Site Update 3/29

Othin

what the actual fuck

This game seems to have a lot of things that are just significantly more powerful than in other FEs. I mean damn, an assignable skill that does 4 times more than Afa's drops? How broken does this shit get?

It isn't that absurd when you can just level forever, though.

@ Othin: I agree. I was wondering on how the Change Seal would be handled and it seems this is one of the better methods. It may also, dare I say, give most of us who ignored bonus battles an extra incentive to go out of our way to gain that extra EXP. It seems this game will have some very diversified unit teams from player to player, and that is most certainly a good thing in my book.

Edited by Shun One

It isn't that absurd when you can just level forever, though.

It will be for efficiency plays. Besides, I'm not sure I buy this argument. Final Fantasy Tactics, for example, has random battles, meaning that you can grind for JP if you'd like. Would you really argue that an item which gives you infinite JP with the press of a button isn't a "big deal"?

Just a reminder before complaining about any skills they show off that you have no idea how often and on what they even show up. I mean, if it was like z2-1 where you could give every unit Continuous Action for 300 PP that might be a bit ridiculous, but that probably isn't how it's going to work.

Edited by R-1 X Valhawk

Haven't we learned by now that growths hardly matter in the long run in an efficient mindset? Besides, a lot of this game seems to be more in skill builds. Sort of a play to a character's strengths deal. So, this skill Good Growths would be good on someone with a relatively fast leveling speed since they would actually benefit from this skill within the year. On a trainee like Donny who if he's like an FE8 trainee will level like every 3 hits or 3-4 every 5 kills, then he could reap a benefit in a map or 2.

That is of course assuming that Donny has good growths already under that, or good base stats in tandem to his base level. If not, well then that kinda defeats the purpose.

Edited by grandjackal

From the magazine scan, looks like Donny's bases are shit. But since apparently joins really early and is level -9 (unless IS is crazy enough to make him 20 levels of villager or something) pretty much, it might not be /terrible/ for his level and he might actually benefit a lot if it came early enough.

From the magazine scan, looks like Donny's bases are shit. But since apparently joins really early and is level -9 (unless IS is crazy enough to make him 20 levels of villager or something) pretty much, it might not be /terrible/ for his level and he might actually benefit a lot if it came early enough.

Uhhh...What scan would that be?

Is the read head girl with the spear Taimo?

Everything is looking great !

Does anyone have a name for the girl with pale skin dressed in black?

It's all on the main site. Speaking of which, I should look for my scan here.

Uhhh...What scan would that be?

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/290312B.jpg

In this week's updates. Midway down the page on the right hand side. Roughly says something along the lines of "starts worse than average (aka shitty bases), but what about his potential...?"

I mean look at that tiny chart

Edited by Luminescent Blade

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/290312B.jpg

In this week's updates. Midway down the page on the right hand side. Roughly says something along the lines of "starts worse than average (aka shitty bases), but what about his potential...?"

I mean look at that tiny chart

Would be nicer to have actual numbers, but I should have figured nothing solid was out on him yet.

Those aren't his character bases; they're his class bases. His class bases are all 0, which just means that he'll gain huge promotion gains when he finally reaches LV10, since stat changes from changing classes are equal to the difference between the two classes' base stats. For example, from the Cavalier's stat wheel shown with Sol in one of the earlier scans, we can see that it has these base stats:

Str: 6

Mag: 0

Skl: 5

Spd: 6

Def: 7

Res; 0

What this means is that those stats will be added directly to Donny's own stats when he promotes, at least for whichever class he promotes into. His own base stats are almost certainly higher; they could be pretty much anything, but they're probably still pretty bad. Regardless, the video shows him leveling up LV5 --> LV6 in Ch2, so it's unlikely he starts at less than LV4 or so. So that promotion isn't far away.