - Edgar (9), Sabin (9)
Ifrit/Shiva      21  -> -24  - Edgar (9), Sabin (9)
Number 024       24  -> -30  - Edgar (9), Sabin (9)
Number 128       23  -> -25  - Edgar (11), Sabin (10)
Cranes           23  -> -25  - Edgar (11), Sabin (10)
Flame Eater      26  -> -36  - Terra (8), Locke (8)
Ultros (3)       25  -> -34  - Terra (8), Locke (8), Relm (FREE)
Ultros (4)       26  -> -27  - Sabin (13), Setzer (12)
Air Force        25  -> -25  - Sabin (13), Setzer (12)
Ultima Weapon    37  -> -72  - Sabin (14), Setzer (13), Shadow (12)
Nelapa           26  -> -25  - Sabin (14), Setzer (13)

------------------

Tentacles        33  -> -23  - Celes (10)
Dullahan         37  -> -24  - Setzer (13)
Humbaba          31  -> -56  - Setzer (13), Terra (12), Shadow (12)
Behemoth King    46  -> -33  - Setzer (13)
Chadarnook      
Stooges         
Wrexsoul        
Hidon           
Valigarmanda     62  -> -149  - Terra (12), Setzer (13), Shadow (12)
Yeti             33  -> -62   - Terra (12), Setzer (13), Shadow (12)
Master Tonberry 
Samurai Soul    
Deathgaze       
Magic Master    
Inferno         
Ultima Buster   
Guardian        
Fiend           
Demon           
Goddess         

------------------

Gigantuar       
Leviathan       
Storm Dragon    
Ice Dragon        74  -> -185  - Terra (12), Setzer (13), Shadow (12)
Blue Dragon     
Holy Dragon     
Red Dragon      
Earth Dragon      53  -> -163  - Terra (12), Setzer (13), Shadow (12), Umaro (12)
Gold Dragon     
Skull Dragon    

------------------

Total To Date:   -1175 (470 WoB)
Edited by Pepe The Conquerer

I'm having a tough time with the Guard Leader. Are the moogles in Locke's party free or...? I've stretched it as far as I can go...everyone in the back row with moogles only defending. Locke steals everything then kills one wolf. I got the guy down to about 100HP. I guess I could try again with higher levels, but I'd prefer not to have to do that.